Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
clammboy

CVs in ranked a joke

20 comments in this topic

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,830 posts
11,586 battles

All I heard is CVs in ranked will kill ranked games there are no CVs in ranked and when they are its nothing. God people were whining like crazy and CVs are a non factor in ranked there's less CVs in ranked than in random .

You know what's annoying in ranked there's 3 Yamato's in every game sitting outside and snipping everybody they are the CVs of random might be the most boring ship to play in WOWS a 10 year old could play that ship . 

• Cool 5
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 4

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
19,930 battles
50 minutes ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

You do realize this is evidence that MULTIPLE CVs can now be safely added to clan battles...

Fixed that for ya.

• Funny 1
  • Meh 1

[WORX]
Members
11,357 posts
19,064 battles
1 hour ago, clammboy said:

You know what's annoying in ranked there's 3 Yamato's in every game sitting outside and snipping everybody they are the CVs of random might be the most boring ship to play in WOWS a 10 year old could play that ship

^^^^ This is any BB at tier 10, Tier 10 matches are just not fun..

• Cool 1

[AXANR]
Members
209 posts
3,411 battles
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

And they nerfed the lower tiers to hell to push everyone to tier up...

This is bad for the game you know, knowing that you are progressing towards a non fun or less fun tier... it is a distopian design mentality.

• Cool 1

[KIA]
Members
3,548 posts
15,586 battles

Ranked was never a no CV mode. The only no CV ranked was the last Arms Race ranked.

All other ranked had the RTS CV, which wasn't better than the current CV we have, just more rare.

[--K--]
Members
5,386 posts
17,838 battles

You know what the problem with Rank is? Its Rank!

We have been stuck with the same terrible Progress system that bases your progression on the performance of 6 other random potatoes. Some times the only way you're going to move up is if you get lucky enough to have the team who: mounted their Anti-Det flags, know how to play the game, don't Yolo a cap when there is 3 radar ships behind it or Know how to focus fire. 

The problem with Rank is no one would play the crappy game mode if it wasn't for Premium high tier ships. Team Battles died a inglorious death because there was no point in playing it. Rank is only kept going because they promised players who kept playing a Flint and than a Black. But once people got those ships they checked out of the mode. So to keep it alive they introduced STEEL and even more shiny high tier premiums. The funny bit is if you look at the WG published player numbers from as far back as Season 7 of Rank you will see fewer and fewer players suffering through this awful game mode. And I can't say I blame them for leaving.

The Problem with Rank is even after so many complaints and so many suggestions for fixing it WG Does Nothing about it. 
Arms race was a bit better but still suffered with the same Crappy progression system. Rank Sprints is Way better because of the multiple Safe Ranks that are in the single digit Ranks. 
Don't get me wrong I enjoy 7v7 same tier games. In fact I've had some wildly enjoyable Rank games. Sadly at the end of every Rank game you are faced with the negative aspect of Rank, that being the Star Progression system. Which sucks all fun and enjoyment out of the mode, leaving only toxic salt and a wish to Fun and Engaged the entity that created the Rank Salt Pit. 

Yes I still get heated by the Rank Campers, the Rank Damage Farming Save A Star idiots, they Rank Yolo'rs, the Rank Throwers and all the other Toxic Potatoes floating around. But I've stopped heating on them, its the people who keep pushing the same tired and crappy game mode on us that I'm really getting upset with. Sadly you can't report them for "Plays Poorly".  

• Cool 7

Members
6,729 posts
21,129 battles
5 hours ago, clammboy said:

You know what's annoying in ranked there's 3 Yamato's in every game sitting outside and snipping everybody they are the CVs of random might be the most boring ship to play in WOWS a 10 year old could play that ship . 

This perplexes me. How many sentences could or should there be in this line? Always a B- student at best, I'm guessing 5?

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
3,725 posts
23,482 battles
11 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

This perplexes me. How many sentences could or should there be in this line? Always a B- student at best, I'm guessing 5?

English is probably his second language.

[SYN]
Members
15,874 posts
12,803 battles

I think it's because all the CVs have already progressed beyond the OP's ranked bracket...

Ergo, he's not seeing any.

image.thumb.png.1221b9aa3055ecf4758b8e3c1d92ad6c.png

Just because you don't experience it, it doesn't mean it's not problematic.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[BB35]
Members
109 posts
20,275 battles

So far the only thing that sucks about ranked is there is always that one guy constantly berating the team.  Usually the guy who died first after sailing off alone. 

[RBMK2]
Members
4,488 posts
20,671 battles
7 hours ago, clammboy said:

All I heard is CVs in ranked will kill ranked games there are no CVs in ranked and when they are its nothing. God people were whining like crazy and CVs are a non factor in ranked there's less CVs in ranked than in random .

Why you're lucky all the super CV players have ranked out already leaving the average ones that are hanging out at r5 

[KIA-A]
Members
931 posts
5,635 battles
7 hours ago, clammboy said:

Get into the rank 5-1 bracket and you will see the problem. Sometimes, a CV player can decide the game(when you have a noob CV player against a well experienced CV player). Getting citadelled multiple times in a USN cruiser is not exactly a pleasant thing either. “Just Dodge” doesn’t work in many instances because often times, the planes will attack in a position where you can’t move and if you did move, you will get spotted and focus fired. This “Just Dodge” tactic only works when there are no enemy ships near you or when you are on open water.

• Funny 1

[P2W]
Members
426 posts
12,665 battles
4 hours ago, Sweetsie said:

You know what's annoying in ranked? There's 3 Yamato's [sic] in every game sitting outside and snipping [sic] everybody. They are the CVs of random. [They] might be the most boring ship to play in WOWS; a 10-year-old could play that ship.

So, 4.5 sentences, as you could arguably take the last clause and make it a separate sentence. I'd give you an A- for your score of 5 :-) 

Members
6,729 posts
21,129 battles
3 minutes ago, KaptainNemo_1 said:

So, 4.5 sentences, as you could arguably take the last clause and make it a separate sentence. I'd give you an A- for your score of 5 :-) 

I'll take that and run, highest grade I've ever received. 

Members
5,408 posts
10,437 battles
16 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Not when I play - I move up and I have to say the tier 10 are far better than tier 6.

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,042 posts
10,727 battles

What little I have seen of Ranked this time has been truly awful. Also, I have stopped because I realized the honor and glory points for ranked are completely tied to win/loss, and I want that Russian captain, so I am going to forego trying to earn any more steel this season and stick with Randoms where it is easier to farm the points to earn tokens.

Sign in to follow this