You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
FelixJongleur

It's time to fix Radar and Sonar

84 comments in this topic

[-IMP-]
Members
8 posts
2,814 battles

I've reached a breaking point with how freaking broken these mods are, and how they ruin game play, I have ships that have these mods and even I think it's stupid how over effective they are at screwing the game play.

Their is 0 risk and only 100 reward for having these, most of the time the other options in these consumables slots doesn't even offer something that makes you think twice over these picks. The risk to having these mods are none existent. (Only the Minotaur has the risk of not having smoke).

The fact they can see through islands is the worst part of these things.
The fact their cool downs are incredibly short is also very problematic with the sheer quantity of ships that have these.

It is time to double their cool down to at least 4 minutes,  and have their durations cut in half to a maximum of 15 seconds.
With a detection range of nothing better than 7km, and the ship using the mods require line of sight of the target revealed.
If revealed target takes cover behind an island then sight is lost. Enough of this crap of pulling ships up to an island hiding and hitting radar to reveal a team.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 10
  • Meh 1

Members
2,767 posts
93 battles
29 minutes ago, Bludot said:

I've reached a breaking point with how freaking broken these mods are, and how they ruin game play, I have ships that have these mods and even I think it's stupid how over effective they are at screwing the game play.

Their is 0 risk and only 100 reward for having these, most of the time the other options in these consumables slots doesn't even offer something that makes you think twice over these picks. The risk to having these mods are none existent. (Only the Minotaur has the risk of not having smoke).

The fact their cool downs are incredibly short is also very problematic with the sheer quantity of ships that have these.

It is time to double their cool down to at least 4 minutes,  and have their durations cut in half to a maximum of 15 seconds.
With a detection range of nothing better than 7km, and the ship using the mods require line of sight of the target revealed.
If revealed target takes cover behind an island then sight is lost. Enough of this crap of pulling ships up to an island hiding and hitting radar to reveal a team.

This complaint is a year late. CVs are the "in" things to whine about.

• Funny 4
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[YETI]
Members
150 posts
7,971 battles
31 minutes ago, Bludot said:

They're not going to do anything about radar/sonar they're forcing a meta of light cruisers sporting 2-4 second reloads that have Heavy Anti Air and Radar/Sonar and/or smoke

[YETI]
Members
150 posts
7,971 battles

They'll be busy "fixing?" Cv's for a while, like 30% of their player base is asking for RTS back, like 45-50% want to keep the new interface, and the remaining 20-25% want CV"s gone :v (Results may vary on the percentages, i'm not a damn survey machine here :v)

• Cool 1

Members
1,344 posts
3,206 battles

Wait, did the latest CV nerf work, then? Are DDs back to complaining about radar and hydro?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4

[YETI]
Members
150 posts
7,971 battles
2 minutes ago, Frenotx said:

Wait, did the latest CV nerf work, then? Are DDs back to complaining about radar and hydro?

Think it worked for the Jap Cv's...the midway still does 20k dmg DB strikes on my ships :/ and still spams them -.-

Edited by Dan_nukacola

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,878 posts
11,515 battles
47 minutes ago, Bludot said:

If I take the Hydro in the Atago I become bait for CV's if I take Dfaa instead I can actually hold my own against cvs and can provide close-in support for by bbs, and it works. I can cite a few more ships where this is the case. Radar however is a auto pick no matter what because the only good dd is a dead unistalling one.

• Funny 2

Members
1,344 posts
3,206 battles
24 minutes ago, Dan_nukacola said:

Think it worked for the Jap Cv's...the midway still does 20k dmg DB strikes on my ships :/ and still spams them -.-

What ships?

[SIM]
Members
5,365 posts
8,838 battles

It's time for you to learn how to play the game. Any legitimate criticism of Radar can't even exist in this thread because of your abundant ignorance about game balance.

• Cool 1

Members
1,344 posts
3,206 battles
2 minutes ago, Dan_nukacola said:

Does 20k's on the GK

The change was to help DDs, primarily. Eating lots of damage from DBs is just part of the gig when you're driving a small city with mediocre AA.

[SALVO]
Members
25,426 posts
27,339 battles
52 minutes ago, Dan_nukacola said:

Now, now.  That is a VERY non-PC word to use and may get your E-pee-pee whacked.  You have been warned.  :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
25,426 posts
27,339 battles
1 hour ago, Bludot said:

The devs have already pretty much said that they won't fix the seeing through islands thing for radar and hydro, because "team work" trumps common sense realism.

Alpha Tester
1,734 posts
2,514 battles

As a DD main, life is definitely hard with multiple radar, sonar, and endless CV spam. But I still do fine.

What concerns me more is the general gameplay meta of the entire team camping islands for half the round. This can easily be addressed by:

Reducing accuracy if there is no direct spotting of the target, and even moreso if there is no direct line of sight (behind islands).

That way, you can get radared, but you won't be hit easily.

• Cool 1

[KIA]
Members
3,549 posts
15,595 battles

Radar has been nerfed to a point it's only useful against potato DD. 

And hydro...are you really complaining about something that can only spot thing within 5km

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
4 hours ago, Bludot said:

As long as we remove DD's when that change is made, fine.

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,219 posts
8,335 battles
3 hours ago, Crucis said:

The devs have already pretty much said that they won't fix the seeing through islands thing for radar and hydro, because "team work" trumps common sense realism.

I think the "common sense realism" card went out the window in pre-alpha when the devs decided to make WoWS into an arcade game.  

[FML]
Members
4,079 posts
15,904 battles
4 hours ago, Bludot said:

other options in these consumables slots doesn't even offer something that makes you think twice over these picks

Sorry, must disagree.  Yuro does too!

• Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
30,577 posts
9,216 battles
39 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

And hydro...are you really complaining about something that can only spot thing within 5km

Yes, because his IJN torp boats get their torps spotted too soon...

[KIA]
Members
3,549 posts
15,595 battles
Just now, Skpstr said:

Yes, because his IJN torp boats get their torps spotted too soon...

But I thought everyone now uses Def AA to increases their mean to fk CV planes ? Is it a lie ?

[WOLFG]
Members
30,577 posts
9,216 battles
Just now, AlcatrazNC said:

But I thought everyone now uses Def AA to increases their mean to fk CV planes ? Is it a lie ?

KM BBs and DDs don't get DFAA......:Smile_trollface:

[KRAK]
Members
3,718 posts
21,738 battles
5 hours ago, Bludot said:

Radar has already been nerfed quite effectively both in range and usefulness to yur teammates and if you are having issues with radar and/or hydro it is your fault. They are both easily avoidable now. Change your play style because you are obviously doing it wrong.

Members
1,660 posts
5 hours ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

This complaint is a year late. CV COMPLAINTS are the "in" things to whine about.

FIFY!!  You're welcome.

OP- Radar and Hydro is easily countered with good ol' map and situational awareness.  It can be frustrating at times, yes, but overall, they aren't game changing consumables.  They ARE poor decision punishing consumables though.  At least that is how I look at it.  The only time they impact me is after I've made one or more poor decisions/choices.

Beta Testers
915 posts
11,595 battles
3 hours ago, _RC1138 said:

As long as we remove DD's when that change is made, fine.

Please show us where the dd class...

Lowest health

Highest death rate

Lowest damage dealers

Touched your BB.