Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

IJN Ryujo planes... eyack

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

3,872
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,039 posts

So for an experiment I've been playing my T6 carriers in Ops. It's an eye opener for me. I have not played the Ryujo for a good number of matches, focusing instead on my RN carriers. 

O.M.G. Her planes are like brain-dead when it comes to flight control input. IIRC, you literally cannot alter course once you start a target run with at least one of her plane types. 

You're telling me the plane's pilot locks the flight controls, screams some obscene names or prayers and flies straight where they thought the target was going to be even as they watched it change course? 

I don't believe anyone believes a carrier's aircraft should be unresponsive during an attack. She's going back to port to sit for a few more weeks, maybe months until they fix this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,115
[SOV]
Members
4,638 posts
11 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

So for an experiment I've been playing my T6 carriers in Ops. It's an eye opener for me. I have not played the Ryujo for a good number of matches, focusing instead on my RN carriers. 

O.M.G. Her planes are like brain-dead when it comes to flight control input. IIRC, you literally cannot alter course once you start a target run with at least one of her plane types. 

You're telling me the plane's pilot locks the flight controls, screams some obscene names or prayers and flies straight where they thought the target was going to be even as they watched it change course? 

I don't believe anyone believes a carrier's aircraft should be unresponsive during an attack. She's going back to port to sit for a few more weeks, maybe months until they fix this. 

IJN planes are the hardest to you.  The dive is very fast.  Ranger is still best t6 cv hands down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
304
[SOAR]
Members
317 posts
5,141 battles

I personally don't enjoy IJN anything, but found them to be really good to use. Not Enterprise good, but better than anything UK or GZ has to offer.

Maybe just not the line for you?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,872
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,039 posts
8 minutes ago, Razzist said:

I personally don't enjoy IJN anything, but found them to be really good to use. Not Enterprise good, but better than anything UK or GZ has to offer.

Maybe just not the line for you?

 

I've played all three lines through to tier X. As they fly now they blow chunks compared to even a couple weeks ago. So yea, I'm not flying gimped aircraft - at least gimped to me. 

DD are definitely off the menu with R as far as my skill levels. I do much better with her taking DB/TB after cruisers and bb. She's simply to infuriating - to me - to go after DDs. 

And as you say for me, not the line, not now. 

I'm still awaiting videostreams of "Gameday Friday" where at least half their office is online, playing the game in random, ALL CARRIER play. I really want to see this. With cameras on their faces and interpreters where/when needed so we can see them smile as they play these OP carriers, hear the laughter as they club the many seals. 

Edited by Herr_Reitz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,227
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,244 posts
9,686 battles

I find the Ryujo to be the superior CV to use in operations, Ranger comes a very very close second when it comes to Newport.

 

The faster planes and higher alpha strike is really critical in the operations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,463
[KIA-C]
Members
3,551 posts
15,600 battles

IJN planes focus on speed and fast strike.

 

That speed boost nerf really nerfed their survivability. Before I could make 3 or at best 4 attack run with my DB against a ship with moderate AA, now I'm limiting myself to 1 or 2 because the second attack run doesn't not guarantee planes safety. 

 

They're hard to play but they have so much damage potential when you can land your strike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,872
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,039 posts

You know... I just noticed something... I'm slow on some of the stats as I don't always look really close... 

Anyhow.. the Ryujo bombers have no armor penetration listed. Nothing. I must presume they have no penetration ability at all, not even 1mm of armor penetration? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
749
[KNCOL]
Members
812 posts
1,885 battles

.

Edited by Koogus
Image does not want to work for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
749
[KNCOL]
Members
812 posts
1,885 battles

I guess I been lucky with her so far with the few games I've played do far

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,067 posts
2,545 battles
17 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

You know... I just noticed something... I'm slow on some of the stats as I don't always look really close... 

Anyhow.. the Ryujo bombers have no armor penetration listed. Nothing. I must presume they have no penetration ability at all, not even 1mm of armor penetration? 

WG never comment on the actual penetration power of the AP and I guess they extended that 'policy' to the AP bombs as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
388
[HMCSH]
Beta Testers
1,618 posts
20,754 battles
58 minutes ago, Koogus said:

I guess I been lucky with her so far with the few games I've played do far

Same here having fun with her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,874
[WOLFG]
Members
30,613 posts
9,250 battles
On Wednesday, June 05, 2019 at 11:11 PM, Herr_Reitz said:

DD are definitely off the menu with R as far as my skill levels. I do much better with her taking DB/TB after cruisers and bb. She's simply to infuriating - to me - to go after DDs. 

I dunno, since they nerfed DBs, I like it more, since my go-to against DDs (Zeroes) weren't nerfed, and retain the all-aspect reticle that Ranger's Vindicators lost. (and the Wildcats never had)

Basically, in Ryujo, I use all 3 types of planes. In Ranger, I (previously) only used rocket planes when the other 2 were shy on planes. Now that DBs are much less effective against DDs, I actually feel that Ranger is sub-par at dealing with them, compared to Ryujo. I actually like Furious better than Ranger now, where previously Ranger was my favorite CV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,874
[WOLFG]
Members
30,613 posts
9,250 battles
23 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

 

Anyhow.. the Ryujo bombers have no armor penetration listed. Nothing. I must presume they have no penetration ability at all, not even 1mm of armor penetration? 

The Izmail I double-citted at lunchtime would disagree lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
669
[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,397 posts
6,989 battles
23 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

You know... I just noticed something... I'm slow on some of the stats as I don't always look really close... 

Anyhow.. the Ryujo bombers have no armor penetration listed. Nothing. I must presume they have no penetration ability at all, not even 1mm of armor penetration? 

Ryujo's AP Dive Bombers can cit BBs. It's just a matter of landing hits with those two AP bombs. I'll post a video later of one of my better Ryujo battles. I prefer to stick with Ryujo's Torpedo Bombers for every attack even if there are only two available to fly. I tend to go from: Torpedo, torpedo, torpedo, rockets, torpedo, rockets, torpedo, torpedo, AP bombs, torpedo again. I've managed to land a couple lucky hits on moving DDs with my torpedoes too.

Edited by Vangm94

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
347
[GRETA]
[GRETA]
Members
596 posts
18,318 battles
On 6/5/2019 at 7:44 PM, Herr_Reitz said:

You're telling me the plane's pilot locks the flight controls, screams some obscene names or prayers and flies straight where they thought the target was going to be even as they watched it change course? 

 

National flavor

japanese-pilot-asking-the-captain-when-do-we-go-back-41673719.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×