You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017

While we are at it... what tiers would be for IJN Haruna, Nachi and Tone?

27 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
20,021 posts
12,714 battles
1 minute ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

Eh?

Nachi is already in game.

PrLzUiQ.jpg

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
14,000 posts
5,814 battles
2 minutes ago, BladedPheonix said:

@kizarvexis

should we tell him that ton is in game files as well and is at tier 8?:cap_hmm:

Didn't WG take it out? And last time I checked years ago Tone was tier 7. has WG changed her tier for unknown reason too?

[PVE]
Members
20,021 posts
12,714 battles
4 minutes ago, BladedPheonix said:

@Kizarvexis

should we tell him that ton is in game files as well and is at tier 8?:cap_hmm:

I don't have any info on Tone, but sure, why not. :Smile_teethhappy:

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,862 posts
16,474 battles
1 minute ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Didn't WG take it out? And last time I checked years ago Tone was tier 7. has WG changed her tier for unknown reason too?

was it? maybe I'm mixing it up with the Kitaikami?:Smile_unsure:

[SALVO]
Members
25,464 posts
27,448 battles

The Tone's tier would be a bit challenging, and might depend on how WG implements her "hybridness".  If they were to give her plenty of Cat fighters and Spotter planes, there'd still be the fact that she'd only have eight 8" guns, rather than the ten that the Myoko, Mogami, and Atago classes mount.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles
10 minutes ago, Crucis said:

The Tone's tier would be a bit challenging, and might depend on how WG implements her "hybridness".  If they were to give her plenty of Cat fighters and Spotter planes, there'd still be the fact that she'd only have eight 8" guns, rather than the ten that the Myoko, Mogami, and Atago classes mount.

yeah my harekaze is unplayable with only 3 turrets,compared to akizuki 4 turrets. /s

Beta Testers
803 posts
4,912 battles

I remember the last Update they did with Tone before it was pulled was giving it the CV flight modules so she could switch to the RTS CV controls and launch either DBs or Torp bombers. I think it was only 1 or 2 squads but it made her Unique and i was really hoping shed make it to live but then the Chinese server sold her and WG pulled it and removed her from the files. with the reworked CV i hope they can bring her back and let her launch squads. it'd be a cool gimmick. and yes iI know she didn't have actual attack aircraft in real life but its a game, who cares.

[PVE]
Members
20,021 posts
12,714 battles
24 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

I get this weird feeling that someone hasn't been paying attention for the last few years.

To be fair, he did join after the ARP collaboration was over.

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,475 posts
24,798 battles

At one point Tone was in the wiki and listed as a Tier 8 premium (promo) ship.

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,237 posts
8,368 battles
17 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

At one point Tone was in the wiki and listed as a Tier 8 premium (promo) ship.

It was a Tier 7

[NFJF]
Members
693 posts
10,405 battles

I would say Tone could be a T8 with some sort of perk to compensate for her fewer guns as well as their placement on the ship. Honestly, IJN CAs are of little interest to me. I would actually like to see IJN Shinano in game, but NOT AS A CV!!!! Instead, I would like to see her as the 3rd Yamato class BB she was originally intended to be. In most terms, she would have the same playstyle and pros and cons as Yamato, but would have more potent AA as she would have 100mm dual purpose mounts in place of the 127mm mounts. Her belt armor would also only be a totally negligible 10mm thinner than Yamatos. She could be another t10 steel ship like the French one "not going to try to spell it." 

Members
1,289 posts
2,399 battles
2 hours ago, Carrier_Graf_Zeppelin said:

I remember the last Update they did with Tone before it was pulled was giving it the CV flight modules so she could switch to the RTS CV controls and launch either DBs or Torp bombers. I think it was only 1 or 2 squads but it made her Unique and i was really hoping shed make it to live but then the Chinese server sold her and WG pulled it and removed her from the files. with the reworked CV i hope they can bring her back and let her launch squads. it'd be a cool gimmick. and yes iI know she didn't have actual attack aircraft in real life but its a game, who cares.

If the chinese server sold her wouldn't there be some footage of her performing in battle?

[SYN]
Members
15,875 posts
12,803 battles

Tone should get the ability to call in unlimited 10 wing fighters with 1s cooldown.

Beta Testers
803 posts
4,912 battles
3 hours ago, Krupp_Sabot said:

If the chinese server sold her wouldn't there be some footage of her performing in battle?

WG basically forced them to refund it from everyone who bought it and then removed it. I dont know how long they even got it, besides it was never anything special. The version they sold was just the ship with 7 catapult fighters.

https://forum.worldofwarships.asia/topic/13727-ijn-tone-stats-and-basic-gamplay-review/

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,304 posts
6,266 battles
6 hours ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

I get this weird feeling that someone hasn't been paying attention for the last few years.

5 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

To be fair, he did join after the ARP collaboration was over.

And to be fair I had to do a double-take because of his name to make sure this wasn't a thread necro, so we have both too new AND too old as possibilities, combining together as one like a Voltron of oopsie daisies.

[THREE]
Members
2,151 posts
10,937 battles
7 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

I don't have any info on Tone, but sure, why not. :Smile_teethhappy:

I'm pretty sure it's for sale on the China servers.... as well as the kitakami. :Smile_trollface:

[PVE]
Members
20,021 posts
12,714 battles
1 hour ago, Landsraad said:

And to be fair I had to do a double-take because of his name to make sure this wasn't a thread necro, so we have both too new AND too old as possibilities, combining together as one like a Voltron of oopsie daisies.

:Smile_teethhappy:

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,766 battles

Tone could easily fit into the current meta by allowing it to keep a fighter squadron permanently aloft. I'd definitely pick it up were that the case.

[PVE]
Members
20,021 posts
12,714 battles
12 minutes ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

Tone could easily fit into the current meta by allowing it to keep a fighter squadron permanently aloft. I'd definitely pick it up were that the case.

Maybe give it the CV fighter consumable? That's 10 min active time with a 10 second cool down IIRC.