You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
USS_Taylor_Swift

WG your game DCs all the time now

36 comments in this topic

Members
1,597 posts
1,286 battles

Ever since the last update, I get frequent disconnects and they always happen mid match. Your game just DCed me broadside to the reds in a ranked matched. I was full HP when I got booted and game back in just in time to watch myself take the final salvo that ended me.

Edited by Shinsengumi918
modified offensive title
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[WOLF1]
Members
5,788 posts

Must be your POS computer, or POS internet.  I'm not having this issue.  Sucks to be you, I guess.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,100 posts
14,721 battles
8 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

Must be your POS computer, or POS internet.  I'm not having this issue.  Sucks to be you, I guess.

First I heard of this. Do all the normal things, reboot your modem and router, remove any mods you are running, start a ticket, etc.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,782 posts
16,894 battles

I blame my local ISP. I will spare them the POS badge, but I do blame the for lag, disconnects, poor television reception, hot humid weather, weeds in my yard, people cutting me off in traffic, coffee filter folding over while making a pot of coffee filling my morning nectar with coffee grounds, that rock I find with the lawn mower, drive throughs not getting my order correct I discover after I drive off, ect, ect, ect

• Funny 1

[SALVO]
Members
25,426 posts
27,347 battles

Guys, the acronym for "piece of (you know what)" is a violation of the forum rule against masked obscenities.  I suggest removing it from these posts.

• Boring 2

[WOLF1]
Members
5,788 posts
4 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Guys, the acronym for "piece of (you know what)" is a violation of the forum rule against masked obscenities.  I suggest removing it from these posts.

Point of Sale?

[WOLF3]
Members
28,130 posts
24,479 battles

I'm not having connection issues and I've been on for about 2 hours now.  I'm playing from San Diego, CA.

It's probably from your end, or area OP.

There's two people I've been divisioned with that have wildly different connection quality.

One guy plays from Kentucky and his connection is sh*tty.  Constant disconnects, loads late, etc.

The other guy is in VIETNAM.  He has a kick*ss connection, fast, loads quickly, disconnects are rare.  This dude is playing all the f--king way from VIETNAM and instead of playing Asia Server, he plays here in NA Server, and has a vastly superior network access than the guy trying to play WoWS NA Server in Kentucky, USA.

ISPs in the United States are sh*tty and try to provide as little of their sh*tty service as possible.  Capitalism, YAY!  Meanwhile our Vietnamese friend playing from Communist Vietnam has a vastly superior internet access than us Capitalist US citizens.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WOLF1]
Members
5,788 posts
2 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

ISPs in the United States are sh*tty and try to provide as little of their sh*tty service as possible.  Capitalism, YAY!  Meanwhile our Vietnamese friend playing from Communist Vietnam has a vastly superior internet access than us Capitalist US citizens.

And even the same ISP doesn't have the same results across the country.  Where I am, ATT has tons of fiber, and has reliable connections.  Go to another city in the same state, and you don't want to touch ATT with a 10 foot pole...

[YIKES]
Members
1,733 posts
13,696 battles
27 minutes ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

Ever since the last update, I get frequent disconnects and they always happen mid match. Your game just DCed me broadside to the reds in a ranked matched. I was full HP when I got booted and game back in just in time to watch myself take the final salvo that ended me.

Sucks to be poor :Smile_popcorn:

[DPG]
Members
2,030 posts
10,681 battles
1 minute ago, JustAdapt said:

Sucks to be poor :Smile_popcorn:

If they are disconnecting all the time, as opposed to crashing to desktop, then it's the fault of their ISP.  Even if they're rich and have a 10 bajillion a month service plan, if the service sucks then you're going to have issues.  If they live in the US then it's probably very likely that they have one or two, at the most, providers in their area.  They probably already called their ISP and were told that it has to be either the game or Microsoft.

Members
1,597 posts
1,286 battles
33 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

No other game I play has this problem and I don't have any interruptions using the internet. Just this game.

