You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ghostar_1

Izmail to Sinop

11 comments in this topic

[WOLF6]
Members
111 posts
1,834 battles

Hi all. 

Im looking forward to move from izmail to sinop. 

I dont like izmail too much, because of the traverse turret speed, speed so I played it like a semi-mobile artillery piece with regular armor

Know that Sinop have AB turrets and you can bow tank efficiently better turret placement and that makes traverse speed not so problematic and better armor. 

What do you think? Will I find a better gameplay or the same than Izmail? 

[TBW]
Members
7,699 posts
14,084 battles

1 day in Operation Narai with the Sinop, should get you to the Vladivostok. Better gun placement in the Sinop than the Izmail. turrets are still slow.

shot-19_06_06_09_14.32-0346.thumb.jpg.f13e253e1ec95b1e3607f84e13508cd5.jpg

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[_ARP_]
Beta Testers
630 posts
5,684 battles
57 minutes ago, Ghostar_1 said:

Hi all. 

I dont like izmail too much, because of the traverse turret speed, speed so I played it like a semi-mobile artillery piece with regular armor

Know that Sinop have AB turrets and you can bow tank efficiently better turret placement and that makes traverse speed not so problematic and better armor. 

Its a much better gameplay than the Izmail. Her main downside is that she is a long ship, other than that she is awesome, almost a little broken at tier 7....

• Boring 1

[WOLF3]
Members
20,267 posts
18,582 battles

Sinop is real good with lots of firepower and a more traditional gun setup.

My misgiving about her in a PVP setting is she is so large and has so much real estate to shoot at, which is a BOON for HE Spammers.  Her armor, deck, etc. aren't any special compared to her peers, not like the Tier VII German BBs having 50mm decks to at least cause some HE shells to Non-Pen.  Also, the turret traverse still sucks.  The TDS is also very low, so any torps that hit you will hurt badly.  The more powerful torpedoes from surface ships compared to air dropped ones are especially devastating.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Members
5,097 posts
60 battles
On 6/6/2019 at 9:57 PM, Ghostar_1 said:

Hi all. 

The good thing about Izmail is that she got 3 main gun turrets facing rearwards that are at least good at fending off others astern while breaking away from the front to provide cover for the retreat & regrouping. Plus, she has good cruising & top speed. Other than that, she got a decent AA firepower for Tier VI. So far, I didn't struggled much with Izmail. Had more good matches than bad matches compared to what I had with Peter the Great.

But the only thing I want to complain about Izmail is the lack of seaplane consumable. Why the heck giving a catapult if there are no seaplanes to use? Pretty much the same issue the Iron Duke has.

Sinop, on the other hand, has excellent secondary firepower. You may consider investing on Manual Aim Secondary Fire skill to further optimize secondary guns & the skill is also useful for Kremlin in some ways, because all six gun turrets' firepower will concentrate more on one side than the other.

Edited by Xero_Snake

[UN1]
Members
586 posts
2,138 battles
14 minutes ago, Xero_Snake said:

Sinop, on the other hand, has excellent secondary firepower. You may consider investing on Manual Aim Secondary Fire skill to further optimize secondary guns & the skill is also useful for Kremlin in some ways, because all six gun turrets' firepower will concentrate more on one side than the other.

Both Sinop and Kremlin have insanely good secondary DPM.  In fact, Sinop is #2 highest for T7 and Kremlin is #1 highest DPM for T10.  In a complete reverse fashion to the Germans though, Russian BB's have extremely good main battery firing angles but poor secondary firing angles, whereas the Germans have poor main battery firing angles and excellent secondary battery firing angles.  In layman's terms, you're gonna have to show a bit of side to get all your secondaries on target. 

[SPTR]
Members
26,642 posts
12,878 battles

Currently grinding the Sinop definetly so much better than the Izmail.

Hated the Izmail for the slow and awkward turret arrangements but the Sinop is broken and is absolutely a nightmare to anything to gets close to her i wouldn't be suprised if WG nerfs her she is probably the best bow in brawler out there I've used so far.

[Y0L0]
Members
9,720 posts
12,806 battles

on sinop, who need secondary when you have awesome main gun that wrecks.       I also hated ismail, but sinop is rocking.   accurate guns.   I dont' even bow brawl, just play it like missouri.   doing as much as  my missouri in dmg dept.     gud bote and soon on to vlad.     still using stock GFCS  .  no need to upgrade

Edited by centarina

[NET]
Beta Testers
474 posts
4,355 battles

i enjoyed the izmail more than the sinop. the sinop is a mediocre tier 7 bb. the guns are super shot gun spread and the turrets are very slow turning. there are better tier 7 bbs like the lyon and scharnhorst. good news is the vlad is a beast .

[KRAK]
Members
1,047 posts
12,226 battles

Loved T5 Russian BB, 40K average damage, about 50% WR. In Ishmail, 0 % win rate, 20K average damage.

Edited by Ericson38