You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Pura__Vida

Smolensk or Colbert?

28 comments in this topic

Members
6,729 posts
21,137 battles

I think this game is headed in the right direction. We need more Tier X supercruisers….. 

Just played a game with both, no one knew what either can do..... is any one else tired of being tested on, by contributing their time, money or both so that wg can introduce new revenue ships that make ships you spent hundreds of hours to obtain obsolete?

[SRBL]
Members
502 posts
12,803 battles

I haven't gone up against the Colbert but I did run into a Smoly that I blapped with my highly balanced and not remotely OP Kron.

It felt apropos. 

• Funny 1

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator
3,155 posts
16,385 battles
9 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

no one knew what either can do

Want to div up with me and I show you .....

Members
6,729 posts
21,137 battles
1 minute ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

Want to div up with me and I show you .....

yes If I get to play them, watching someone else play them is as exciting as stubbing your toe.

• Funny 2

[SALVO]
Members
25,438 posts
27,395 battles
14 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

I think this game is headed in the right direction. We need more Tier X supercruisers….. 

Just played a game with both, no one knew what either can do..... is any one else tired of being tested on, by contributing their time, money or both so that wg can introduce new revenue ships that make ships you spent hundreds of hours to obtain obsolete?

It's called supertesting and it's been part of the game since day one.  And I'd hardly call the Smolensk and Colbert "super cruisers".  Far from it.  They're just very modern light cruisers, along the same lines as the Minotaur and Worcester.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator
3,155 posts
16,385 battles
4 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

yes If I get to play them

testing need to go through all ranges of game play, in the hand of noob (me) and other CC to see how ship are handle and their capacity. WG need lots of data

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,838 posts
11,635 battles
20 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

No I will say it doesn't really bother me at all I'm used to it and I barley ever see test ships out there while I'm playing any way but when I do I know enough to be wary of them .

Edited by clammboy

[WKY12]
Members
799 posts
12,900 battles
27 minutes ago, Arlensauce93 said:

No one knew what to do, did you guys try shooting them ?

Gold....

They do look good though but squishy, kind of like having an Omaha in TX that fires faster with more guns.

Members
284 posts
4,672 battles
53 minutes ago, T1mb3rWo1f said:

I personally cant wait to get one if its available in a ingame currency 

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,225 posts
8,347 battles
4 hours ago, Sweetsie said:

I fully agree.  They should just release the ships without testing them first.  

• Cool 1

Members
3,097 posts
12,298 battles

Does anyone know what currency these new cruisers will be selling for?

Members
6,729 posts
21,137 battles
6 hours ago, yashma said:

I fully agree.  They should just release the ships without testing them first.  

They do, it's called CVpalooza.

[-N-]
Members
2,227 posts
14,831 battles

Colbert is a French T10 Atlanta, the Smolensk is a Russian T10 Flint.  Both are using DD guns.  Colbert is using 127s and the Smolensk is using 130s.  Colbert gets speed boost, Smolensk gets smoke.  Both are glass cannons, they get caught out in the open and broadside they can just be deleted.

[ARGSY]
Members
21,599 posts
15,660 battles
12 hours ago, Sweetsie said:

is any one else tired of being tested on,

Nope. New content is how the game stays fresh for me. If some test ship is particularly obnoxious, I probably know all about it because I watch streams and YouTube vids and keep up with the latest. 

These are overgrown destroyers, and well-aimed RN cruiser salvoes should gut them in short order.

[JSG]
Members
14 posts
17,143 battles

I've seen them for awhile now.  I think they have ruined the game.  Far as I can tell Colbert isn't even available anymore.  But BBs and DDs are toast -- almost nobody playing DDs anymore.  As to BBs, take my legendary Kurfurst with secondary focus level 19 Captain and signal for increased secondary distance.  It is a brawler with primaries that have nasty dispersion.  It's the biggest target on the map and is spotted from damned near anywhere.  It used to be one could take it into a close brawl -- inflict a lot of damage, take a lot of damage, and then retreat to lick your wounds.  Now you can't even get close enough to bring anything into play with these fire scammers.  They burn you up while you're still out of effective range of your guns.  It's become a useless ship.  I have hopes for my level 19 Captained Hindenburg once I finish the legendary upgrade -- maybe it will be able to put the fires out fast enough to hit them.  Smolensk with the long duration smoke is a particular problem.

