You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
amoncz

Not trolling here. Is cheating going on?

16 comments in this topic

[SOTHS]
Members
86 posts
8,304 battles

happen to me twice in 3 weeks, both times with my Wooster. I start to shoot at BB, JB/Mass, first hits are ok anyhow the next 5-10 rouns i hit the ship (100% positive as it was 11 resp 13 km away), but nothing. Like i never even fire my guns. No pens, nothing. Zero. Is it possibly cheat? Or just some bug?

• Funny 3

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,244 posts
24,663 battles

Several reasons you may not be getting damage.

1.  Fires are RNG.  It's a CHANCE.  It's not a guarantee you will get a fire that salvo, or the next, or even the next salvo after that one.  It's a CHANCE.  You may get lucky and get a fire.  Or you can be like me and play Conqueror in a long 20 minute Random Battles game and only get 2 fires total.

2.  Your 152mm HE shells may be hitting target locations that you simply cannot pen.

152mm / 6 = 25.33 or 25mm of armor needed to defeat this HE shell..

In Tier X, anything larger than a Destroyer has deck and hull armor that is 25mm at the bare minimum with very few exceptions (Minotaur).  Even a Tier X Cruiser will have 25mm upper hull sides, deck.  Some X Cruisers have a 30mm upper hull side.  Battleships have 32mm decks at the bare minimum in High Tier (VIII-X).  Some have 50mm like German BBs here.  Tier IX-X IJN BBs have 57mm-58mm decks.  IX-X RU BBs have 60mm decks.  So a normal 152mm HE shell will non-pen on a lot of High Tier ships.  Then there is the fact that you could be hitting something like Main Battery turrets, which are thickly armored.  BB Main Battery Turrets laugh off piddly Cruiser HE shells.  Consider also that if you are shooting into a bow on Battleship, those very thick Main Battery Turret Faces take up a good portion of the target's profile.  Here is a bow on Jean Bart.

Zudgueg.jpg

If you got Non-IFHE shells, you aren't penetrating that 32mm bow, the 32mm deck, and you sure as hell aren't penetrating the thick, red armor sections of the ship.  If that ship was a High Tier USN BB, i.e. Massachusetts, then the situation is even worse.  High Tier USN BBs have at the bare minimum 37mm decks.  MASS has a 38mm deck.  Not even IFHE will let 152mm HE shells pen that.

The only part that is still vulnerable to your HE Pen are Superstructures.  The thickest Superstructures are High Tier BBs, which are 19mm.  Your 152mm HE shells will by default be able to penetrate that for damage.  The problem is focusing it will eventually, quickly cause Damage Saturation (area turns black) and the damage you do drops considerably.

Of course, you can take IFHE for your guns and you'll get improved HE penetration.

(152mm / 6) x 1.3 = 32.93 or 33mm of armor needed to defeat this HE shell.

Consider the values I mentioned earlier and now your 152mm guns will pen a lot more targets and target locations.  There will still be target areas that you can't pen, ie. High Tier USN BB decks, Tier VII+ German BB decks, Main Battery Turrets (especially BBs), etc.  But for most parts you will be doing more damage because you can penetrate more armor out there.

========

Get familiar with some of the armor out there that you will encounter and recognize what your guns can get Penetrations on.

Lastly, here is the source on where I got the HE Penetration formula.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 2

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
23,204 battles

If you suspect cheating put in a support ticket with a replay attached

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,244 posts
24,663 battles
Just now, CAPTMUDDXX said:

If you suspect cheating put in a support ticket with a replay attached

This is in PVE :Smile_trollface:

[WOLFG]
Members
10,690 posts
9,900 battles
Just now, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I don't want to think about how many tickets get sent in on the bots.

• Funny 1

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,679 posts
35,888 battles
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Then there is botting going on. Guaranteed.

• Funny 3

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,091 posts
7,978 battles

I second Haze's points, and just want to add in why it's highly unlikely that someone actually cheated.

The way this game works is that none of the calculations and actions happen on your PC. They happen on some server in god-knows-where. So if one wanted to manipulate your HE penetration, they'd have to hack the server, locate the specific match they are playing in right now and then manipulate the data that is involved with your gunnery, but only your gunnery, or else their own Worcester might suddenly have a problem as well. The chances of someone pulling this off in light of the effort required are slim, and let's say they manage to do that without getting detected, then I tip my hat because they must be skilled at those things.

Beta Testers
128 posts
11,882 battles

There is a weird graphics bug that happens, and I've seen it a lot with my cruisers when playing close-in to islands. Shells you fire hit, then go through the island. No explosion. The shells travel visually to the target where it looks like they hit, but don't do a damn thing. No bounce, overpen, shatter, etc. A lot of times you don't notice because you're in sniper mode and not watching the shells exit the guns.

I honestly don't know when it started, mostly because I don't play cruisers a lot, but it does happen. Essentially the shells are hitting the island but for some reason the game renders the tracers all the way to the target.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,188 posts
14,754 battles

I think the OP experienced de-sync, your screen shows that you are hitting while the server has you missing.

• Cool 1

0 posts

send a ticket to support, the automated complaint bot staff will respond with a standard automated self driving script carefully thought out reply.

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
1,713 posts
8,082 battles

Simple answer....if this was in PVE, then of course there was cheating going on, it runs rampant among the BOTS, they have no scruples, no morals and simply do not care. SKYNET!

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[SYN]
Members
8,256 posts
14,111 battles

No, it's not cheating. Cheating is pretty much non-existent in this game.

Having said that... I really don't understand what you are trying to say.

[KSE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,732 posts
18,227 battles
23 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I think the OP experienced de-sync, your screen shows that you are hitting while the server has you missing.

Most likely cause, have seen it numerous times over my near 4 year run in this game.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,268 posts
21,684 battles

Could be dysnc.

Check to see if you have any lag.

Members
2,855 posts
9,178 battles
52 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I don't want to think about how many tickets get sent in on the bots.

Cheating Bots, they are the worst.

• Cool 1

Members
2,855 posts
9,178 battles
53 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

So if one wanted to manipulate your HE penetration, they'd have to hack the server, locate the specific match they are playing in right now and then manipulate the data that is involved with your gunnery, but only your gunnery,

Sounds simple enough. I should have thought of that 4 years ago.

• Funny 1