You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Chief_SeaDog

CV gone the planes should go also

33 comments in this topic

[SOCOM]
Members
657 posts
23,206 battles

I have had 2 battles where I actually sank the CV. in the old sys the planes could not do anything without the mothership. But after I sank the CV the planes came in and attacked me and took me out and we lost the games.  I think this is just another reason people are on the anti CV  bandwagon. How many games do you see win or lose that the CVs are usually alive and well. Limit the planes and if by some chance you sink the CV all the planes go down with it

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 4

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,295 posts
22,175 battles

Stop chasing CVs and focus game objectives?

:cap_popcorn:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 1

[Y0L0]
Members
248 posts
22,117 battles
23 minutes ago, Warped_1 said:

hard enough killing a cv with a dd now, i happened upon one in a cap, killed him then smoked up, he hovered his squadron above me for over a minute till i came out then killed me a minute and a half after he was dead.   don't kill him he kills you,  kill him and he still kills you doesn't seem equitable. 

• Cool 1

[SOCOM]
Members
657 posts
23,206 battles
1 minute ago, Beauregard23 said:

hard enough killing a cv with a dd now, i happened upon one in a cap, killed him then smoked up, he hovered his squadron above me for over a minute till i came out then killed me a minute and a half after he was dead.   don't kill him he kills you,  kill him and he still kills you doesn't seem equitable. 

This is my point exactly. I cant shoot when my ship is sunk then they should have the same treatment

• Meh 1

[RLGN]
Members
14,931 posts
26,442 battles
50 minutes ago, Chief_SeaDog said:

I have had 2 battles where I actually sank the CV. in the old sys the planes could not do anything without the mothership.

Not entirely true.

If a carrier committed to an attack before being sunk, the squad or squads would still go out and make an automatic drop, (I’ve sunk targets by doing so,) then the planes would hover in place for about as long as they can stay up now, unless shot down before that, (free fighter or AA kills. I’ve seen ships park under hovering squads to collect the kills.)

• Cool 2

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,009 battles
1 hour ago, Warped_1 said:

Isn't the game objective to sink all the enemy ships? So isn't OP following the objective?

• Cool 3

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,179 posts
14,749 battles
1 hour ago, Chief_SeaDog said:

I have had 2 battles where I actually sank the CV. in the old sys the planes could not do anything without the mothership. But after I sank the CV the planes came in and attacked me and took me out and we lost the games.  I think this is just another reason people are on the anti CV  bandwagon. How many games do you see win or lose that the CVs are usually alive and well. Limit the planes and if by some chance you sink the CV all the planes go down with it

Actually in the RTS days if the CV player had given the planes an auto drop target they planes continued on with their mission. It sounds like you put yourself far out of position to attack the CV while your team needed help elsewhere.

13 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Isn't the game objective to sink all the enemy ships? So isn't OP following the objective?

No, the objective is to win. Going after the CV when your team has a good ship and cap lead is fine but not before.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,009 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

No, the objective is to win.

Killing all the enemy ships gives you the win, does it not?

1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

Going after the CV when your team has a good ship and cap lead is fine but not before.

I don't remember OP being that specific about what else was happening in the match other than he had sunk the CV, did you see something that I missed? 

• Meh 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,179 posts
14,749 battles
Just now, Umikami said:

Killing all the enemy ships gives you the win, does it not?

I don't remember OP being that specific about what else was happening in the match other than he had sunk the CV, did you see something that I missed? 

Yes it does but in the OP's case they didn't kill all the enemy ships and from what else he said it sounds like he took off after the CV before the game was in hand taking a ship out of the battle. There is a time an place to go after the enemy CV's and it doesn't sound like the OP picked the right time.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,009 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

in the OP's case they didn't kill all the enemy ships

Where does it say how many ships were left, on either team, other than both he and the CV died?

3 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

and from what else he said it sounds like

would that be an assumption on your part, or again, did I miss something?