I've invested a ton of time and some money in this game, but I'm getting just about ready to quit it and throw all that time and money away.

[O_O]
Members
6,761 posts
16,163 battles
2 hours ago, Frog_Stomper said:

I've seen them for awhile now.  I think they have ruined the game.  Far as I can tell Colbert isn't even available anymore.  But BBs and DDs are toast -- almost nobody playing DDs anymore.

This thread was started back in June.  Colbert is still available through the Research Bureau by resetting tech tree lines.  The players who were willing to dump all their resources to get her immediately have done so, while the players who chose to grind through more traditionally are still earning the required Research points to earn her.  There will be more Colberts coming into the game (although they will still be uncommon).

No one playing DD's, anymore?  What time of day are you playing?  I am seeing plenty of DD's at T9-10 during the day and early evening.

I've invested a ton of time and some money in this game, but I'm getting just about ready to quit it and throw all that time and money away.

Because of two ships?  One of which is still, and will probably remain, uncommon?

Edited by desmo_2

Members
1,624 posts
On 6/7/2019 at 6:35 AM, vikingno2 said:

Colbert is just a super HE spammer, like we need more of those

yes we do, more Cold War Era CL please...

Members
1,624 posts

too bad...

[INTEL]
Members
3,283 posts
17,921 battles
On 6/7/2019 at 6:36 AM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Nope. New content is how the game stays fresh for me. If some test ship is particularly obnoxious, I probably know all about it because I watch streams and YouTube vids and keep up with the latest. 

These are overgrown destroyers, and well-aimed RN cruiser salvoes should gut them in short order.

This forum would die if they stopped releasing new OP ships.

[BFBTW]
Members
4,181 posts
9,572 battles
17 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

This forum would die if they stopped releasing new OP ships.

Nah we'd go back to the regularly scheduled programming of bashing CVs, complaining about destroyers torps being OP, and lamenting HE spam.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
3,097 posts
12,298 battles
4 hours ago, Frog_Stomper said:

As to BBs, take my legendary Kurfurst with secondary focus level 19 Captain and signal for increased secondary distance.  It is a brawler with primaries that have nasty dispersion.  It's the biggest target on the map and is spotted from damned near anywhere.  It used to be one could take it into a close brawl -- inflict a lot of damage, take a lot of damage, and then retreat to lick your wounds.

Secondary GK was always burned to a crisp, it’s a very situational ship.  Why blame new ships when good old Zao and Khaba could turn your brawling BB into blackened husk in short order.

• Cool 1

[BS]
Members
1,987 posts
11,109 battles

Imagine how many Smolensk's there will be after Christmas, jesus god. There's gunna be 4 per T10 team for months.

[JSG]
Members
14 posts
17,143 battles
4 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

This thread was started back in June.  Colbert is still available through the Research Bureau by resetting tech tree lines.  The players who were willing to dump all their resources to get her immediately have done so, while the players who chose to grind through more traditionally are still earning the required Research points to earn her.  There will be more Colberts coming into the game (although they will still be uncommon).

No one playing DD's, anymore?  What time of day are you playing?  I am seeing plenty of DD's at T9-10 during the day and early evening.

Because of two ships?  One of which is still, and will probably remain, uncommon?

Last night I played about 10 tier 10 games.  At least half of them had no DDs.  Several had one DD.  Admittedly this is anecdotal, but I'd bet dollars to dog doo that the number of DDs has declined in the last couple of weeks since Smolensk started showing up in virtually every match (sometimes two per side).  That said, one of those matches had 4 DDs per side (and no Smolensk), so maybe the changes they made to the MM are grouping them into games together.  Oh, and I'm  re-discovering that tier VII was a fun level to play.  I'm pretty old (73), maybe my reaction times are dictating that's where I should confine my play.