Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Nato101

Yueyang radar

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Alpha Tester
1,734 posts
2,514 battles

Is it worth it? I've experimented with it and found it useful but the situations aren't always there.

On the other hand I can smoke to protect myself from planes, other ships, as well as to protect the team from spotting. Then again radar and hydro negates that and if I smoke I'm really protecting the enemy.

Generally, smoke is better. But I'm an aggressive player so radar may be better. I can't make up my mind, especially since I'm not seeing too many CVs these days.

Sidenote: That special module you gotta grind out seems like a severe disability

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
988
[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,319 posts
13,270 battles

It was most useful when you div with a high DPM cruiser. It got red DD killed in cap quite easily.

Then came the CVs.

Frankly. After the gun and torp nerfs, it's really not worth playing YY at all.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,656
[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

Debatable.  Also depends if you're referring for use in Randoms or Ranked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,726
[SALVO]
Members
25,438 posts
27,395 battles

To me, radar is what ruined the YY.  It seems to me that WG cares more about the high tier PA DDs have radar than they do with them having good weapons.  The YY nerfs are a direct response to the YY's radar, best I know.  I used to like playing the YY (smoke), but post nerf, not so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
75 posts
8,754 battles

Do not have tier 10 dd's, but know a lot of people who do, and 100% agree (as previously stated above) that the Yueyang nerfs essentially "killed"the ship, and based upon my play, I rarely see it played.  What about keeping smoke and have radar as well, or improve her reload slightly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
573
[GRAVE]
Members
1,358 posts
19,480 battles
1 minute ago, HansMohr_or_less said:

What about keeping smoke and have radar as well, or improve her reload slightly

USS Black and HMS Belfast come to mind as to why.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
400
[RCNW3]
Members
1,942 posts
20,025 battles

Old meta, radar Yue could be an effective DD hunter, if used correctly (in a division). New CV meta, fewer DDs,  short range (short duration) radar instead of smoke is an invitation to be rocketed to death or constant spotting and focused fired by everyone.  Have not tried in the Ranked season, but with CVs, rapid firing DDs - not taking my nerfed Yue out at all

Edited by Panzer1113
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
858
[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,066 posts
15,043 battles

I have seen more Yue's in ranked than I thought...One did very well, dominating the game.  I even had to take mine out after that...did okay.  The others seem to have done just fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
1,734 posts
2,514 battles
2 hours ago, chewonit said:

It was most useful when you div with a high DPM cruiser. It got red DD killed in cap quite easily.

Then came the CVs.

Frankly. After the gun and torp nerfs, it's really not worth playing YY at all.

That's a real problem. The radar doesn't last long and cooperation is limited.

 

2 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

Debatable.  Also depends if you're referring for use in Randoms or Ranked.

I play pure random. I had 70% WR dropped down to (i dont want to look at it, 40%?). Probably due to being too aggressive without backup.

 

1 hour ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

Radar Yue Yang makes wins through precise small amounts of damage possible.  Smoke Yue Yang farms there way there.

Farming seems like a way better option based on experience. People don't seem to take advantage of situations.

 

43 minutes ago, HansMohr_or_less said:

Do not have tier 10 dd's, but know a lot of people who do, and 100% agree (as previously stated above) that the Yueyang nerfs essentially "killed"the ship, and based upon my play, I rarely see it played.  What about keeping smoke and have radar as well, or improve her reload slightly.

You can't have both. It's a choice between the two. Unlike the Z-52, which can both hydro and smoke at the same time (but I found the Z49 way more effective.

 

41 minutes ago, Panzer1113 said:

Old meta, radar Yue could be an effective DD hunter, if used correctly (in a division). New CV meta, fewer DDs,  short range (short duration) radar instead of smoke is an invitation to be rocketed to death or constant spotting and focused fired by everyone.  Have not tried in the Ranked season, but with CVs, rapid firing DDs - not taking my nerfed Yue out at all

That's the problem really. Cooperation, as always.

Had a game where I'd pushed the enemy back to the A line. Things seemed clear, so my 'team' sailed that way. Except they left the east side totally opened, got crossfired, and died rapidly.
Next match, I ended up chasing a Tier X CV down exclusively.. He died. The team is a CV up. But the game is over shortlythereafter

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×