[WOLF3]
Members
28,130 posts
24,479 battles
5 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

If they are disconnecting all the time, as opposed to crashing to desktop, then it's the fault of their ISP.  Even if they're rich and have a 10 bajillion a month service plan, if the service sucks then you're going to have issues.  If they live in the US then it's probably very likely that they have one or two, at the most, providers in their area.  They probably already called their ISP and were told that it has to be either the game or Microsoft.

When I visit my family in Northern California (Vallejo), the sh*tty Xfinity is aggravating.  Constant downtime, disconnects, etc.  Even in the middle of the f--king night when everyone is asleep.  You can't trust what the ISP says.  You have to go to some 3rd party site to see people talking about down times and all kinds of connection issues in your area or not.

Meanwhile where I reside in San Diego, Southern California, Spectrum isn't as fast but the connection is rock solid f--king reliable at any time of the day.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WOLF1]
Members
5,788 posts
1 minute ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

No other game I play has this problem and I don't have any interruptions using the internet. Just this game.

Then it's some leg of the path between you and WG that's having a problem.  If it was WG themselves, other people would be having these issues.

Still not WG's problem, really.  Just the Internet.

• Cool 1

[EQRN]
Members
2,115 posts
18,547 battles

I got a disconnect mid-battle last night for the first time in... years?  Happened just as I started smoking up in a Kutuzov in a cap, and the last thing I see before I realize the game isn’t responding to my inputs is an Alaska at 9.1km boring down on me :cap_wander:  I’m alive for about 30 seconds after re-connecting.  We did win, I was even 2nd highest on the team, knocking out that Crysantos mission, even.

[YORHA]
Members
5,129 posts
10,306 battles
45 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

Point of Sale?

Peck of Salt?

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,687 posts
19,824 battles
47 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The other guy is in VIETNAM.  He has a kick*ss connection, fast, loads quickly, disconnects are rare.  This dude is playing all the f--king way from VIETNAM and instead of playing Asia Server, he plays here in NA Server, and has a vastly superior network access than the guy trying to play WoWS NA Server in Kentucky, USA.

I play from the Netherlands, using wireless. My connection is also 99% rock solid. And what rare disconnections I have are my own PC's fault, 90% of the time.

But, yeah. sure. Blame the game, OP.

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
1,226 posts
4,464 battles
53 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Who cares?

31 minutes ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

Yeah WeeGee has definitely reduced the number of servers or downgraded the location of the servers because this game is awful compared to 2 years ago.

• Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
25,426 posts
27,347 battles
2 minutes ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

Who cares?

Rules exist for a reason.  Obey them or suffer the consequences.

• Boring 1

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
1,226 posts
4,464 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

Rules exist for a reason.  Obey them or suffer the consequences.

Over bearing moderation of ones expression is not worth following. You get banned you just make an alt. Takes 5 seconds.

[SALVO]
Members
25,426 posts
27,347 battles
2 minutes ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

Over bearing moderation of ones expression is not worth following. You get banned you just make an alt. Takes 5 seconds.

Grow up and keep your potty mouth to yourself.

• Boring 2

[WOLF1]
Members
5,788 posts
40 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Meanwhile where I reside in San Diego, Southern California, Spectrum isn't as fast but the connection is rock solid f--king reliable at any time of the day.

Yeah, I don't have gig fiber, or anything, but my 45MBit is rock solid, normally 60 ms ping, and simply delivers what I pay for day in and day out.  It's a very rare event if it goes down.

Members
1,597 posts
1,286 battles
19 minutes ago, Lert said:

I play from the Netherlands, using wireless. My connection is also 99% rock solid. And what rare disconnections I have are my own PC's fault, 90% of the time.

But, yeah. sure. Blame the game, OP.

Well if I have no problems with any other game, why wouldn't I?

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,687 posts
19,824 battles
2 minutes ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

Well if I have no problems with any other game, why wouldn't I?

Critical thinking. If it was a problem with the game itself, there would be a lot more threads about it.