Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Carbapenem_17

USS Benham release

37 comments in this topic

[LHG]
[LHG]
Members
135 posts
10,545 battles

It seems like it will be available for Fuel tokens by the description in the PT server.

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
4 minutes ago, Carbapenem_17 said:

It seems like it will be available for Fuel tokens by the description in the PT server.

Close, not quite. My guess would be USS Hill. Tier range (5) falls much better with current premium ships released through events. Tier 9 is a bit too high.

Members
1,697 posts
8,726 battles
10 minutes ago, Carbapenem_17 said:

If the leaks (and now official statement) are right it will.

1.thumb.png.22da38bee8a9ee54b313dc99f8d17f7d.png

Edited by Wows_Nightly_News

[LHG]
[LHG]
Members
135 posts
10,545 battles

Well it saids so on the description of Savage battles, so unless they change their minds

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
14 minutes ago, Carbapenem_17 said:

Well it saids so on the description of Savage battles, so unless they change their minds

17 minutes ago, Wows_Nightly_News said:

OK, didn't even get the chance to do a single Savage battle. Thanks for the info!

• Cool 1

[LHG]
[LHG]
Members
135 posts
10,545 battles
1 hour ago, Wows_Nightly_News said:

1.thumb.png.22da38bee8a9ee54b313dc99f8d17f7d.png

lol just the right meme.

Also needed a US dd captain trainer. Maybe not the right kind but still free..ish. Unless they make it like the Cossack and make us buy it for a buck.

:fish_haloween:

[--K--]
Members
1,351 posts
11,212 battles
5 hours ago, Carbapenem_17 said:

Reference for anyone interested

Inkedshot-19_06.07_14_00.25-0108_LI.thumb.jpg.52ad57c1e1247fd260c0934677d2e504.jpg

😐 how long will that grind be?

[ARGSY]
Members
21,515 posts
15,585 battles

How long is this event going to go on for? That's the big question, because I really can't see them giving away a T9 destroyer in a single-patch event.

Keep in mind that for the Prinz Eitel Friedrich event, we were given the Shinonome to play with on the PTS. I wouldn't put it past them to swap the Benham out for the Hill when things went live.

Even if you ended up having to pay a dollar for it a la Cossack, that's still mind-numbingly cheap for a T9 premium.

[R-F]
Members
1,787 posts
10,858 battles

Call me cynical but I don't see them handing out a tier 9 premium with anything short of a massive grind of some sort or another.

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

How long is this event going to go on for? That's the big question, because I really can't see them giving away a T9 destroyer in a single-patch event.

Keep in mind that for the Prinz Eitel Friedrich event, we were given the Shinonome to play with on the PTS. I wouldn't put it past them to swap the Benham out for the Hill when things went live.

Even if you ended up having to pay a dollar for it a la Cossack, that's still mind-numbingly cheap for a T9 premium.

There will be a gnarling of teeth though as this event seems isolated to PvP in the special event mode, so random and/or CoOp only players will be excluded without making leap.

[ARGSY]
Members
21,515 posts
15,585 battles
59 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

There will be a gnarling of teeth though as this event seems isolated to PvP in the special event mode, so random and/or CoOp only players will be excluded without making leap.

We'll see whether this carries through to the live server.

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
58 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

We'll see whether this carries through to the live server.

Using the Space Battle's and Halloween Events as a guide, it would suggest that it'd be the case of isolated to their specific mode. It also would make SENSE as giving away a T9 for 'free' is no small joke, and I assume Wargaming is going to be using the data from the event (less so, I would think, the 4 v 4 teams and moreso the Battle-Royal style shrinking battlefield, which they have toyed with before and I sort of agree would help here, if not realism breaking, likely helps gameplay (also puts a *hard* limit on game-time that Wargaming oh so cares about)) and that being the case, they want *large* volumes of players playing A LOT in the mode, so that makes it grindy as hell which fits getting a 'free' T9.

[KWF]
Members
4,880 posts
6,587 battles
3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

My guess if Benham ends up being the actual prize, the whole of Summer.

Would be a good way for WG to attract people in a season where often people are outside.

Edited by warheart1992

[RCNW3]
Members
1,942 posts
19,981 battles

Or, almost no way of grinding enough fuel tokens, and you have to invest in whatever loot boxes to really get it.  

[ARGSY]
Members
21,515 posts
15,585 battles
2 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

My guess if Benham ends up being the actual prize, the whole of Summer.

OMG.

We had a month of special ships with 19 pointers in April, at least another one in the next patch... can you imagine if that one month blows out to three and then we have another extended Halloween season? That's seven out of twelve months that people could be grinding ECXP. Alternatively, maybe this event is our Season of Monsters and Halloween will be short - one week for each of Transylvania, Sunray, Subs and whatever new thing they dream up this year. No absolute need for Boatnite this year, because Rogue Wave is going to be the contracting-battlefield event.

A directive-based grind for a T9 ship is going to be harsh, but frankly I'm done. I've got premiums at Tier 2 (Smith, both Tachis, Mikasa), 3 (Dreadnought, Charleston, Campbeltown, Varyag), 4 (Yubari, Ishizuchi), 5 (Texas, Murmansk), 6 (Warspite, Gallant, Anshan, Graf Spee), 7 (Indy, Scharnhorst), 8 (Cossack), 9 (Musashi, with either JB or Georgia pending) and 10 (Salem). And that's not even an exhaustive list.

