Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheDgamesD

Nikolai Kuznetsov is absurdly Overpriced and needs to be lowered.

60 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

421
[36]
Beta Testers
248 posts
9,275 battles

The Captain available in the Token shop (Nikolaus Kuznetsov) is Absurdly overpriced.

I ran the math, and starting today, even if you choose the team that offers more rewards each day, and earn every possible token from each day, it’s only possible to earn a total of 486 Provision Tokens. Meaning unless you’ve been saving for him from the start you aren’t gonna get him. And if you do, you’re basically gonna get nothing else. Which is downright absurd, especially compared to previous and older events where you could pick a wide range of items before the event ended.

Can we also address the fact he costs almost x3 that of the Tier V premium ship Murmansk!? Sure he’s a special commander but that doesn’t excuse the fact that x2 the cost of the Murmansk for tokens is still lower than that of a Captain.

The level of artificial value placed on him is to the point that (given the price of Murmansk at ~$12-15) they’re valuing him at ~$30 FOR A BLOODY CAPTAIN.

Please for decency’s sake lower his cost down to something more reasonable, I don’t care what tier the ship is, what class it is, or how special a Captain is, a premium ship should never be cheaper than a Captain. 

 

 

  • Cool 6
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,073
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,701 posts

Can you even buy tokens to get him, outside of the containers?  If not that makes him REALLY expensive!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,213
[WMD]
Members
1,765 posts
10,037 battles

Can't you just buy a few premium containers and get tokens that way?

One thing I've learned in F2P games is that most players aren't supposed to get the really good "free" stuff for free. The system is designed to force you to choose between grinding hard, or paying for convenience.

  • Cool 3
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,741
[SALVO]
Members
25,459 posts
27,431 battles
6 minutes ago, VeatherVitch said:

Can't you just buy a few premium containers and get tokens that way?

One thing I've learned in F2P games is that most players aren't supposed to get the really good "free" stuff for free. The system is designed to force you to choose between grinding hard, or paying for convenience.

The thing is that you don't get all that many tokens per container.  25, I think.  So you'd need 20 containers to get enough tokens to buy the commander straight up.  And that's rather pricey, IMO.  I wish that they'd have just put him behind a campaign, same as Yamamoto and Halsey.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,375
[R-F]
Members
1,787 posts
10,858 battles

yes, you can buy premium containers to get tokens.  If you got all the tokens that way, it would cost about $91.  If you plan to earn tokens and make up the rest with containers, the cost goes down.  I'm keeping track of mine.  With the amount of tokens I've earned so far it would cost $67 to get the rest of the tokens via container.  Certainly I won't spend that much but there's a price point somewhere that I will.

 

To OP: You also seem to get tokens for finishing well in the "hall of valor" leaderboard or whatever it's called.  I don't know how much you get, I haven't seen it documented anywhere, but I seem to get a few when I log in a day after having played a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
298
[-TKS-]
Members
836 posts
15,419 battles

Hell no , he is too easy to get . he's pretty OP and dont need everyone running around with him. Also its like any event if you want the main "free" thing be it a captain or a ship  your are only going to be able to get that .  and may even come up 1 short in which case theyll sell it to you for 99c .  

btw id pay to avoid the grind for the usa / jap  captains takes . which i still haven't done  yet .

Edited by EyE_dYe_QuIck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,970
[USCC2]
Members
6,183 posts

I've calculated the tokens I already have + the ones I will get if I do the easy missions each night and I can get around 519. So I have the choice to get him, or spend the tokens I have on something else that is free.

 

Seems ok to me.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
292
[KSD]
Members
263 posts
12,687 battles
26 minutes ago, TheDgamesD said:

The Captain available in the Token shop (Nikolaus Kuznetsov) is Absurdly overpriced.

I ran the math, and starting today, even if you choose the team that offers more rewards each day, and earn every possible token from each day, it’s only possible to earn a total of 486 Provision Tokens. Meaning unless you’ve been saving for him from the start you aren’t gonna get him. And if you do, you’re basically gonna get nothing else. Which is downright absurd, especially compared to previous and older events where you could pick a wide range of items before the event ended.

Can we also address the fact he costs almost x3 that of the Tier V premium ship Murmansk!? Sure he’s a special commander but that doesn’t excuse the fact that x2 the cost of the Murmansk for tokens is still lower than that of a Captain.

The level of artificial value placed on him is to the point that (given the price of Murmansk at ~$12-15) they’re valuing him at ~$30 FOR A BLOODY CAPTAIN.

Please for decency’s sake lower his cost down to something more reasonable, I don’t care what tier the ship is, what class it is, or how special a Captain is, a premium ship should never be cheaper than a Captain. 

 

 

You do realize he will be available in the armory after this patch...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,366
[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,176 posts
5,476 battles

I did my own math today, and I need 18 tokens a day to get him. Doable. But unlikley and painful. 

