You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Thanquol

Ranked

23 comments in this topic

[PIZZA]
Members
5 posts
14,203 battles

I've nothing to discuss. I'm stating that Ranked...or SKANKED is absolute CRAP. CVs are virtually untouchable and have little risk while achieving lots of damage and more than likely keeping their star if they are any good. There is almost no IRREVOCABLE levels and more stars. You cant Div with a mate. The rentals have declined the quality of the teams to pure garbage. I'm so pissed at the incompetence of the devs to do anything but make what could be something fun  - into something that gets worse and worse each season. PURE GARBAGE!!! AGAIN AND AGAIN.

Edited by Thanquol
  • Cool 9
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 2

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,073 posts

I am certainly not a really good ranked player.

That said, every time I have tried to participate, it has always been pretty miserable. 

I take a look at the number of people logged on pretty often and have off and on since closed beta.  I haven't seen a notable decline in players since the CVs were reworked.

I know it's a popular thing to say and I do believe it has caused some players to leave, but they appear to be getting replaced.

• Meh 2

[A-D-F]
8,073 posts
15 minutes ago, Thanquol said:

My clan has good players, we ranked decently, and have about 50 involved.

Also your clan's max number of players is 50.  You currently have 31 players in it.

Edit: you edited your post and completely changed what it says, so now what I have quoted no longer appears.  Ergo my post above now also makes no sense.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,221 posts
14,759 battles

Ranked and CV's in the same rant. He missed the trifecta though by leaving out rentals.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,812 posts
17,021 battles

I am enjoying this season of ranked more than the last. I wasn't a big fan of the Arms Race. The only T9 DD I have is the Fletcher with 10km torps. The little buff zones became a Kitakaze, Jutland, Z-46, and Black party. The Fletcher was left on the outside looking in because she has no radar, hydro, heal, and low health pool. In Random the Fletcher is a awesome ship. In the Arms Race Ranked meta she was out of her element.

This season I'm bringing the Gearing with MK 17 torps, so a little breathing room from the radar and sonar. Have had more success.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
6,278 posts
21,726 battles

My goal was to get to rank 10.

Started at 14.

Did it in 1 day.

I'm done .

Members
5,435 posts
10,508 battles

And yet I have seen plenty of damaged/sunk CVs that "can't be touched".  Watching one right now get seriously damaged in Ranked.

Edited by CylonRed

[PIZZA]
Members
5 posts
14,203 battles

Ok the trifecta...one of our members is a Super-tester. He's as disgusted as the rest of our clan. SKANKED is simply no fun and rarely was except maybe a few back when of all things it was T5 (IMO). And yes the number of players HAVE declined in SKANKED which is EXACTLY why they brought in the Rentals - to get more to play...but of course the quality and poor play has only increased...but its kept the number that play about the same - but only due to the rentals. I'm really sorry but it just sucks. And it's the SAME every season or just gets worse. The length of games to rank out has gotten just plain stupid and many of our members just quit. It's a great concept and allows for non-clan folks to earn steel...but the time and effort isn't worth it.

• Cool 1

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
429 posts
On 6/5/2019 at 6:37 PM, Burnsy said:

Also your clan's max number of players is 50.  You currently have 31 players in it.

Edit: you edited your post and completely changed what it says, so now what I have quoted no longer appears.  Ergo my post above now also makes no sense.

Who cares?

• Cool 1

Members
1,649 posts
1,286 battles
On 6/5/2019 at 9:33 PM, CylonRed said:

And yet I have seen plenty of damaged/sunk CVs that "can't be touched".  Watching one right now get seriously damaged in Ranked.

If your CV is dying, either he is really bad, or your team is most likely losing anyway if the red team has taken that much map control from you.

Members
5,435 posts
10,508 battles
7 hours ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

If your CV is dying, either he is really bad, or your team is most likely losing anyway if the red team has taken that much map control from you.

I have seen both damaged in ranked and in randoms on both teams.  The idea that they can't be damaged is just flat out incorrect.

Members
1,649 posts
1,286 battles
2 hours ago, CylonRed said:

I have seen both damaged in ranked and in randoms on both teams.  The idea that they can't be damaged is just flat out incorrect.

right, but what I said still applies. The can be damaged, but if they are it's because they're bad CV players or the team has already lost game anyway and they have nowhere to run to.

[_RNG_]
Members
787 posts
8,550 battles

I'm not trying to get into an argument or a back and forth on this, but this thread is similar to others basically saying "Ranked is harder because many of the players are lower skilled." If I have that correct, and that is what you are trying to say (along with many other threads saying the same thing), I feel as if that is a contradictory position.

