Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BanCVComplainers

Liquidator Impossible?

25 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
1,734 posts
2,514 battles
4 minutes ago, Dr_Citadel said:

Since the changes to flooding It seems this achievement is near impossible. The requirements need to be looked at I think.

Fully agree. I have a liquidator campaign which I can't get rid of. Prior to the change, I was liquidating people.

Even in a 2439 base XP game, I didn't get it. I got two confederates in a row, but didn't flood anyone enough to get liquidator. 9 floodings, nothing.

shot-19.06.04_13.52.21-0966.jpg

shot-19.06.04_20.28.26-0189.jpg

[PVE]
Members
19,969 posts
12,600 battles
10 minutes ago, Dr_Citadel said:

Since the changes to flooding It seems this achievement is near impossible. The requirements need to be looked at I think.

Liquidator

Cause flooding to an enemy ship and destroy it. Damage caused by flooding must exceed 40% of the destroyed ship's normal HP. Can be obtained multiple times per battle.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Flooding

You can get two floods now instead of one. As more people realize that you do not have to use DC on a flood immediately, then you will get more flooding damage. You can still bait DC with fire and floods and then get your 1-2 floods to run full time.

[NH]
Members
1,792 posts
Just now, Nato101 said:

Fully agree. I have a liquidator campaign which I can't get rid of. Prior to the change, I was liquidating people.

Even in a 2439 base XP game, I didn't get it. I got two confederates in a row, but didn't flood anyone enough to get liquidator. 9 floodings, nothing.

shot-19.06.04_13.52.21-0966.jpg

shot-19.06.04_20.28.26-0189.jpg

That's exactly what I'm trying to do. its the last mission in the campaign. 

[NH]
Members
1,792 posts
8 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

You can get two floods now instead of one. As more people realize that you do not have to use DC on a flood immediately, then you will get more flooding damage. You can still bait DC with fire and floods and then get your 1-2 floods to run full time.

In the case of a high tier BB setting two floods on them assuming they are unable to use DCP wont EXCEED 40% of their HP. Add DCP into the mix and you have a near impossible situation.

Edited by Dr_Citadel

[SHPFC]
Members
285 posts
8,316 battles

Only 2 times since flooding patch have I achieved it. I can be done with an insane amount of luck.

Frosty

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles

But remember the flooding changes were a buff to torpedo-focused ships. :cap_tea:

• Funny 2

Alpha Tester
1,734 posts
2,514 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Baiting with fire in a DD is pretty hard if you want to stay alive, and score subsequent hits with torps.

Liquidator used to be a consequence of good gameplay. It's not something you actively had to try to achieve by causing fires.

• Cool 1

[5IN]
Members
2,106 posts
10,138 battles
18 minutes ago, Dr_Citadel said:

No kidding.  It was already a difficult achievement to obtain before the patch... 

B

[PVE]
Members
19,969 posts
12,600 battles
1 minute ago, Nato101 said:

Baiting with fire in a DD is pretty hard if you want to stay alive, and score subsequent hits with torps.

Liquidator used to be a consequence of good gameplay. It's not something you actively had to try to achieve by causing fires.

I did say bait DC with floods as well. That seems to be the way most DDs did that right? Hit with one salvo, get a flood and then hit with a second or third?

• Meh 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles
7 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I did say bait DC with floods as well. That seems to be the way most DDs did that right? Hit with one salvo, get a flood and then hit with a second or third?

That's generally not possible. Your torpedoes are more likely to just destroy the ship outright if you have to hit it with 2 salvos just to make the flooding stick.

[THREE]
Members
2,151 posts
10,932 battles
9 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

But remember the flooding changes were a buff to torpedo-focused ships. :cap_tea:

It was a dumb fix for a dumb problem... CV's automatic DCP causing flooding to be a death sentence. Better solution would have been not to have an automatic DCP.

Alpha Tester
1,734 posts
2,514 battles
6 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Hitting the same ship twice often results in their death. It's also not easy as they take evasive maneuvers after the first salvo.

If I hit a torp salvo on a ship, they are priority targeted by teammates.

Also, with radar hydro, and spamming CV planes, chasing down individual targets isn't plausible.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles
3 minutes ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

It was a dumb fix for a dumb problem... CV's automatic DCP causing flooding to be a death sentence. Better solution would have been not to have an automatic DCP.

Pretty sure the flooding change was at the demand of BB mains who thought flooding was too severe, so WG gutted the mechanic to appease their cash cows but tried to frame it as a buff to the DDs they were screwing, hoping that destroyer players were too stupid to do basic math and discover that 2 stacks of "new" flooding still does less than 1 "old" flooding over full duration.

And people still DCP flooding instantly, when it was framed as "A buff since it's not as severe so people will let it roll like fires!" which I predicted would never be the case and-- guess what-- isn't the case.

Flooding is not a primary or secondary or even tertiary damage source. It's 1-2 points of bonus damage on top of the actual meat of a torpedo hit. And this is the idiocy that people trying to "fix" torpedoes willfully ignore when they say torpedo alpha should be low and they can do all this flooding damage instead.

Edited by KiyoSenkan

[GGWP]
Members
7,084 posts
16,301 battles

WG is so far behind on these adjustments it isn't even funny... 

Shoot their data that gets fed to the wiki still shows 5 onth old aa data... 

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
11,351 posts
19,037 battles

Not possible for surface ships... Liquidator is a CV exclusive award.. Not bad appeasing to Sky cancers AND the BBs at the expense of Torp ships.

Edited by Navalpride33

[NH]
Members
1,792 posts
2 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Not possible for surface ships... Liquidator is a CV exclusive award.. Not bad appeasing to Sky cancers AND the BBs at the expense of Torp ships.

Its not just hard for surface ships. its also very hard for CVs too because of the low chance to flood.

[WORX]
Members
11,351 posts
19,037 battles
1 minute ago, Dr_Citadel said:

Its not just hard for surface ships. its also very hard for CVs too because of the low chance to flood.

If one had a choice in getting a liquidator by air or by surface ships... IF you go by the numbers and the advantages you have... I would go with Air ship as the lesser of two evils...

You are correct, its going to be close to impossible.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,023 posts
17,047 battles
55 minutes ago, Dr_Citadel said:

Hmm yeah that is a good point. WG may need to adjust this one. +1

Alpha Tester
1,734 posts
2,514 battles

So it finally happened coincidentally.

Requirements:

• AFK BB on your team
  • Totally lone Yamato on enemy team
  • Torpedo hit which takes out the Yamato's engine
  • 4 separate salvo hits, two of which are single-torp strikes
  • Enemy CV which prioritises farming damage over spotting the DD (he paid the price as I sank him as well shorty after the Yamato)
  • Enemy DD prioritising hunting the AFK BB over chasing you down.

You have to be REALLY lucky to encounter that set of circumstances, and then not kill the BB with alpha damage prior to getting liquidator.

shot-19_06_06_04_50.47-0720.thumb.jpg.6c9647344118bb2425cbeed1e912b7f2.jpg

[KRAK]
Members
3,718 posts
21,738 battles
4 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

So like the OP said it is basically near impossible.

[DAS]
Members
1,012 posts
8,901 battles

Also, could torps please do a minimum flooding damage if they cause flooding?

I hate getting 10 floodings in a game and score less than 1,000 damage from them.

Alpha Tester
1,734 posts
2,514 battles
7 hours ago, epojokke said:

Also, could torps please do a minimum flooding damage if they cause flooding?

I hate getting 10 floodings in a game and score less than 1,000 damage from them.

This is in my chung mu (tier 9)

6 floods / 1526 damage
9 floods / 7744 damage

Sign in to follow this