 

It would have been nice to have him in a campaign like everyone else...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,215
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,204 posts
24,561 battles

I have 334 of the tokens right now.  Doing strictly by "Normal" event difficulty, it's 18 tokens per day.  It'll take me 10 days via "Normal" difficulty to complete this event and get Kutznetsov.  There are 18 days remaining.  But I'm on regularly this past month and there were some days I did harder difficulty settings and earned more tokens.

 

Regardless, Kutznetsov will be available down the road in the Arsenal.  From that link I had:

The “Victory” competition isn’t your only chance to reinforce a ship in your Port with the new Commander. After several game updates, Nikolay Kuznetsov will become available in the Armory in exchange for Coal.

 

So, if time, money isn't in your favor to get Kutznetsov via this event, he *IS* going to the Arsenal for the Coal eventually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,349
[KWF]
Members
4,926 posts
6,598 battles
14 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

I did my own math today, and I need 18 tokens a day to get him. Doable. But unlikley and painful. 

 

It would have been nice to have him in a campaign like everyone else...

But that way WG wouldn't have been able to sell containers for the tokens :fish_boom:.

Seriously though, it's been a year since we got the last Legendary Commander Campaign. At that point I just hope for Cunningham or a German Commander maybe :Smile_sad:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,215
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,204 posts
24,561 battles

It's already been mentioned several times already that he will be available for Coal in a later update.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,458
[ARGSY]
Members
21,654 posts
15,689 battles
38 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

I've calculated the tokens I already have + the ones I will get if I do the easy missions each night and I can get around 519

IIRC, Phase 2 was set up so that if you got the easy points each and every night you could just get him.

I suspect the same was true of the Lazo in Phase 1, but I missed some nights and had to give that up. Can anyone tell me if i was right?

(Not bitter about that one. I got two permacamos worth 3000 doubloons each and an early-unlock RU BB out of it; and with the Murmansk virtually a gimme in Phase 2, I will have a T5+ Russian premium CL anyway so I probably got the better deal overall.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,970
[USCC2]
Members
6,183 posts
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

IIRC, Phase 2 was set up so that if you got the easy points each and every night you could just get him.

I suspect the same was true of the Lazo in Phase 1, but I missed some nights and had to give that up. Can anyone tell me if i was right?

(Not bitter about that one. I got two permacamos worth 3000 doubloons each and an early-unlock RU BB out of it; and with the Murmansk virtually a gimme in Phase 2, I will have a T5+ Russian premium CL anyway so I probably got the better deal overall.)

I did easy missions most evenings and if the weekend had a 25% lead I'd go for the harder mission - This allowed me to get the Lazo and a perm camo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,925
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,444 posts
20,616 battles
1 hour ago, TheDgamesD said:

I ran the math, and starting today, even if you choose the team that offers more rewards each day, and earn every possible token from each day, it’s only possible to earn a total of 486 Provision Tokens.

Pretty sure your math is wrong because it doesn't take into account the Hall of Fame placement tokens that you would certainly be getting if you hit that many daily milestones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,458
[ARGSY]
Members
21,654 posts
15,689 battles
1 minute ago, _WaveRider_ said:

I did easy missions most evenings and if the weekend had a 25% lead I'd go for the harder mission - This allowed me to get the Lazo and a perm camo.

I would have done that as well, but life doesn't allow me enough playing time. If I spam high-tier co-op to guarantee accumulation of wins and kills (and the occasional personal task), I can get 500 points done with ease. However, getting even another 500 is asking too much of those I potentially keep awake (or wake when I finally go to bed) by gaming into the wee small hours. I know my limitations; I'll take the major consolation prize(s) and walk away happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,844
[WOLFG]
Members
10,654 posts
9,858 battles
2 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Pretty sure your math is wrong because it doesn't take into account the Hall of Fame placement tokens that you would certainly be getting if you hit that many daily milestones.

Don't you get 2 a day just for participating?  And 2 for top 50%?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,725 posts
11,839 battles

It is still doable to get the captain if you just start today.  Counting today, going through the 25th, that is 21 days.  

 

Lets do some math. 

Assuming each day, the winner changes teams and you chose the team that earns you the most reward points.(if a team wins twice in a row, that is even more points possible)

 

Each day, you can earn 3+3+7+7+7 for 27 points for just completing the thresholds.  that is not counting the winner bonus, participation, or leaderboard bonuses.  That alone is 567 points over 21 days.

 

From what i seen, if you get in the 1500-2k range of points, you will get something like 8-10 more points from the participation/leaderboard.  I get 6 for getting 1kish a day.  Lets say it is 8.   that is 35 points a day.  that is 735 points.

 

i go for the 1k threshold as i find that one fairly quick to get.  that would be 20 points a day.   add in the 6 from participation/leaderboard, and that is 26 a day.   546 points.  

