You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Botcha

All three main WG games are sinking and one is dead...

31 comments in this topic

Members
248 posts
12,784 battles

GG WG, your free to play games are pretty much dead.  YOU never listened to your player base and will end up forgotten soon enough. Hope you got your money grab tactics, spend it wisely!  

• Cool 4
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 9
  • Meh 9

Members
2,946 posts
94 battles
3 minutes ago, Botcha said:

GG WG, your free to play games are pretty much dead.  YOU never listened to your player base and will end up forgotten soon enough. Hope you got your money grab tactics, spend it wisely!  

How many times has this been said over the years.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
Members
8,012 posts
15,606 battles

They can always do one more cash grab for the Kitakami

You'd better believe I'd be in line for that one.

• Funny 1

[MELON]
Members
1,081 posts
3,019 battles

0XKOKyS.jpg

If you want more people to agree with you go to the subreddit. They over react about everything there

Edited by Koogus
Adding stuff
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 5

[GOB]
Members
3,749 posts

Tried and quit Tanks......

Kinda got into Aircraft as it is really my forte and did really well....until the pay for totally unrealistic comic book planes get you at level 6 or so and then it had ZERO to do with actual skillz.  Quit that.

Came here......  Doing ok.

SUCKS that I had to leave all my Gold back there.  Same company so it should be transferable.  It IS Cash

Edited by Col_Nasty
  • Cool 1

Members
1,123 posts
4,690 battles

WoWP has never really been that big.  WoT is still huge in russia and based on the number of players is probably their cash cow even if the NA server spends more per person.  Even though the NA server is declining in population the RU server is chugging along just fine.

WoWS numbers are at the seasonal average for players logging in but about 20% down on people in random the last time I saw those stats.  No one knows how much revenue they generate but in this case the NA server is probably more influential with how much is spent compared to the other servers.  We'll know if there is a problem in a few months when the seasonal increase in population should happen.

Members
110 posts
15 minutes ago, Botcha said:

Image result for poor thing gif

• Funny 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLF6]
Members
776 posts
5,852 battles
9 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Tried and quit Tanks......

Kinda got into Aircraft as it is really my forte and did really well....until the pay for totally unrealistic comic book planes get you at level 6 or so and then it had ZERO to do with actual skillz.  Quit that.

Came here......  Doing ok.

SUCKS that I had to leave all my Gold back there.  Same company so it should be transferable.  It IS Cash

Used the gold from tanks and warplanes to buy premium time...  it won’t be warship time but it’s good for 50% credits and XP when your warships time runs out.

• Cool 1

[PN]
Members
513 posts
4,884 battles

inb4lock.

Warplanes wasn't that great of a game. World of Tanks is doing okay and so is Warships. Everyone makes mistakes. Not everything comes out the way that one plans it.

Keep in mind, WG is a billion dollar company. They aren't going anywhere for a very long time.

Alpha Tester
6,683 posts
3,338 battles
36 minutes ago, Botcha said:

[KILL]
Members
1,208 posts
13,680 battles

I played Fighter Ace, a WW2 aerial combat game for the better part of 10 years.   I played WoWP's beta for about 4 days.    I think there is a market for that kind of game, you just need to have good mechanics and game model.    Maybe if i took the time to send them some feedback maybe they would have changed things for the better.   But that would have required a complete overhaul of the game concept so i doubt it,   Plus,  based on how they treat feedback around here, it probably would have been censored, locked, deleted and thrown in a furnace.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,240 posts
4,459 battles

Was WOWP ever alive to begin with? They rebooted it a while back, and now it's not as much of a joke as it was.

WOT I dunno, don't play. But I don't think they're in any danger of going under. Stabilizing, maybe, but they're still going to be around for a while.

WOWS is having a rough time with the CV rework, but it's not, contrary to popular belief, causing everyone to quit. Give it a few months to settle in, then we'll see where we are.

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
1,249 posts
4,804 battles

SWTOR has been dead since launch but EA still keeps it around. Must be because it doesn't make them any money... oh wait...

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,635 posts
15,081 battles
33 minutes ago, ruar said:

WoWP has never really been that big.  WoT is still huge in russia and based on the number of players is probably their cash cow even if the NA server spends more per person.  Even though the NA server is declining in population the RU server is chugging along just fine.

WoWS numbers are at the seasonal average for players logging in but about 20% down on people in random the last time I saw those stats.  No one knows how much revenue they generate but in this case the NA server is probably more influential with how much is spent compared to the other servers.  We'll know if there is a problem in a few months when the seasonal increase in population should happen.

Very true about WoWP but it could have done a lot better but Persha completely mishandled it. WoWP is a poster child for how to take a good game and ruin it.

4 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Was WOWP ever alive to begin with? They rebooted it a while back, and now it's not as much of a joke as it was.

WOT I dunno, don't play. But I don't think they're in any danger of going under. Stabilizing, maybe, but they're still going to be around for a while.

WOWS is having a rough time with the CV rework, but it's not, contrary to popular belief, causing everyone to quit. Give it a few months to settle in, then we'll see where we are.

It was a much better historically based arcade flyer than [edited]'s arcade mode and they never capitalized on that.

1 minute ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

SWTOR has been dead since launch but EA still keeps it around. Must be because it doesn't make them any money... oh wait...

I think SWTOR made its initial investment back so as long as enough play that they can make a profit they will keep it going.

Members
1,697 posts
8,726 battles
52 minutes ago, Koogus said:

0XKOKyS.jpg

If you want more people to agree with you go to the subreddit. They over react about everything there

I'm glad I can use this again.

Old news one off 1.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[TDRB]
Members
5,788 posts
13,797 battles

Is World of Warships a zombie, one of the living dead?

I would wager most "WG ignores the player base" accusation are triggered by WG not altering the game according to that person or group's views.

I don't always agree with WG decisions, in fact some leave me scratching my head, but they do know which side of the bread the butter is on.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles

don't EVEN compare wows with wot.

while wows is not in a good state because of the CV rework,we are in a MUCH BETTER place than world of tanks.

-gold ammo

-you can't fight effectively higher tiered tanks

-creidt income sucks unless you go wot prem and  use boosters

-the grind in world of tanks is much worse

-arty rework is at the second phase and still not enough

and many other things.

Edited by Cruxdei
  • Cool 2

[GOB]
Members
3,749 posts
1 hour ago, wtfovr said:

Used the gold from tanks and warplanes to buy premium time...  it won’t be warship time but it’s good for 50% credits and XP when your warships time runs out.

Thnx...going to do that now

[CVLOV]
Beta Testers
3,640 posts
2,638 battles
2 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

They can always do one more cash grab for the Kitakami

You'd better believe I'd be in line for that one.

I would actually give them money for that parting gift.
Ive been wanting this boat ever since CBT closed.

[-BMV-]
Members
623 posts
23,724 battles

The first sign of a game dying is when said game merges servers into a single one to boost the low population. This hasn't happened here...... yet.

When WG decides to merge all servers into one, then we can declare the game is probably dying. As of now, the population is good, the content keeps coming, the devs still give support to it. Games like Armored Warfare, those games are dying. But, WOWS, WOT or even WoWp are not even close (although Warplanes should had died a long time ago given the low population there).

[SIM]
Members
6,266 posts
10,284 battles

World of Tanks and World of Warships aren't even close to dead. Stop flinging your crappy diaper around.

• Cool 1

[D-DAY]
Members
7,350 posts

It will end when it ends - everything does.

If you don't like it then it will not matter to you when it dies.

If you do like it, you will enjoy until it's finished. Simple.