You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Jerbis

Reasons to play WoWs

21 comments in this topic

[BOTES]
Members
11 posts
4,038 battles

Are there any reason to play this horrendous class in 0.8.4 onwards? I guess not.

Screenshot (166).png

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[WORX]
Members
11,457 posts
19,196 battles

The must depressing part of the pic.... 12 torp hits and only 1 flood....

IF this was in patch 0.8.0, your DMG total would be close to 253k...

(252,962DMG To be on point.)

Edited by Navalpride33

[5D]
Members
1,102 posts
14,320 battles

Yep patch after patch the CV damage get lower enough that it hard to break 100k sometimes , when any BB or cruiser can farm this without any problem all.....

[-FOX-]
[-FOX-]
Beta Testers
73 posts
3,625 battles
6 minutes ago, dad003 said:

Yep patch after patch the CV damage get lower enough that it hard to break 100k sometimes , when any BB or cruiser can farm this without any problem all.....

No problem at all, other then having your ship in the line of fire. :cap_popcorn:

• Cool 3

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,862 posts
16,492 battles

yeah I've avoided Cvs unless I need a specific daily mission/campaign mission needing completing. The Damage is just too low and I'm tired of my tier 8's getting "ROFLAO" stomped by tier 10 AA every other game.

Wg is really close on a perfect balance IMO, they just need to tweak them a bit more and they should be perfect. unless of course they re-add all the odd tier CVs again.:fish_boom: then its back to square 1!

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles

This thread gives me many good reasons to play WOWs, just not CVs lol. Which not having players play CVs is what gives me as well as many other players more of a reason to play WOWs.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles
2 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Flood damage is not how you rack up the damage points any more anyway, not since the update that greatly reduced how much damage flooding can cause. So since then you are far more reliant on the explosive damage torpedoes cause when hitting a ship.

[WORX]
Members
11,457 posts
19,196 battles
9 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Flood damage is not how you rack up the damage points any more anyway,

I disagree, its a %70 DMG reducition for both air and surface torps... I was pointing not only flood DMG was nerfed, but flood to torp hit ratio as well..

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles
52 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I disagree, its a %70 DMG reducition for both air and surface torps... I was pointing not only flood DMG was nerfed, but flood to torp hit ratio as well..

They reduced the damage to surface Torps again?

Members
505 posts
6,641 battles
19 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

They reduced the damage to surface Torps again?

Not the hit damage but the flooding damage.  You can now get multiple floods and they work like fires but flood for much less time.  Short version is now you use your repair party when you have 2 or more fires or floods.  Basically a new flood is not any worse than a new fire.  And it was done ages ago around 8.0 I think

Edited by Squib_Surefire

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles
2 hours ago, Squib_Surefire said:

Not the hit damage but the flooding damage.  You can now get multiple floods and they work like fires but flood for much less time.  Short version is now you use your repair party when you have 2 or more fires or floods.  Basically a new flood is not any worse than a new fire.  And it was done ages ago around 8.0 I think

Yeah it’s that change to flood damage I mentioned a couple posts ago. Which means you are mainly relying on hit damage so flood chances do not matter quite as much anymore.

Members
1,660 posts
6 hours ago, Jerbis said:

Are there any reason to play this horrendous class in 0.8.4 onwards? I guess not.

Screenshot (166).png

Congrats on an excellent battle!

[--V--]
Members
1,461 posts
13,765 battles

I play WOWS for those rare matches where there are no CVs.

Or missions,,, where there are no CVs.

The CV re-work sucked the enjoyment completely out of the game for me.

Members
3,105 posts
12,308 battles
4 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

So since then you are far more reliant on the explosive damage torpedoes cause when hitting a ship.

The explosive damage that Midway torpedo bombers do was directly nerfed some time ago.  Saipan, which uses Midway torpedo bombers, does more damage with its torps at T8.

Beta Testers
631 posts
6,030 battles
8 hours ago, dad003 said:

Makes sense when your not actively getting your ship itself shot at.

[WOLF1]
Members
5,981 posts
8 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Yeah, I got two floods in a match last night.  I was amazed...

As far as the OP, if you aren't enjoying it, don't play it.  Don't wait for us to validate your choices for you.

Edited by mavfin87

[BGSSC]
[BGSSC]
Members
2,620 posts
10,491 battles

I got 2 floods on me in one drop a couple of days ago.  It felt like I got flooded at least every 2nd torp that hit my ship.  At least a flood doesn't suck all the life out of your ship like it use to.

[WMD]
Members
1,765 posts
10,041 battles
9 hours ago, Jerbis said:

Screenshot (166).png

You're not likely to get much sympathy with a decent/low damage loss in a T10 CV.

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles
2 hours ago, Ramsalot said:

The explosive damage that Midway torpedo bombers do was directly nerfed some time ago.  Saipan, which uses Midway torpedo bombers, does more damage with its torps at T8.

Lol well that, Wargaming for you. Sometimes the tier X vehicles are not always the best of the line, or even the top modules are not either. And that is something in Wargaming games that I actually find delightful and quite amusing as it tricks players that never bother to read anything or give even the slightest thought to things. The trick Wargaming plays is targeted at the players that simply assume that if something is top tier then it must be the best. When in reality only some of the top tier vehicles are the best, sometimes the tier 8 or 9 are the best. Or sometimes the top modules are not the best either.

In WoT Blitz some of the British TDs had various guns and while the top guns might have had either slightly better pen or damage per shot they would sacrifice reload for it resulting in a great negative difference in DPM overall if you mindlessly grappled the top guns. A friend of mine and I got good laughs out of killing off players that never realized this. So while playing WOWs I keep an eye out for similar Wargaming tricks and sometimes notice them in thing like reload difference in Kagero’s top Torps which is why I use stock torps to be able to fire off few extra tops each match which has worked well. Other things are the C hulls on some ships being AA focused to the point where your offensive capabilities are diminished against surface ships.

Although I have noticed Wargaming with WOWs has done thing a little differently Tanks as opposed to Warships. In tanks you might have any vehicle tier 8-9 be the best of the line or even 2 contenders for it that are vastly different and player base will be divided on which is better such as Jagdtiger vs JG E100 or E75 vs E100. Where as in WOWs you either have tier 8 ships that are the best of the line or tier 10 as best of the line, and no tier 9 has really surpassed a tier 10 yet, but there are some 9s that at least do alright.

So the point I am making is when you see a tier 8 or 9 ship that outperforms tier 10 we need to stop and consider is it a mistake or a fun little trick Wargaming slips in to catch the unwary players that never bother to read or really consider things lol.