 

you could get crates to speed things along.  if you started when the event started, you wouldn't be in that big of a time crunch.

 

Outside of the usual play what you are best at, best way to farm points is to play tier 10 BBs.  on top of the usual awards for having a good match, you can get fireproof and drednaught without too much issue.  play a Conq and you can also get witherer and arsonist fairly often. Sadly DDs get shafted in events like these.  They don't get awards for doing stuff like spotting and capping.  cruisers are just behind BBs.  

Edited by Frederick_The_Great

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,222
[--K--]
Members
1,351 posts
11,330 battles
37 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I have 334 of the tokens right now.  Doing strictly by "Normal" event difficulty, it's 18 tokens per day.  It'll take me 10 days via "Normal" difficulty to complete this event and get Kutznetsov.  There are 18 days remaining.  But I'm on regularly this past month and there were some days I did harder difficulty settings and earned more tokens.

 

Regardless, Kutznetsov will be available down the road in the Arsenal.  From that link I had:

The “Victory” competition isn’t your only chance to reinforce a ship in your Port with the new Commander. After several game updates, Nikolay Kuznetsov will become available in the Armory in exchange for Coal.

 

So, if time, money isn't in your favor to get Kutznetsov via this event, he *IS* going to the Arsenal for the Coal eventually.

Uh.... no you have not been doing “normal”.  I’ve been on everyday, and have picked normal and I’m only at 140 something.

you've been collecting for 18 days?

Edited by USMC8sux

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,925
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,444 posts
20,616 battles
2 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Don't you get 2 a day just for participating?  And 2 for top 50%?

It's listed in the rules, but honestly, I just threw some doubloons down the doubloon hole and called it a day. It wasn't worth the additional stress for me to worry about winning 1000-2000 points' worth of damage farming medals each day, while also trying to level a line, have a life, and you know... have fun.

I'm sure that's what they're banking on in the first place, but I have some doubloons piled up from in-game winnings and such, so it didn't seem a big issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,458
[ARGSY]
Members
21,654 posts
15,689 battles
1 minute ago, Frederick_The_Great said:

Assuming each day, the winner changes teams and you chose the team that earns you the most points

Funnily enough, this is what's been happening to me. I pick yesterday's loser, and whoever it is, they keep winning. I'm at 172 points, not counting what I picked up in Hall of Valor last night, and I should have Murmansk for sure tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,638
[PVE]
Members
20,020 posts
12,714 battles
1 hour ago, TheDgamesD said:

The Captain available in the Token shop (Nikolaus Kuznetsov) is Absurdly overpriced.

I ran the math, and starting today, even if you choose the team that offers more rewards each day, and earn every possible token from each day, it’s only possible to earn a total of 486 Provision Tokens. Meaning unless you’ve been saving for him from the start you aren’t gonna get him. And if you do, you’re basically gonna get nothing else. Which is downright absurd, especially compared to previous and older events where you could pick a wide range of items before the event ended.

Can we also address the fact he costs almost x3 that of the Tier V premium ship Murmansk!? Sure he’s a special commander but that doesn’t excuse the fact that x2 the cost of the Murmansk for tokens is still lower than that of a Captain.

The level of artificial value placed on him is to the point that (given the price of Murmansk at ~$12-15) they’re valuing him at ~$30 FOR A BLOODY CAPTAIN.

Please for decency’s sake lower his cost down to something more reasonable, I don’t care what tier the ship is, what class it is, or how special a Captain is, a premium ship should never be cheaper than a Captain. 

 

 

Starting from the first day, grinding 500 WoV points per day got you at least 20 Tokens per day on Normal difficulty. Grinding the higher difficulties got you more. So if you wanted him for free, you have to grind.

 

1 hour ago, TheDreadnought said:

Can you even buy tokens to get him, outside of the containers?  If not that makes him REALLY expensive!

25 Tokens per container. I would highly suggest waiting to buy containers until Jun 23rd, so you can buy just the ones you need IF you want to spend Doubloons.

 

1 hour ago, VeatherVitch said:

Can't you just buy a few premium containers and get tokens that way?

One thing I've learned in F2P games is that most players aren't supposed to get the really good "free" stuff for free. The system is designed to force you to choose between grinding hard, or paying for convenience.

Yep, F2P is grind or pay instead of grinding. Personally I like that as I can grind what I want and/or pay for what I want.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
599
[UEFN]
Members
1,347 posts
23,735 battles

I'm not impressed with this comrade captain, the "will to victory" skill would only activate ONCE when your HP fell below 10%.  Nikolay Kuznetsov is overhyped and way overpriced, i have used him on both Kremlin and Stalingrad but after a few rounds i switched him out and back to Viktor Znamensky and Vasiliy Znamensky, where the brothers have THREE full time unique skills (PM, HA, and EM) instead of one (JOAT), the brothers are far more useful and valuable than the snake oil salesman Nikolay.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×