4 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

There is a time an place to go after the enemy CV's and it doesn't sound like the OP picked the right time.

And yet he was successful, because what navy anywhere wouldn't trade a DD for a CV?

• Meh 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,179 posts
14,749 battles
1 minute ago, Umikami said:

Where does it say how many ships were left, on either team, other than both he and the CV died?

would that be an assumption on your part, or again, did I miss something?

And yet he was successful, because what navy anywhere wouldn't trade a DD for a CV?

Some times you have to read between the lines. The OP's complaint is that he sunk the CV and that the CV's planes sunk him and the enemy team won in turn which implies that he did just what I said.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,009 battles

Some times you have to read between the lines.

Where I come from they call that putting words in someone's mouth.

The OP's complaint is that he sunk the CV and that the CV's planes sunk him and the enemy team won in turn which implies that he did just what I said.

No, it says that:

3 hours ago, Chief_SeaDog said:

I have had 2 battles where I actually sank the CV. in the old sys the planes could not do anything without the mothership. But after I sank the CV

1). He sunk the red CV and: 

after I sank the CV the planes came in and attacked me and took me out

2). The red CV sunk him and: 

and we lost the games.  I think this is just another reason people are on the anti CV  bandwagon. How many games do you see win or lose that the CVs are usually alive and well. Limit the planes and if by some chance you sink the CV all the planes go down with it

3). His team lost. Everything else is stuff you put in out of your own imagination. I understand that you want to convince the entire playing world not to attack or even attempt to damage the CV, but OPs post says NONE of the stuff you're throwing up there and you reading between the lines is another way of saying "Look what I just made up."

• Meh 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,179 posts
14,749 battles
1 minute ago, Umikami said:

Where I come from they call that putting words in someone's mouth.

No, it says that:

1). He sunk the red CV and: 

2). The red CV sunk him and: 

3). His team lost. Everything else is stuff you put in out of your own imagination. I understand that you want to convince the entire playing world not to attack or even attempt to damage the CV, but OPs post says NONE of the stuff you're throwing up there and you reading between the lines is another way of saying "Look what I just made up."

Whether I am putting words in his mouth what I said fits but what the OP is really saying is the CV got a Flesh Wound achievement and that is why we lost. The RTS CV's could strike from the dead by giving their planes a auto drop target before they were sunk and since the new CV's have no auto attack they instead have a few minutes to attack before their planes disappear.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,009 battles
49 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

what I said fits

not really, and certainly not for everyone.

49 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

what the OP is really saying is the CV got a Flesh Wound achievement and that is why we lost.

WE lost? Really?

50 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The RTS CV's could strike from the dead by giving their planes a auto drop target before they were sunk and since the new CV's have no auto attack they instead have a few minutes to attack before their planes disappear.

And …. what does this have to do with you volunteering as interpreter for OP? I don't remember saying anything about whether or not his complaint was valid, just you spouting off about how it was wrong to try and sink CVs.

• Meh 1

[SOV]
Members
4,689 posts
On 6/6/2019 at 10:29 PM, Warped_1 said:

Stop saying things that make sents. Its hurting the haters feelings.

More games are lost than one. How many fimes have you seen a ship or group of ship focus on the CV and never even shoot at things with guns. So true 

[SOCOM]
Members
657 posts
23,206 battles
On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 11:16 PM, Estimated_Prophet said:

Not entirely true.

If a carrier committed to an attack before being sunk, the squad or squads would still go out and make an automatic drop, (I’ve sunk targets by doing so,) then the planes would hover in place for about as long as they can stay up now, unless shot down before that, (free fighter or AA kills. I’ve seen ships park under hovering squads to collect the kills.)

Ok but, you should not have any control over them. and when I see two attacks who was directing the air craft? No carrier no control of air planes

• Boring 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,712 posts
19,904 battles

If your DD dies, the shells that are in the air and your torpedoes in the water should go too.

