You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Captain_Cavemn

Fines for Damaging other players.

37 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,712 posts
19,904 battles

Both ships get a fine, because the game can't determine fault.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,734 posts
2,514 battles

I notice it always says that the OTHER guy has received a penalty for the crash. I think this is client-side, so as to not blame the player seeing the message. Both probably see opposite messages.

[GREEK]
Members
1,007 posts
Just now, Nato101 said:

I notice it always says that the OTHER guy has received a penalty for the crash. I think this is client-side, so as to not blame the player seeing the message. Both probably see opposite messages.

I have definitely seen it say I was responsible, even though I was the one turning.  Although both parties get dinged for being bad captains.

Members
2,439 posts
14,392 battles

Just wait until you get penalized for someone else intentionally driving in to your torpedoes, then you'll really get fired up.

(Note:  Fully aware and agree that your torps are your problem.  I've hit a few people in my time trying to risk it, and I always take responsibility for it and apologize - if the player is cool about it, comps to them at the end).

Edited by Old_Baldy_One
Clarification
  • Funny 1

[GREEK]
Members
1,007 posts
Just now, Old_Baldy_One said:

Just wait until you get penalized for someone else driving in to your torpedoes, then you'll really get fired up.

To be fair, if you are shooting torps, you should be out in front of everyone.  On a side note, people will intentionally sail in front of torps to make you pink or to ensure the kill of the other ship.  That happens a lot in CoOp.

• Cool 1

[YORHA]
Members
5,139 posts
10,314 battles
3 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Just wait until you get penalized for someone else driving in to your torpedoes, then you'll really get fired up.

Oh good lord...

[WOLF7]
Members
12,601 posts
10 minutes ago, Nato101 said:

That message is based on Karma, the person with lower karma gets fingered.:Smile_trollface:

Members
2,439 posts
14,392 battles

Yes, I'm aware that your torps are your responsibility...there are also people who will intentionally take your torps when they didn't really have to just to get you a penalty.  Just like there are people on the road who will stomp on the brakes in their car just cause you got a little too close, just because they know they won't be fully responsible.

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Edited by Old_Baldy_One
spelling corrected - not sure what I was going for there but I missed
  • Boring 1

[BTLST]
Members
666 posts
10,450 battles

One thing that WoWs could easily change in their assessing of damages when ships collide is placing all blame and fines on any ship moving that collide with a ship stationary and not moving for several seconds prior to the collision.   I've been stationary for nearly a minute and had other ships collide with me and I've been fined and that is just flat out wrong! 

[YORHA]
Members
5,139 posts
10,314 battles
3 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Yes, I'm aware that your torps are your responsibility...there are also people who will intentionally take your torps when they didn't really have to just to get you a penalty.  Just like there are people on the road who will smal ont he brakes in their car just cause you got a little too close, just because they know they won't be fully responsible.

Ever heard the phrase "If everyone you meet is an a******, chances are you are the a*****

I have been driving for over 50 years in several different countries on different continents and I have never seen, not even once, someone "smal ont he brakes" because you got a little too close.  Know why?  Because I am not an a****** that tailgates people.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

Alpha Tester
1,734 posts
2,514 battles
10 minutes ago, awiggin said:

That message is based on Karma, the person with lower karma gets fingered.:Smile_trollface:

Ah, thanks.

19 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Had it happen today. just me and a BB, sailing towards another BB. I was parallel.

I told him to stop. He stopped. I fired torps and let him know that torps were incoming.

After a little while, he fired up the engines, sailed straight and then turned directly into my torps. Luckily only one hit.

They all blamed me lol.

Members
71 posts
18,850 battles
41 minutes ago, Forum_Troll said:

On a side note, people will intentionally sail in front of torps to make you pink or to ensure the kill of the other ship.  That happens a lot in CoOp.

True, but since the team torp damage was nerfed this is much less of a problem now.  You used to be able to take a torp hit and watch a teammate be penalized for a long period as you flooded. 

And blocking a friendly torp so I can make the kill is definitely in the playbook for co-op games.

