You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Yandere_Roon

So how is the Russian server handling CVs?

90 comments in this topic

[XXX]
Members
599 posts
1,462 battles

Lets face it both NA and even EU (which is considered the whale server since it has a smaller population than the RU one but spends more) are usually not the first line of feedback for these things. The devs are russian, which means they speak directly with the Russian server, meanwhile the other servers do not get direct contact with devs and its mostly through the community managers. So, because of this, does anyone who can read Russian, know how their forums are responding to CVs since I think the lions share of feedback and changes are designed with them in mind and just sort of filter out to the other two servers.

This is more out of curiosity than anything since if the RU forums are just sort of 'meh' on the Rework and don't particularly care about it one way or the other then we'll probably not see any major changes (like the 'feature' of AA and secondaries not being loaded until they have something to fire at, giving a not so insignificant delay to being able to deal with planes won't be addressed) or is the RU forum in a similar state to both the EU and NA forums where carriers are constantly being argued over with both CV defenders and CV haters.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[IRNBN]
Members
3,700 posts
10,773 battles
1 hour ago, Yandere_Roon said:

Lets face it both NA and even EU (which is considered the whale server since it has a smaller population than the RU one but spends more) are usually not the first line of feedback for these things. The devs are russian, which means they speak directly with the Russian server, meanwhile the other servers do not get direct contact with devs and its mostly through the community managers. So, because of this, does anyone who can read Russian, know how their forums are responding to CVs since I think the lions share of feedback and changes are designed with them in mind and just sort of filter out to the other two servers.

This is more out of curiosity than anything since if the RU forums are just sort of 'meh' on the Rework and don't particularly care about it one way or the other then we'll probably not see any major changes (like the 'feature' of AA and secondaries not being loaded until they have something to fire at, giving a not so insignificant delay to being able to deal with planes won't be addressed) or is the RU forum in a similar state to both the EU and NA forums where carriers are constantly being argued over with both CV defenders and CV haters.

I play on the EU and CIS servers every day.

My impression is that EU CV sentiment runs pretty much the same as NA- maybe 10% fanbois, 40% haters, 50% whatever.

But CIS? Oh my god. The Russian player base hates CV's with a visceral passion. I've seen many instances of teams calling out their CV's location and even intentional TK'ing of CV's by both teams at battle start, by mutual agreement in global chat.

Of course, the style on CIS is insane anyway. Hyper-aggressive is an understatement.

Edited by So_lt_Goes
  • Cool 4
  • Funny 7

Alpha Tester
1,734 posts
2,514 battles
1 minute ago, So_lt_Goes said:

Of course, the style on CIS is insane anyway. Hyper-aggressive is an understatement.

Sounds like I'd like it over there.

Do they not camp islands half the game? I just had a full HP Musashi lose on points by hiding ALL game. Only took 1 minor salvo from a CL the entire game.

• Cool 2

[XXX]
Members
599 posts
1,462 battles
4 minutes ago, So_lt_Goes said:

My impression is that EU CV sentiment runs pretty much the same as NA- maybe 10% fanbois, 40% haters, 50% whatever.

But CIS? Oh my god. The Russian player base hates CV's with a visceral passion. I've seen many instances of teams calling out their CV's location and even intentional TK'ing of CV's by both teams at battle start, by mutual agreement in global chat.

Eh that's they're style over all, the CIS server in WoT has a completely different, also hyper-aggressive, playstyle to the EU and NA.

[IRNBN]
Members
3,700 posts
10,773 battles
9 minutes ago, Nato101 said:

Sounds like I'd like it over there.

Do they not camp islands half the game? I just had a full HP Musashi lose on points by hiding ALL game. Only took 1 minor salvo from a CL the entire game.

If you can speak Russian or deal with game chat understanding limited to hotkeys, it's a ton of fun. That's why I play there. Camping/cowardice  is a big no-no, and will attract friendly fire.

Fun fact: almost everybody has zero karma. :Smile_teethhappy:

Pro tip: I wouldn't choose a player name with NATO in it if I were you...

Edited by So_lt_Goes
  • Funny 5

Members
505 posts
6,641 battles

Apparently, and this is second hand, and specific to Clan Battles

The russian server is like a [edited].  Think yolo but where everyone yolos, both teams, every single one of them, all 12, and they all move in the same direction round the map. 

The EU server on the other hand is apparently more campy than NA with people moving to strategic rocks and the opposing team cannot / does not move until one of these points breaks at which point the team moves to the next position and the process repeats.  Much more strategic.

SHAMELESS PLUG

And if you are looking for a Clan that will play cross server Clan Battles on both the EU and RU servers 1NJSE is recruiting.  Basically a GMT+2 Clan.

Alpha Tester
1,734 posts
2,514 battles
3 minutes ago, So_lt_Goes said:

If you can speak Russian or deal with game chat understanding limited to hotkeys, it's a ton of fun. That's why I play there. Camping/cowardice  is a big no-no, and will attract friendly fire.