So I have quite enough premiums at all tiers and for all tech tree nations to suit my purposes. I'm going to play to other goals, namely selected ship grinds and captain XP. If I get her, I get her. If not, I'll have a look at what the subsidiary prizes are and maybe snap up some of those along the way.

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
12 minutes ago, Panzer1113 said:

Or, almost no way of grinding enough fuel tokens, and you have to invest in whatever loot boxes to really get it.  

I would see this being a likely situation as well.

[ARGSY]
Members
21,515 posts
15,585 battles
29 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

I would see this being a likely situation as well.

Consider what they did for Cossack. Yes, you had to buy the last two tokens (Guineas in that case), but they were for sale with no RNG element and it was one US dollar to get her, which was stupidly cheap considering what the ship sold for in the premium shop. I reckon we'll get something similar here.

[CYNIC]
Members
2,765 posts
6,929 battles

I think it's the reward for the  equivalent  of the fly strike win in this event.  It says it gives the "gearing", which clearly makes no sense....

image.png

[_SMS_]
Members
936 posts
4,341 battles

It's either going to be the mother of all grinds with some sort of money grab supplement or it will be WGs way of boosting high tier DDs back into the population by making what looks to be a pretty good ship fairly easy to get a hold of.  We will just have to wait and see.

[KWF]
Members
4,880 posts
6,587 battles
56 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

OMG.

We had a month of special ships with 19 pointers in April, at least another one in the next patch... can you imagine if that one month blows out to three and then we have another extended Halloween season? That's seven out of twelve months that people could be grinding ECXP. Alternatively, maybe this event is our Season of Monsters and Halloween will be short - one week for each of Transylvania, Sunray, Subs and whatever new thing they dream up this year. No absolute need for Boatnite this year, because Rogue Wave is going to be the contracting-battlefield event.

A directive-based grind for a T9 ship is going to be harsh, but frankly I'm done. I've got premiums at Tier 2 (Smith, both Tachis, Mikasa), 3 (Dreadnought, Charleston, Campbeltown, Varyag), 4 (Yubari, Ishizuchi), 5 (Texas, Murmansk), 6 (Warspite, Gallant, Anshan, Graf Spee), 7 (Indy, Scharnhorst), 8 (Cossack), 9 (Musashi, with either JB or Georgia pending) and 10 (Salem). And that's not even an exhaustive list.

So I have quite enough premiums at all tiers and for all tech tree nations to suit my purposes. I'm going to play to other goals, namely selected ship grinds and captain XP. If I get her, I get her. If not, I'll have a look at what the subsidiary prizes are and maybe snap up some of those along the way.

In most regards am also done, don't think I can bear one more tedious 3 month grind period, especially during summer. 

Personally if this ends up being a huge grind I would like to see the ship being offered with other currencies as well. Many people simply lack the time for these events.

• Cool 1

-Members-
1,259 posts
508 battles

As always please wait for the final release notes, while things from PT are likely to go forward as they appear we do make a number of adjustments during testing including rewards, cost, balance, etc...

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[_RNG_]
Members
787 posts
8,550 battles
54 minutes ago, T_O_dubl_D said:

It's either going to be the mother of all grinds with some sort of money grab supplement or it will be WGs way of boosting high tier DDs back into the population by making what looks to be a pretty good ship fairly easy to get a hold of.  We will just have to wait and see.

From what I've seen Benham is exactly my kind of ship: a torpedo USN DD. So sign me up to spend all summer grinding for it. I will gladly do my part to boost the high tier DD population.

But if it's too hard to get considering I (and most other people) will simply be away from a computer for portions of the summer, then I am going to be really angry.

I did everything I could to get Gallant and Cossack (and I didn't at all mind paying a dollar for Cossack). I've been waiting since then for other Destroyers, whether Coal or Free XP or what-have-you. Prinz Eitel Friedrich, Exeter, Lazo and Murmansk didn't interest me. I am excited about Benham. So if it's simply unobtainable, I'm going to be pretty ticked off.

I'm even skipping the Murmansk for Provision Tokens because I'd rather have a unique commander I can put in my Russian DDs. So I can handle a grind like that, but if the Benham is a harder grind than Admiral Nikolay Kuznetsov then that is just too much.

[ARGSY]
Members
21,515 posts
15,585 battles
25 minutes ago, Jester_of_War said:

I'm even skipping the Murmansk for Provision Tokens because I'd rather have a unique commander I can put in my Russian DDs.

He's coming for coal later, if you're willing to wait.

[_SMS_]
Members
936 posts
4,341 battles
35 minutes ago, Jester_of_War said:

I am excited about Benham. So if it's simply unobtainable, I'm going to be pretty ticked off.

I am with you.  Very few ships have excited me recently and if the grind is so much that it seems like punishment rather than enjoyment I wont be happy.  Based on recent events i suspect that will be the case unfortunately though.  

Sign in to follow this