If all the players are worse, then the team you are on is going to be better than average: your team will be you and 6 worse players vs. a full 7 worse players on the opposing team. Therefore you will win more often and Ranked will be easier to progress through.

If Ranked is harder than before -- if you are losing more than you win or losing more than you are used to -- it is because the teams that you face are filled with players that are generally higher skilled.

That is how I see it. What am I not understanding?

[Again: I'm not trying to argue with the OP or single out any one person. This is just the most recent in a series of threads basically saying the same thing, and I'm trying to understand.]

• Cool 2

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,260 posts
12,410 battles
3 hours ago, Jester_of_War said:

If all the players are worse, then the team you are on is going to be better than average: your team will be you and 6 worse players vs. a full 7 worse players on the opposing team. Therefore you will win more often and Ranked will be easier to progress through.

If Ranked is harder than before -- if you are losing more than you win or losing more than you are used to -- it is because the teams that you face are filled with players that are generally higher skilled.

. few will want to understand these words. same philosophy can be applied to skill based MM.

• Cool 1

Members
5,435 posts
10,508 battles
10 hours ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

right, but what I said still applies. The can be damaged, but if they are it's because they're bad CV players or the team has already lost game anyway and they have nowhere to run to.

All it takes is a decent team to damage the CV - nothing more.

[SYN]
Members
1,373 posts
10,638 battles
On 6/5/2019 at 7:30 PM, Thanquol said:

I've nothing to discuss. I'm stating that Ranked...or SKANKED is absolute CRAP. CVs are virtually untouchable and have little risk while achieving lots of damage and more than likely keeping their star if they are any good. There is almost no IRREVOCABLE levels and more stars. You cant Div with a mate. The rentals have declined the quality of the teams to pure garbage. I'm so pissed at the incompetence of the devs to do anything but make what could be something fun  - into something that gets worse and worse each season. PURE GARBAGE!!! AGAIN AND AGAIN.

Sadly, I have been on a couple and teams that were thrashed by rental ships. I just haven't had the desire to try one of them. I came close to trying the Gearing since I am about 40000 xp from finishing the Fletcher (which I love) grind. Alas, I am a concealment junkie. 

Edited by Ensign_Pulver_2016

Members
1,660 posts
On 6/5/2019 at 8:12 PM, BrushWolf said:

Ranked and CV's in the same rant. He missed the trifecta though by leaving out rentals.

It would appear that the OP accepted your challenge.

• Funny 1

[AXANR]
Members
209 posts
3,411 battles
On 6/11/2019 at 10:47 AM, Jester_of_War said:

I'm not trying to get into an argument or a back and forth on this, but this thread is similar to others basically saying "Ranked is harder because many of the players are lower skilled." If I have that correct, and that is what you are trying to say (along with many other threads saying the same thing), I feel as if that is a contradictory position.

That is how I see it. What am I not understanding?

[Again: I'm not trying to argue with the OP or single out any one person. This is just the most recent in a series of threads basically saying the same thing, and I'm trying to understand.]

Hmm, in that logic you are actually supporting the position of the OP.

Because Rentals permit players to sail with ships that they are not familiar with. And while many of these players maybe good in their respective tiers or as players in general. They still need to get experience with Ships they are trying possibly for the first time and cannot compare to players who have achieved these ships through playing, and then have been playing these ships outside of ranked battles in Random and others.

Add to this the fact that Rentals cannot use Camo.

Add to this that the Captains of the rentals may not be fully skilled.

Add to this that many players may just not spend silver to add upgrades to them even since these are temporary, why spend 6.5 million for modules on them?

So here we are with a potential toss of the Dice where we have less experienced players in less performing ships.

It boils then down to the randomness of the MM anyways and the conclusion is that Rentals are hurting Ranked.

----

CV's are another issue all together, I just think the new CV system makes them a bit too powerful for Ranked battles, but fortunately not many games with CV's in ranked, and more or less manage to deal with these games. It is true however that I see CV's sink very rarely, the game often ends because the other team won in points but all CV's survive.

[RLGN]
Members
857 posts
6,721 battles

Man, I have barely seen any carriers in ranked at all and because ranked play tends to start out as both teams in a death ball their planes are usually ineffective until one side has a lead anyway.  Honestly I've been overall enjoying ranked - the smaller team sizes and the single-tier mm generally make for better battles where I feel like my contribution matters, and the matches tend to be faster paced to boot.  The only thing I don't like is even as the game overall gets saltier ranked is always the saltiest.  Seriously considering deactivating chat, at least until ranked season is over.

Members
5,435 posts
10,508 battles

Onlyt issue with ranked is people whop do not know what caps are, not spotting, and the idea you can prevent caps from being taken by resetting them,.  CV are not in even half of the games and in just about every game I have had in ranked - they have been touched on both sides.