You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
mistermark

Compliments in Chat

10 comments in this topic

Members
15 posts
5,351 battles

It's nice to compliment and to be complimented and support team play.  Would love two features.  (1) in chat being able to gg @super-amazing-player which will automatically kudos the player for "plays well" and (2) notify in the chat when someone complements you via the teams menu.  I would not recommend this for other than compliments.  Haters can play some other game.  Positive reinforcement builds play style and team.   In both cases it might be nice to know who gave the compliment in case you later want to division up with a player who is a positive influence.

• Cool 7

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,304 posts
6,266 battles

I approve. Even just a little message in chat saying "[player] was complimented!" visible to both teams when a compliment is given during a match would be a nice touch.

• Cool 1

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
23,200 battles

You can do that. Make the compliment on the team list and then use in battle chat to let the player know

Members
156 posts
3,489 battles
16 hours ago, Landsraad said:

I approve. Even just a little message in chat saying "[player] was complimented!" visible to both teams when a compliment is given during a match would be a nice touch.

Yeah, that would be a nice way to help encourage integrity in players to realize that it's just a game.

Members
1,872 posts

Neat idea. But there's no better news than bad news!

People already don't really use the current Karma system unless they're ticked off at you lol! They'll complain, never compliment. I think it's more of an issue with human nature versus the game...

• Cool 1

Members
35 posts
17,308 battles

I was waiting for somebody to mention that for a long time. You're right It takes a lot for somebody to compliment you and I've gotten quite a few times. It doesn't take very much 4 maybe 5 minutes later that to be wiped out from an over sensitive over emotional player.  There has to be a better way of doing it Where people can generally tell a person whether they are good or bad versus some player that can't handle their emotions and logically  assess when playing a game. It actually turns it into a negative, as you noted.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
1,244 posts
9,711 battles

So when you give a compliment during the battle does the rest of the team see that? I only see the response "Your compliment was received", but thought that only I was getting that message. I do not recall seeing this message as a general notifications when it was not me that extended the compliment.

[WOLFG]
Members
10,669 posts
9,886 battles
2 hours ago, DJC_499 said:

So when you give a compliment during the battle does the rest of the team see that? I only see the response "Your compliment was received", but thought that only I was getting that message. I do not recall seeing this message as a general notifications when it was not me that extended the compliment.

I don't think anyone sees it.

I think the person you give it to doesn't see it till after the game.

Members
1,445 posts
7,009 battles
5 hours ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I don't think anyone sees it.

I think the person you give it to doesn't see it till after the game.

And even at that, they have to look in the notifications log to find it.

at a minimum, I'd like to see them use the stupid alert bubble system to notify players that they were complimented.

Matt

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
6,668 posts
11,641 battles

I give compliments, sometimes during game (by using the "TAB" key, you can see a team list and click on a player to open a compliment/report menu),  and sometimes after a game is finished in the Victory/Defeat screen by again clicking on the team list and using mouse-menus to compliment/report players.

But, the amount of compliments allowed in a day is limited.

So, sometimes I just type what I want to say during the in-game chat and send it to the team or to "All" (both teams), in order to give recognition to a given player.

I would offer more compliments in a given day, but WOW's limits the amount we can generate in a day.