Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Maine_ARC_1

Wargaming, Explain this Logic

14 comments in this topic

[LRM]
[LRM]
Members
2,958 posts
8,129 battles

image.thumb.png.5b819dd73b45a7bb3b687200ca0aac6b.png

This is a picture of the port of my testing account on the Public Test server, currently which is on a testbed version of game state 0.8.5

The ranked sprint on that server is tier 7 ranked sprint, with division gameplay. This is supposed to repeat for 2 'seasons' of ranked sprint. If you look at the announcement on this page, here is a little blurb in the spoiler due to copy-paste formatting.

Spoiler

Get ready for two new seasons of Ranked Battle Sprints, played in a 6 vs. 6 format with Tier VII ships. Season 5 battles will be played in Domination mode, and Season 6—in Epicenter mode.

As before, ten ranks are divided into two leagues: the Second League includes ranks 10–6 and the First League, ranks 5–1. Prepare your Tier VII ships and fight together with your friends in Divisions!

Link to original source:
https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/bulletin-085/

"6v6 format"; "Tier 7 ships"; "2 leagues for progress tiering"; "division with your friends".

Ok wargaming, riddle me this. The current ranked season is tier 10 with rentals, which are stated to make it more accessible to everyone. This "taste of the good life" has come at the expense of not only a lot of angered players trying to cope with people in rental tier 10's with no relevant experience to be playing them, but with carriers as well.

CV's aside, you have thrown people into ranked who don't belong there in the name of making it more accessible, when you VERY WELL KNOW that next month you are going to offer a WAY EASIER and WAY MORE ACCESSIBLE ranked season for people. Seriously where is your thought process? Why did you mess up normal ranked with the knowledge that later on you are going to offer something that those players can more easily play with minimal impact on the environment of play? To me, this was a horrible decision, but knowing what I know about patch 0.8.5, this is even worse of a decision than before. You totally messed something up with absolutely no reason to. Why would you do that? 

I kept telling myself that every rental on my teams in ranked I see mess up was fine. Kept telling myself "hey, WG is just trying to be nice to others and give them a chance". I tried watching the losing a star animation on a game where 2-3 rentals on my team played and all subsequently failed and said to myself "hey, it's ok, they just want to have fun, they normally don't get the chance". I try to improve at this game and every season I go into ranked hoping that I can do really well at it; and this season I had a damn good shot to actually make it and STAY in a single digit rank more so than any other past season, only to be sabotaged by rentals under the guise that they are there so others can participate.

I don't like being lied to, and I assume the rest of the player base does not. You weren't making it more accessible, you wanted to entice people to get up to tier 10. Go let them romp around at tier 7, not tier 10. 

*sigh* It's almost like they literally do not learn.

• Cool 4

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,300 posts
12,202 battles
12 minutes ago, Maine_ARC_1 said:

*sigh* It's almost like they literally do not learn.

funny, because its probably true

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Cool 2

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,106 posts
17,189 battles

Ranked Sprint is essentially a different game mode than Ranked. If that helps.

[LRM]
[LRM]
Members
2,958 posts
8,129 battles
5 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

funny, because its probably true

They literally are making everyone suffer to "accommodate others" when they already planned to accommodate others. It's absolutely insane!

[LRM]
[LRM]
Members
2,958 posts
8,129 battles
1 minute ago, paradat said:

Ranked Sprint is essentially a different game mode than Ranked. If that helps.

Yes, you are correct, they are different game modes. However, that is also the point at the same time. One is inherently designed to be easier to access, easier to play, and easier to progress in. Ranked, in both formats, is for people who WANT to be there who have EARNED there right to be there. If they hand out rentals like candy on the grounds of making ranked easier to access, and then backpedal and add in a version of ranked that's easier, then what is the point of knowingly interfering with normal ranked when you already planned a much easier alternative? The entire approach from WG is dishonest and contradictory. 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,106 posts
17,189 battles
Just now, Maine_ARC_1 said:

One is inherently designed to be easier to access,

I think WG would disagree. Seems to me they would like all game modes to be pretty easy to access.

As an aside I would love to see a tier 3 ranked season. Would be fun if every season of ranked was different.

