Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
slokill_1

Brawling Bougogne?

9 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
2,352 posts
32,363 battles

    Is a Brawling Bourgogne viable?  I've got the Massachusetts which is a lot of fun.  My favorite BB right now.  Halsey's got AFT, manual 2ndary control and IFHE and the crew really like him.

     I read somewhere that Bourgogne can also get 11.3 km 2ndaries.  I'm tempted to try it since I have one more free respec left.  I've got J. Honore in there with a survivability build right now,  which is reliable.  The main battery hits to 24 km or so, and with signal flag and speed boost she hits 38.5 knots!  But even so, with the main battery reload, a brawling build could be a menace...

     Has anyone tried this?  Do you like it?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,366
[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,176 posts
5,476 battles

I have never even considered anything other than standard BB tank build... However someone earlier posted something in Gneisenau's topic about how they play with full secondaries (including IFHE). They were from MIA, so I give them some credibility:Smile-_tongue:. https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/192978-weapons-system-wednesday-ranked-battles/?tab=comments#comment-4526112

 

Personally I'm a Notser about secondaries though. They are really fun, but are never (or very rarely) a viable build for anything except PVE.

 

 

You can play just as aggressively with or without secondaries. I'd much rather have 12 capt' points put into surviving. She is a menace if you charge in and you know what your up against. Ive 1v4'd cruisers in CBs no problem. Just blap em, MB reload, and repeat

Edited by _1204_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,931
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,893 posts
11,670 battles
42 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

I have never even considered anything other than standard BB tank build... However someone earlier posted something in Gneisenau's topic about how they play with full secondaries (including IFHE). They were from MIA, so I give them some credibility:Smile-_tongue:. https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/192978-weapons-system-wednesday-ranked-battles/?tab=comments#comment-4526112

 

Personally I'm a Notser about secondaries though. They are really fun, but are never (or very rarely) a viable build for anything except PVE.

 

 

You can play just as aggressively with or without secondaries. I'd much rather have 12 capt' points put into surviving. She is a menace if you charge in and you know what your up against. Ive 1v4'd cruisers in CBs no problem. Just blap em, MB reload, and repeat

I'm not sure about that the Massachusetts and GK with secondary builds are very cool you have to play them right though and are far better to play aggressively than without of course this is just my opinion . 

You can still survive fine with extra consumables !!

Edited by clammboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,230
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,252 posts
9,723 battles

Since the Bourgogne is practically the Alsace, the secondary mounts are rather fragile and will get knocked out very often. It's pretty common to have one side of your secondaries get wiped clean by the HE spam.

 

So pure secondary builds may not be so viable in the Bourgogne as you may enjoy the rain of fire for at least a few minutes before you start losing those mounts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,208
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,015 posts
3 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

Since the Bourgogne is practically the Alsace, the secondary mounts are rather fragile and will get knocked out very often. It's pretty common to have one side of your secondaries get wiped clean by the HE spam.

 

So pure secondary builds may not be so viable in the Bourgogne as you may enjoy the rain of fire for at least a few minutes before you start losing those mounts.

A secondary build without AAM1 that makes secondary and AA guns +100% survival, isn't really a secondary build.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,230
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,252 posts
9,723 battles
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

A secondary build without AAM1 that makes secondary and AA guns +100% survival, isn't really a secondary build.

+100% of zero survivability is well still zero for the French's case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,208
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,015 posts
4 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

+100% of zero survivability is well still zero for the French's case.

I have not really experienced a massive amount of my secondaries being knocked out on the Alsace with it.  Now the secondary guns actually hitting things, even with a full secondary build, is another story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
2,855 posts
9,043 battles
5 hours ago, _1204_ said:

I have never even considered anything other than standard BB tank build... However someone earlier posted something in Gneisenau's topic about how they play with full secondaries (including IFHE). They were from MIA, so I give them some credibility:Smile-_tongue:. https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/192978-weapons-system-wednesday-ranked-battles/?tab=comments#comment-4526112

 

Personally I'm a Notser about secondaries though. They are really fun, but are never (or very rarely) a viable build for anything except PVE.

 

 

You can play just as aggressively with or without secondaries. I'd much rather have 12 capt' points put into surviving. She is a menace if you charge in and you know what your up against. Ive 1v4'd cruisers in CBs no problem. Just blap em, MB reload, and repeat

Bourgogne has quite a few weaknesses and almost no strengths. Even in a brawl I feel like it loses to most ships due to having the lowest HP pool and I find T10 BBs manage to citadel it a lot. A lot of players say they have success playing it as a long range HE spammer, but I find Yamatos still slap you around like a punching bag and the HE doesn't feel all that different from other BBs. The reload is nice but I've found the booster to troll me more than it helps me since it's only 2 salvos and sometimes you don't get a fire to stick with it and it just feels wasted, in the end you're taking up a BB slot to play what feels like a weaker cruiser unless you're shooting a Kreml or GK. Survivability build probably can work but I feel like every cruiser you try to trade hits with is going to end up burning you down in less than a minute anyway if you can't get rid of them in one use of reload booster. Even if you're in secondary range with IFHE you'll probably get crippled. Might as well play to the ship's only strength which is full speed ahead and catch the enemy off guard any time you can get close enough without getting a fast ticket back to port. I don't run AAM1 since Bourgogne is the easiest BB to have its guns destroyed, and if your secondary modules are being destroyed by HE, you're probably going to sink to the cruiser anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
564
[R-F]
Members
333 posts
11,810 battles
8 hours ago, NeoRussia said:

Bourgogne has quite a few weaknesses and almost no strengths.

I think that misrepresents the ship. I can't say why but I really click with the Bourgogne, it's given me four 300k games and I win a lot with it. I run a tank build and fire almost all AP. While it is the softest tier 10 battleship and the accuracy leaves something to be desired, I don't think I can overstate how important the speed and reload booster are, and for me at least those far outweigh the bad parts of the ship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×