Fun fact: almost everybody has zero karma. :Smile_teethhappy:

Oh boy. I like the sound of that, but I have too much time invested in the NA server to be changing over :(

Members
505 posts
6,641 battles
4 minutes ago, Nato101 said:

Oh boy. I like the sound of that, but I have too much time invested in the NA server to be changing over :(

I can not help myself.....  Look 1 post upwards...

Alpha Tester
1,734 posts
2,514 battles
13 minutes ago, Squib_Surefire said:

Apparently, and this is second hand, and specific to Clan Battles

The russian server is like a clusterfuck.  Think yolo but where everyone yolos, both teams, every single one of them, all 12, and they all move in the same direction round the map. 

I don't like giant clusters of ships I do prefer strategy, but more aggressive than we see on NA.

[_I_]
Members
114 posts
22 minutes ago, So_lt_Goes said:

This is true statement. I have seen this too.

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
1 hour ago, So_lt_Goes said:

I don't ever play on the EU but I do play on the Russian Server time to time and can confirm it is night and day to NA server; NA players are largely cowards, even the best ones, whereas most of the RU server is heavily invested in pushing. Although I did not experience any mutual killing of CV's/Teamkilling CV's. I've seen a few salty DD players, after death, claim lack of support and call out their CV's location.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles

CXfQP8M.jpg

real russians don't like CVS,we never made a decent one anyway.

now pobeda*siips* now that's a good ship doe by glorious soviet union

*BUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRPPPPPPPPPPPP*

Edited by Cruxdei
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[TARK]
Members
640 posts

Huh... CIS sounds a LOT more fun that NA servers.  They hyper-aggressive play-style that is.  Calling out your own CVs location isn't nice.... but if it reduces CV play.....

• Cool 2
  • Meh 3

Members
1,739 posts
10,757 battles

I have much more respect for the CIS server after reading this.

• Cool 12
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 4

[HINON]
Privateers, Privateers
6,800 posts
5,064 battles

NA and EU have direct contact with the devs just like the RU server does. Sub_Octavian and Ev1n, regulalry speak to them about feedback and testing. 

• Cool 1

[CYNIC]
Members
2,827 posts
7,057 battles

Chrome will auto translate the forums for you --- I read them, they're pretty dead overall though.

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
22 minutes ago, turdjelly said:

Huh... CIS sounds a LOT more fun that NA servers.  They hyper-aggressive play-style that is.  Calling out your own CVs location isn't nice.... but if it reduces CV play.....

It's different. Some ships are rendered somewhat unplayable on the RU Server as they are more based around out lasting an opponent rather than killing him quickly in a push. Likewise speed starts to matter a great deal, with slower ships unable to contribute at all, even in a win. On the other hand, fast BB's actually get to use their long legs for a change.

4 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

NA and EU have direct contact with the devs just like the RU server does. Sub_Octavian and Ev1n, regulalry speak to them about feedback and testing. 

Given this game lacks Credits (which is an odd omission all things considered), what is Sub_Oct's and Ev1n's actual titles. I have long assumed it was Games' Director and Lead Developer respectively, but that is not something I've seen expressly in print.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
12,280 posts
10,387 battles

Seeing as the English speaking Community Contributors talk with the devs at least 5 times a week, there's a bit of a misconception regarding where the OP thinks the devs get their feedback.

• Cool 2

[WORX]
Members
11,503 posts
19,230 battles
7 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Seeing as the English speaking Community Contributors talk with the devs at least 5 times a week, 

I can give you the Spanish side of the forums.

Must of them are ""HARTOS"with the CV rework.... Spanish side of the forum rarely complain about anything... To me, that speaks volumes.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
23 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Seeing as the English speaking Community Contributors talk with the devs at least 5 times a week, there's a bit of a misconception regarding where the OP thinks the devs get their feedback.

Something, something money talks, something walks. If you play the RU Server, and consider where a more significant portion of Dev-contact takes place, the balance of this game makes far more sense, and I'm talking beyond CV's.

[HINON]
Privateers, Privateers
6,800 posts
5,064 battles
1 hour ago, _RC1138 said:

Given this game lacks Credits (which is an odd omission all things considered), what is Sub_Oct's and Ev1n's actual titles. I have long assumed it was Games' Director and Lead Developer respectively, but that is not something I've seen expressly in print.

Ev1n is executive director, and Sub is Live Producer.

[WOLFA]
Members
302 posts
21,026 battles
1 hour ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

1 hour ago, Doomlock said:

Then they do not listen the CC opinions. Sorry about this. Two CV per game its BAD!!!!

• Cool 1

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
50 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

Ev1n is executive director, and Sub is Live Producer.

That being the case, then that is who you generally want to speak to. But a cursory glance of Sub's account on the RU Forums:

https://forum.worldofwarships.ru/profile/3787415-sub_octavian/

Vs. the NA forums:

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/profile/1021024541-sub_octavian/

The pattern of contact is pretty clear: 4:1 of presence on the forums.

• Cool 1