Edited by FearlessNight

Members
2,439 posts
14,392 battles
21 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Ever heard the phrase "If everyone you meet is an a******, chances are you are the a*****

I have been driving for over 50 years in several different countries on different continents and I have never seen, not even once, someone "smal ont he brakes" because you got a little too close.  Know why?  Because I am not an a****** that tailgates people.

if you have never seen a brake check in 50 years of driving, that is amazing.  You must drive in very small towns or something.  In most cases, it has nothing to do with tailgating, being reckless, or anything like that.  As I said, some people just want to watch the world burn.

BTW whatever I did to piss in your cheerios, resulting in these types of responses...I apologize.  This isn't the first one if I recall correctly.

Edited by Old_Baldy_One

[WOLFG]
Members
30,734 posts
9,354 battles
25 minutes ago, dbw86 said:

One thing that WoWs could easily change in their assessing of damages when ships collide is placing all blame and fines on any ship moving that collide with a ship stationary and not moving for several seconds prior to the collision.   I've been stationary for nearly a minute and had other ships collide with me and I've been fined and that is just flat out wrong! 

Don't sit still, problem solved....

And you never know when that stationary ship is going to start moving.

I've had it where I was trying to round a point in a BB where a stationary CA was sitting, and had them suddenly back up right in front of me, either not paying attention, or thinking I can turn or stop on a dime.

Last time it happened, I ended up pushing him out into the open and using him as a torp shield. Fun times!

Besides, you realise that the fine for a collision is pocket lint, (not even pocket change) right?

Edited by Skpstr
  • Meh 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,186 posts
14,754 battles
33 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Yes, I'm aware that your torps are your responsibility...there are also people who will intentionally take your torps when they didn't really have to just to get you a penalty.  Just like there are people on the road who will stomp on the brakes in their car just cause you got a little too close, just because they know they won't be fully responsible.

If they are downrange from your launch they quite likely have other problems to contend with. Someone fired torpedoes from behind me that limited my maneuvering and forced me to close the range with ships I didn't want to as they already had me under fire so I was salvo chasing. I knew they were there but guess what, I over corrected and took a torpedo. If someone intentionally takes one of your torpedoes you deserve that penalty, your torpedoes should never be close enough for them to do that.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,309 posts

You get punishment, he gets punishment. Punishment for everybody comrade. Is fun and engaging, no?

[WOLFG]
Members
10,678 posts
9,900 battles

Somewhere a guy is complaining about the fine he received because some guy blocked him.

Members
3,429 posts
6,898 battles
35 minutes ago, dbw86 said:

THAT brings up an interesting scenario and one that can be based on SPEED. The less the speed the LESS the penalty damage assesed. If your stationary you should have NO Penalty as an example.  Now if a DD going at 32 knots runs into a BB going at 20 knots...the DD will get dinged MORE as another example. Would that be fair then?   Maybe someone has thought of this already?? I dunno....

[GWG]
Members
7,226 posts
14,031 battles

And I get TWO pink games for this....  What shell?  I didn't fire any torps, and this message comes up 25 seconds after I was dead.  Atlanta.. maybe.  Nurnberg -- I find it hard to believe.

Are_You_Freaking_Kidding_Me_TK.jpg

[WOLFG]
Members
10,678 posts
9,900 battles
2 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

And I get TWO pink games for this....  What shell?  I didn't fire any torps, and this message comes up 25 seconds after I was dead.  Atlanta.. maybe.  Nurnberg -- I find it hard to believe.

Are_You_Freaking_Kidding_Me_TK.jpg

Man, he was on really low health. 

I did that once to a near dead DD once I was trying to help in my Orion.

I believe a killshot, no matter how small on an ally results in a new (pink) paintjob.

• Cool 1

Members
3,429 posts
6,898 battles

becoming PINK used to be you had to work off about 5 games to get you back to normal but lately I have found that it took me only 3 or less to become 'Normal" again.  I wonder if WOW is considering the amount of damage you get credit for (after turning Pink) to determine the amount of time to UNPINK you?   

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,186 posts
14,754 battles
3 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Man, he was on really low health. 

I did that once to a near dead DD once I was trying to help in my Orion.

I believe a killshot, no matter how small on an ally results in a new (pink) paintjob.

This, if you take the final hit point you are pink.

[G-4W]
Members
31 posts
4,862 battles

Thank you all for you're replies. I do get it that even if someone hit me, I should not have been in that position in the first place. As I am new to the game I have seen this happen a lot! Not just to me!

Edited by Crashe_N_Burn
  • Cool 1