• Cool 1

[LRM]
[LRM]
Members
2,958 posts
8,129 battles
1 minute ago, paradat said:

I think WG would disagree. Seems to me they would like all game modes to be pretty easy to access.

As an aside I would love to see a tier 3 ranked season. Would be fun if every season of ranked was different.

Tier 10 is not easy to access. It's the end game reward of a line for a reason. If they want easier access, then yes, they need to go to lower tiers. Don't stick me in with people who have zero hope in doing decent because they don't actually know what they are doing and then switch around and give a more easy place for people.

As for tier 3 ranked, that would be fun indeed. Different tiers all perform differently. 

Members
4,354 posts
4,615 battles

I mean on paper having rental ships wouldn't have or shouldn't have been an issue, because if the ranked system was working properly the poor players would have been weeded out from the better players. Ideally Ranked should have been what people wanted out of randoms, an MM that matches based on skill so unicums can complain about other unicums being bad. :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,106 posts
17,189 battles
1 minute ago, Maine_ARC_1 said:

Tier 10 is not easy to access.

Agreed, hence WG granting rentals. 

I do agree though with the frustration. I do not see a problem with some modes of game play being limited to endgame levels. 

My guess is that WG has brought rentals into Clan wars and ranked because those modes have very low participation and they are trying to boost it.

Beta Testers
2,855 posts
9,043 battles
Just now, Yoshiblue said:

I mean on paper having rental ships wouldn't have or shouldn't have been an issue, because if the ranked system was working properly the poor players would have been weeded out from the better players. Ideally Ranked should have been what people wanted out of randoms, an MM that matches based on skill so unicums can complain about other unicums being bad. :Smile_trollface:

It isn't an issue, players will always blame anything that isn't themselves in ranked. If it isn't rentals it's the type of ships people bring, if it's not that it's their choice of consumables. Odd how those most vocal about this in game are also the lowest in xp earned on the scoreboard. Almost like they really should be blaming themselves instead of their team.

• Cool 3

[RLGN]
Members
14,939 posts
26,464 battles
5 minutes ago, paradat said:

Ahh... The salty tears as St Louis and Bogatyr burn half of everything to death, and Wakatake torpedoes the rest.

Battleships would probably be Konig Albert, with some Tenryu thrown in for less stealthy, less durable torpedo and fire spam.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,106 posts
17,189 battles
Just now, Estimated_Prophet said:

Ahh... The salty tears as St Louis and Bogatyr burn half of everything to death, and Wakatake torpedoes the rest.

Battleships would probably be Konig Albert, with some Tenryu thrown in for less stealthy, less durable torpedo and fire spam.

LOL true. 

I also liked the progression season they did but I would like it to be more extreme at least once. Start ranked at tier 1 and move up to tier 10 as you rank up. 

[KWF]
Members
4,942 posts
6,604 battles

Rentals are a good first taste for people who want to try their hand at Ranked, has them spend some credits and hypes them to unlock  the tier Xs. I don't think thats necessarily bad and saying this as someone who was afraid rentals would ruin it all.

Now if you want to whine about rentals at the 11-1 brackets, sure, I can understand it to a certain extent. But by that point things start getting more serious and most rentals stop there.

The other Ranks with irrevocable all around have zero issues with rentals; no real risk.

Maybe WG should have restricted rentals to Rank 12 or 10, but other than that they are fine so far.

[LRM]
[LRM]
Members
2,958 posts
8,129 battles
41 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Rentals are a good first taste for people who want to try their hand at Ranked, has them spend some credits and hypes them to unlock  the tier Xs. I don't think thats necessarily bad and saying this as someone who was afraid rentals would ruin it all.

Now if you want to whine about rentals at the 11-1 brackets, sure, I can understand it to a certain extent. But by that point things start getting more serious and most rentals stop there.

The other Ranks with irrevocable all around have zero issues with rentals; no real risk.

Maybe WG should have restricted rentals to Rank 12 or 10, but other than that they are fine so far.

Rentals aren't a good first taste if you plan on offering something easier later on. It's just a pointless and underhanded move that just makes it unfun for the rest of us. I got up as high as rank 9 and I still saw rentals up there. It's not like there is a "fail break" where it stops someone from going so far for a ship type. Honestly, rentals should quit being usable at rank 12.

Sign in to follow this