You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
S16_Hunter

Haragumo

8 comments in this topic

[H_]
Members
749 posts
12,102 battles

Ok, so I've played a few games in my Gumo and I find it fun.  BUT.. Here is a question I'm going to ask what people feel is the better way to go.

1. Priamarily use Ripple fire ?

2. Use Salvo Fire?

I know it's situational to some extent and you can use the ripple fire to cause a reaction from the opposing ship.  But against another DD is it effective or would the higher Alpha strike of a salvo be a better choice?

Just curious what more experienced Gumo players think.

Thanks.

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

Against other DDs in close range, a full alpha salvo is arguably better, since you can knock out modules and weapons in one fell swoop, hopefully forcing a DCP usage.

• Cool 1

[BONKS]
Members
1,017 posts
8,737 battles

I always use full salvos.

Unless a enemy ship just shat its pants and is running away full steam then use ripple fire as youre gonna miss some shots during the ships turn

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,703 posts
19,886 battles

Salvo fire close range DDs, battleship superstructures, cruiser broadsides. Ripplefire longer range, maneuvering targets.

[HEROS]
Members
2,026 posts
18,399 battles

Go with Lert's answer.

Reason:  ripple fire allows you to correct as you go. WIth the Haru's ROF and 5 twin turrets it's also somewhat terrifying to be on the receiving end and many players have major difficulty focusing when under that sort of pressure.

Also I suggest w/experimenting with switching to AP especially on close targets.  HE will cause fires, damage and knock out modules.. but on a close range under 7 Km target AP will kill.  I caught a Khab the other day at 5 Km.. his guns were pointed the other way.. he was not expecting me and I deep six'd him with 2 AP salvos.  20 shell hits of 100mm into the hull. everything hit, 18 penetrated and his ship went away.  Give it a go.  the results may surprise you and the story's of Haru's blasting cruisers to the bottom with AP at close range are real.   at 5 Km your 10cm AP will pen 90mm to 110mm of flat plate.  Close range with a cruiser? He's got me right where I want him!

If your shooting at a big ship and they have max fires set on them switch to AP and pepper their topsides.  Your damage number will go up and thats damage that not getting repaired with a heal (some.. like 10%.. maybe, the rest is perma damage).

the IJN 10cm mounts are amazing high rate of fire and high damage over time weapons that also double as really good  AA on par or exceeding the  AA of most all other DD's, and the Haru is best in class  as far as long range AA  and that's with out the AA consumable.  

Edited by TL_Warlord_Roff

[H_]
Members
749 posts
12,102 battles

Thanks, appreciate the responses. I've  been using Salvo's more then Ripple anyway, but see a lot of Gumo's just using the ripple. Honestly didn't even think about using AP with it.  I'll give it a whirl, seems logical..

Thanks again. 

[NGA-B]
Members
245 posts
13,933 battles
On 6/5/2019 at 9:34 AM, Ace_04 said:

Against other DDs in close range, a full alpha salvo is arguably better, since you can knock out modules and weapons in one fell swoop, hopefully forcing a DCP usage.

You said a mouth full, GUMO rocks