Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Wows_Nightly_News

Wows Nightly News 44: The End

23 comments in this topic

Members
1,697 posts
8,726 battles

Sorry the first panel looks a little off... turns out Gimp really doesn't like me switching fonts and strait up crashed when I did.

But anyway... IT'S TIME TO DIE HISTORIC ON THE FURY SEAS!

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,796 posts
4,733 battles

Where's my wtfbote?   I want a wtfbote!

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,835 posts
11,601 battles

I love it I "free to pays on skid row petition Stalingrad to change tier 10 economy . Stalingrad vows to increase taxes on tier X ships " that just made me laugh out loud thanks . +1

[SWOLF]
Members
276 posts
2,329 battles
3 minutes ago, Wows_Nightly_News said:

glorious.

Long nose, wide, clearly a Gibson class battleship. The Martin class had a flatter nose. 

• Funny 1

Members
1,697 posts
8,726 battles
38 minutes ago, User_the_n00b said:

Long nose, wide, clearly a Gibson class battleship. The Martin class had a flatter nose. 

Talk about a dreadnought guitar. 

• Funny 1

Members
1,697 posts
8,726 battles
55 minutes ago, Pytheas said:

I woulda used Hanford

But Oak Ridge is an actual destination where Hanford is now a Superfund.

Edited by Wows_Nightly_News

[FML]
Members
4,083 posts
15,933 battles
4 hours ago, Wows_Nightly_News said:

Sorry the first panel looks a little off... turns out Gimp really doesn't like me switching fonts and strait up crashed when I did.

But anyway... IT'S TIME TO DIE HISTORIC ON THE FURY SEAS!

Whilst entertaining, have to admit I was expecting a D Day theme - should be easy enough with the Dunkirk port...

Members
1,697 posts
8,726 battles
24 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Whilst entertaining, have to admit I was expecting a D Day theme - should be easy enough with the Dunkirk port...

Patience

Members
1,739 posts
10,757 battles
1 hour ago, Wows_Nightly_News said:

But Oak Ridge is an actual destination where Hanford is now a Superfund.

Sounds like you know quite a bit about it.

[ARGSY]
Members
21,562 posts
15,643 battles

"Look at innocuous buildings where nothing nefarious is happening" had me in stitches. Nicely done.

Members
1,697 posts
8,726 battles
15 hours ago, Pytheas said:

Sounds like you know quite a bit about it.

I had a rather odd nuclear obsession when I was kid. Anyway, Oak Ridge is still around and many of the old Manhattan project era facilities are still in use. At Hanford on the other hand people had brilliant idea to dispose of all the nuclear waste on site. So now its just a very toxic waste dump.

Members
1,739 posts
10,757 battles
47 minutes ago, Wows_Nightly_News said:

I had a rather odd nuclear obsession when I was kid. Anyway, Oak Ridge is still around and many of the old Manhattan project era facilities are still in use. At Hanford on the other hand people had brilliant idea to dispose of all the nuclear waste on site. So now its just a very toxic waste dump.

Please, tell me more.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,536 posts
12,810 battles
3 hours ago, Wows_Nightly_News said:

My dad worked there TDY from PSNS when they started cutting up the nuke subs in the 90s.  We went out to visit, and got to drive around there a little bit.  We were not allowed to get out of the car.

Members
1,739 posts
10,757 battles
17 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

My dad worked there TDY from PSNS when they started cutting up the nuke subs in the 90s.  We went out to visit, and got to drive around there a little bit.  We were not allowed to get out of the car.

I spend roughly 3 weeks per year there for work. Most of it is not accessible to the public of course. Reactor B is part of the National Park System. It gives tours and hosts events for certain organizations. It's a wonderful tour, I recommend it for anyone that likes history or science.

Members
1,697 posts
8,726 battles
1 hour ago, crzyhawk said:

44 minutes ago, Pytheas said:

I spend roughly 3 weeks per year there for work. Most of it is not accessible to the public of course. Reactor B is part of the National Park System. It gives tours and hosts events for certain organizations. It's a wonderful tour, I recommend it for anyone that likes history or science.

Forgot about the lab and Reactor they still run out there. I haven't researched any of this since I was thirteen. Don't I look the fool.

Edited by Wows_Nightly_News

Members
1,739 posts
10,757 battles
1 hour ago, Wows_Nightly_News said:

Forgot about the lab and Reactor they still run out there. I haven't researched any of this since I was thirteen. Don't I look the fool.

Not at all. The fly fishing around there is incredible too.

Members
1,697 posts
8,726 battles
9 minutes ago, Pytheas said:

Not at all. The fly fishing around there is incredible too.

I'll believe it. looks like its unspoiled nature for quite some distance.

Sign in to follow this