[SOCOM]
Members
657 posts
23,206 battles
6 hours ago, Lert said:

If your DD dies, the shells that are in the air and your torpedoes in the water should go too.

torps on a route is one thing but who is doing the drop the UI or the CV player. If the UI takes over the plane fine but the player should not be doing a manual drop if his ship is gone this is what I am saying

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,712 posts
19,904 battles
1 minute ago, Chief_SeaDog said:

torps on a route is one thing but who is doing the drop the UI or the CV player. If the UI takes over the plane fine but the player should not be doing a manual drop if his ship is gone this is what I am saying

Planes are piloted. By pilots. That can make decisions and make their plane do things. Independent of the ship. Why should planes magically fall into the water just because the flat flaoting board they took off from has sunk? Give me one logical reason, beyond "I just don't like that he still sunk me".

[SOCOM]
Members
657 posts
23,206 battles

Yup that is what I am saying when your boat goes so does your game. Just getting to a CV is a task in its self, hiding in the back and being spotted long before you can reach it,  I would say that in 75 percent of the time (that is a mild estimate) when a team loses and is all gone the one ship still afloat is the CV. I have seen CV get out of sight at 15k now they are bit bigger than a BB but they seem to be able to hide easy. Now in the beginning Fighters could only hit other planes, Limited air squadrons, and ship went the squadrons were left flying around, but the reintroduction of the new CV has caused a lot of disgruntled players. Again the CV does little to protect the fleet from air attacks because it cannot deplete the enemy planes to keep the flies off.

• Cool 1

[NG-NS]
Members
561 posts

The majority of my clan has actually stopped playing the game entirely because of the way CVs are utterly wrecking the rest of the game for non-CV players. Many of them have more time, experience and ships under their belt then I do and one has a very high set of player states. So I am in the camp of CVs not fitting in this games meta at all. The RTS style at least replied more on the planes AI taking over once the CV ship was dead. However with how CVs work now, the player can actually continue to go after ships, even when the mothership has been sunk. As in they can keep attacking until either they run out of ammo or their planes get shot down. The old system was honestly better compared to the new one.

This image was from a T3 match. Tier 3, where I didn't even get out of the spawn area before a quarter of my health was taken from rocket planes.

unknown.thumb.png.6b4a85966c9196f0fc89a5b85f55b41c.png

We had three CVs per side in this game. It was a utter mess. I couldn't even live past 5 minutes because AA guns at this tier? Ya what are those? xD
How someone signed off on this and thought it was a good idea is beyond me honestly.

So ya, CVs are a mistake but WGing isn't going to remove them. Because that would mean issuing refunds for the Prem CVs and WGing never gives those. They had a hard enough time with doing so with the Graf Zeppelin and it took more then half of the community to get them to budge.

So while CVs being removed would really help with the health of the game (having them in has actually been more of a detriment to the game), WGing isn't going to budge on this. Sadly.

So this video is unlisted but when I saw it back when it was posted, it definitely never left my memories.

In short, WGing can't figure out what they want to do with their own game. They wanted to make CVs more played (the rework), but they haven't changed rules for some of the other parts of their game that hinder/harm CV players.

They are essentially trying to have their cake and eat it too. Which of course is biting them in the butt. Since CVs are harming player numbers and people are sick of them being in the game, but WGing can't fathom giving refunds out and removing them. Since that's a big No-no to them.

Or they could just make a mode only for CV players. That could also work. May not be fun but wouldn't be ruining the experience for the rest of us Ship-to-ship players.

Edited by Phasferous
  • Cool 1

[TOTO]
Members
6 posts
9,848 battles
On 6/6/2019 at 10:21 PM, Chief_SeaDog said:

THOUSE  ARE THE PLANES THAT LEFT WITHOUT THEIR SHIP TO LAND (the one u sunk) AND ONLY HAVE A LIMITED Period OF TIME BEFORE THEY RUN OUT OF FUEL AND CRASH.

So if u where sunk by one of this planes after the CV is sunk I have come to the conclusions that u r frustrated by this. In real life this happens