You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

Capping should reward for partials

13 comments in this topic

[GOB]
[GOB]
Members
2,369 posts

As far as I know ( and I don't know a LOT about this game)  You get nothing unless you are in the cap alive when it is capped.

Just left a Random where I was in my Atlanta supporting a DD and a BB.  We got into a hard one.  That DD did everything it could to stay in that cap , we did everything we could to get there as we covered him..did tons of damage. That DD was making moves I still need to learn.  He REFUSED to give up.  AT the LAST second as we got there they finally got him.  We had damaged and set fires on everyone attacking him but he didn't make it..  We got Cap Assists.

The DD got RIPPED OFF!

You should get SOME kind of XP for holding a cap...  If not no wonder people won't take risks.  Just sayin'

Col Out

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
25,438 posts
27,395 battles

Actually, the DD would have been better off if he hadn't gotten on the cap, so that he and you guys could get credit for defense ribbons.  But while he was on the cap, that blocks you guys from earning defense ribbons.

Frankly, there's no point in jump onto your own cap just to block the other team from capping if you're already close enough to get constant resets.  OTOH, if you can clearly see (from an increasing cap counter) that there's an enemy DD on your cap that's unspotted, you may have to get onto the cap to block it from being taken and hopefully find said enemy DD to get resets on him.

• Meh 1

[SYN]
Members
8,256 posts
14,111 battles

Consisting caps does need a xp reward since it's often more important than actually taking the cap not sure how it would work though.

[EQRN]
Members
2,119 posts
18,581 battles

How about secondaries not resetting caps?  There should be some iota of player skill in resets.

• Boring 1

[WOLFC]
Members
3,067 posts

I have to disagree ... it might even encourage poor tactics. 

If I can delay a cap to deny points to the Reds I've done part of my job as a DD.  Staying alive is also a big part of my job.  Lingering in a cap beyond the time it is prudent is not a good tactic, just to try for more points.  And I know, DDs don't always get rewarded for what they do. 

My 2 pennies of opinion ... need change? :Smile_coin:

[GOB]
[GOB]
Members
2,369 posts
15 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Consisting caps does need a xp reward since it's often more important than actually taking the cap not sure how it would work though.

Maybe a Few XP points for every 15 seconds?  Would be easy to add.  Not meant to be an incentive but at least you don't die for nothing.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,233 posts
23,599 battles

In World of Tanks you get points for capping even if you do not get the cap (ie last enemy tank killed before cap etc) and I really like that. Any time there is a way to farm some more xp I am good with it and it does not seem to hurt the Tanks game. I say do it! 

[PVE]
Members
19,989 posts
12,695 battles
2 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

As far as I know ( and I don't know a LOT about this game)  You get nothing unless you are in the cap alive when it is capped.

Just left a Random where I was in my Atlanta supporting a DD and a BB.  We got into a hard one.  That DD did everything it could to stay in that cap , we did everything we could to get there as we covered him..did tons of damage. That DD was making moves I still need to learn.  He REFUSED to give up.  AT the LAST second as we got there they finally got him.  We had damaged and set fires on everyone attacking him but he didn't make it..  We got Cap Assists.

The DD got RIPPED OFF!

You should get SOME kind of XP for holding a cap...  If not no wonder people won't take risks.  Just sayin'

Col Out

1 hour ago, Dr_Citadel said:

Certificate of participation? Not a fan of almost awards.

34 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Capture points. You get them for capturing caps.

Defense points. You get them for resetting ships trying to capture a cap.

2AWc5OD.jpg

The person with the most cap points for a particular cap gets the capping ribbon. Everyone else gets the assisted cap ribbon. You get XP and credits based on the % of the cap points for that cap.

Now, when you land hits on someone, that resets the cap progress. I couldn't find anything in the wiki, but I strongly suspect it resets the cap points for the person hit as well. There seem to be a fixed number of them depending on the battle mode and numbers of caps. So while he held the cap for a long time, since he was taking damage I suspect that his capture points were reset as well. He was taking potential damage as well I'm sure and he gets credits and XP for that. What ever cap points he had amassed that were not wiped about by the resetting, he got credit for.

If y'all won, which I would guess you did, he gets the +50% for winning as based on your description, he was a contributing factor.

Members
1,660 posts
1 hour ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

The trouble there is, as some here have pointed you, you don't have to sit IN the cap to defend/contest the cap.  You can contest/defend it from outside the cap and, in fact, gain XP farming Defended Ribbons.

The only scenario I can think of at the moment(I am sure there are more, but I don't have much imagination) where it might be necessary to be in the cap is if the Red Fleet has already won the cap and you're trying to stop them accumulating points/capture the cap for your side.  If the Cap is already Green or unclaimed, you don't have to sit in the cap to defend/contest it.

[BS]
Members
1,987 posts
11,109 battles

I made a thread about this a year ago, i just looked at my post list... Not there, it got deleted, LOL. I was jilted because i tried capping for 10 MINUTES in a northcarlina, died and someone else got it. ridiculous.

maybe you could have damage dealt/recieved as a factor in the part cap process... that way it's not "abused" :Smile_smile:

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,306 posts

The only time I think partial cap points for an unfinished capture really stand out as an issue is when the battle ends while you're still in the process of capping. 

Anything else, you either left cap, got hit and reset, or something else happened.