You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BereanHeart

"Crap" is not an allowed word in chat.

23 comments in this topic

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Members
169 posts
13,144 battles

I am solely posting this thread to get the attention of someone in authority. I recently received a chat ban and was told specifically that the word 'crap' is profanity and not allowed in chat, and therefore was part of the reason for the ban. I know the forums are different than the actual game, so can someone with authority contact me hopefully directly but more so in this thread to outline the words considered 'profanity' by WG:NA. I was trying to discuss this through the appeal process, but my ticket gets closed without discussion. 
I am not seeking to override the ban, as other things I said were deserving, I am just concerned where saying "Crap, spot torpedoes.....smh" in response to a personal mission of spot torpedoes is bannable.

Please keep the salt down as again I have no intention of starting an issue or override a ban. 
I want a discussion with company leaders in the game about what is profanity according to their standards. 

Edited to include the screenshot of the word 'crap' being unacceptable.

[image hidden]

• Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[SYN]
Members
3,734 posts
23,563 battles

Hey I typed in "CV's Suck" and it auto-corrected to 'CV's are fine and balanced and everyone is happy comrade"

• Funny 6

[KNCOL]
Members
812 posts
1,885 battles

Oh noes I cans not says ze Badz words.  Literally unplayables

Members
1,739 posts
10,757 battles
7 minutes ago, Camo68 said:

Hey I typed in "CV's Suck" and it auto-corrected to 'CV's are fine and balanced and everyone is happy comrade"

I choose to believe this because of the hilarity. 

• Funny 2

[ARGSY]
Members
21,587 posts
15,660 battles
7 minutes ago, GuessIllJustDie said:

im surprised that every word of the english language isnt an offensive word

Oh it will be eventually.  Just give it time.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[A-D-F]
Members
471 posts
16,168 battles

So in other words one has to get inventive with their "colorful words" and use "long winded technical definitions", "foreign slang" or "Orwellian euphemisms"

Example: " a beast of burden from the equestrian family " ( at least until the algorithm can "learn" sarcasm or to "read between the lines". )

[_SMS_]
Members
936 posts
4,341 battles

It probably has a bit to do with context and usage as well.  

"Good sir, [edited] your ship's progress or you will surely collide with those torpedoes!"

Crap is a bit different - "aw crap!" Might be ok but "I'm going to rip your head off and crap down your neck" might cross a line on acceptable conversation

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
10,516 posts
9,825 battles

If that report is any indication, I don't thing crap was the word that brought this about.

Unless it was something along the lines of "this is a crap team"

[DFNT]
Members
189 posts
5,038 battles

I got a "0-point warning that never expires" for linking  to a Claus Kellerman WOT video that had an inappropriate title. My post was removed. Claus is a WOT CC. 

Several days later someone posted iChase's rant video of getting focused by a CV for an entire game. The video had plenty of obscenities and vitriol. The post wasn't removed and had over 8000 views within days. 

Beats me.

[187]
Members
1,632 posts
12,437 battles

Happened to me as well once....retarded...or mentally challenged.

[WOLFG]
Members
30,613 posts
9,250 battles
11 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

I suspect it was '[edited]' that got you on the list.

Yup, notice how he left that word out when mentioning what he said in the OP.

I used to say that word a lot, and then I married a girl who is a special needs worker at an elementary school....

Thing is, although technically the word got the OP banned, it's the context that got him reported.

Imagine that, consequences for talking crap to a stranger on the internet!

[0456]
Members
488 posts
9,120 battles

lol~i lost a point of karma for saying, "wow" in battle chat.  the next match i blapped our allied cruiser to deletion after losing 3/4 of dd health due do to his careless torps, saying ["edited] him", & got 2 up karma's.  we won the match

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
Just now, Skpstr said:

Imagine that, consequences for talking crap to a stranger on the internet!

Meh, "consequences." Oh be still my heart, I cannot share chat with a large group of what, he is not exactly wrong about, [edited] that drooled so hard I'm amazed they were able to install the game without shorting out the keyboard. It is largely why I have permanently turned my in-match chat off. And yes, being stopped from talking to people, and not having to see their [edited] grunts through the match, has improved the experience.

[WOLFG]
Members
10,516 posts
9,825 battles
17 minutes ago, GuessIllJustDie said:

Hey wait....

So when i use the quick command for cursing... the commander says what the f****... we know whats he saying.. how is that ok for the entitled brats?

Man, I now have a headache from thinking about this.

And how true it is.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,932 posts

I am fairly sure that " company leaders " of the game, the CFOs, VPs etc don't sit around reading the game forum threads.  

• Cool 1

Community Department
3,322 posts
1,300 battles
1 hour ago, BereanHeart said:

I am solely posting this thread to get the attention of someone in authority. I recently received a chat ban and was told specifically that the word 'crap' is profanity and not allowed in chat, and therefore was part of the reason for the ban. I know the forums are different than the actual game, so can someone with authority contact me hopefully directly but more so in this thread to outline the words considered 'profanity' by WG:NA. I was trying to discuss this through the appeal process, but my ticket gets closed without discussion. 
I am not seeking to override the ban, as other things I said were deserving, I am just concerned where saying "Crap, spot torpedoes.....smh" in response to a personal mission of spot torpedoes is bannable.

Please keep the salt down as again I have no intention of starting an issue or override a ban. 
I want a discussion with company leaders in the game about what is profanity according to their standards. 

Edited to include the screenshot of the word 'crap' being unacceptable.

[image hidden]

I see. I've edited the image. 

Spoiler

Capture1.JPG

It's a kind of misunderstanding here. Both sides are right, depends on the context. 
I guess you are right about that the word "c***" in the way you wrote it to the chat. It's highly unlikely to be banned for this.

But still, if you offend others with it, it may be the reason and in this context the answer in the ticket is 100% right. Generally it's still innapropriate in the chat.
That's why we use complaints for the check. Use them please if you see any personal insults.

Your ban was issued for the second word in the ticket, I've edited it. Because it's highly inappropriate.
Thank you for your reply. I hope I've clarified the situation for you and everyone involved. 
If you have additional questions, please contact me via PM. Because such discussions are not allowed by your Forum Guidelines.