TheURLGuy

Public Test of Update 0.8.5: Round 2

16 comments in this topic

[CRF]
Members
325 posts
5,978 battles

Patch notes are listed separately in the Forum here:

Not sure how well the Savage Battles format will test if one needs enough players for four separate teams.

Edited by sonoasailor

[WGA]
Administrator
1,143 posts
13,828 battles
1 hour ago, StoptheViolins said:

Patch notes?

Patch notes can be found in the Public Test section of the forum:

Fem, 

• Cool 2

[OGF]
Members
646 posts
23,967 battles

Can no longer earn premium time.  Is WG under new management?  Can't help but notice one cutback after another these past three-plus years.

[AFW-]
Members
107 posts
5,267 battles

Something need to be done about AFK players. Its at Epic proportions on the PT. I have seen 30+ in ranked battles on both sides. If its on purpose players should be band from the test server until the next scheduled PT! 

[EMBR]
[EMBR]
Members
2 posts
656 battles

I've been playing the game since the start i did the first beta testing and i can say that this PT is a mess Every game ive olayed  ive got booted and in the new battle 5 out of 6 i was very dead 

when i got back on . you cant test if you cant olay so whats the issue?

[MORSV]
Members
147 posts
7,771 battles

Savage battles doesn't work for me.  First try, game locked up before battle started.  Second try, game locked up 50 seconds after joining.

[ARGSY]
Members
11,959 posts
7,609 battles

Multiple lockups, disconnects, and a pink D/C in co-op.

Had one D/C where I got back in and finished the fight, and another where I evidently didn't make it back before the battle was over. That second one was probably the Pink. 

Gave up and went back to the live server, and I'm not the only one who had this problem (live server was fine; it wasn't a client-side problem with my PC or internet).

@Femennenly, @TheURLGuy, there are people who are depending on having every available opportunity to get their 15 random battle wins for the win-a-T6-premium thing. In my opinion, the proper thing to do is to extend phase 1 by 24 hours.

Members
181 posts
12,606 battles

I've experienced a complete game lock-up around the 15-20 second mark into battle during all 5 attempts of the new Savage Battle mode.  I thought I had a corrupt download so a complete uninstall and re-install was a complete 90-minute waste.  All other modes on the PT work fine so what a waste!

Edited by My_no_no_spot

[MORSV]
Members
147 posts
7,771 battles

Random and Co-Op were also unplayable.  Can't even get the crash report since I had to log off and back on windows to even close the game.  You can't complete the missions listed if you can't play.

[JN316]
Members
3 posts
5,769 battles

I posted my game problem in the Developer thread, but I will post a link to my post in this thread since it is on topic here as well. I participate in nearly all PT for the past year, but this one was totally unplayable due to serious glitches. Obviously, the ones I suffered are not applicable to everyone, but these are serious problems that prevented me from even being able to use the port interface to select a ship or start a battle... and it happened on two different computers that are used to run the live game almost every day so not a local computer issue.

Link to my post describing the problems with screen captures: https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/192935-developer-bulletin-085/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-4529291

[CRF]
Members
325 posts
5,978 battles

With what's going on on the Live server, working, and needing at least some sleep during the weekend, as well as normal weekend chores, how are we really to complete 15 wins in random?  Not sure of the win rate on the PTS for randoms, but assuming my 40% win rate from the Live server (yea - i don't really play that much randoms - don't want to subject serious players to my lack of skill), that would be 37 or 38 games to get the 15 wins (if I am lucky!), so say 15 minutes per game (assume short games if I am deleted early), so that's at least 10 hours of play time.  Maximum I can play on a weekday evening is 1.5 hours (includes Friday!), so  7 hours on the weekend, and that's playing time without testing out the Savage Battles scenario! 

Do-able I guess, but that means minimal Live server time for the duration of the PT, and I really prefer to earn those rewards on the Live server. - the container rewards just doesn't seem to be worth the time (and frustration some people seem to have with the Randoms, which hopefully they have fixed with this patch).

Thoughts?

Edited by sonoasailor

[PVE]
Members
3,104 posts
21,599 battles
On 6/5/2019 at 3:05 PM, Wingslinger said:

Can no longer earn premium time.  Is WG under new management?  Can't help but notice one cutback after another these past three-plus years.

You get it in the form of a container now (the prize for finishing the "post apocalypse" combat mission).

That way you can claim your rewards & not have the premium time start right then but instead can save the container & open it when you want it to start.

[E-404]
Privateers
1,385 posts
20,650 battles

I can not enter the PT. Check the schedules on the web page and it should be active

Captura de pantalla 2019-06-13 a la(s) 3.25.30 p. m..png