Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
nastydamnanimal

Rentals in Ranked is GOOD!!

19 comments in this topic

[KW]
Banned
623 posts

First off my apologies to WG 

RENTALS in ranked is good. 

It's the SAVE A STAR guys that instead of positioning kite away and damage farm instead of killing dds capping and spotting thats ruining ranked.

Selfish %@#%!

Edited by nastydamnanimal
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,677 posts
20,725 battles

The MM does not balanced out the rentals between the two teams. I find the MM is rather poor in regards to balancing in Ranks. For example, one team gets all the rental players. How is this fair for the rental team in the rank battle matches?

Update: The MM has the same problem in balancing when it comes to radar ships too.

Edited by Tpaktop2_1

[EGO]
Members
4,105 posts

There was much concern that the the save a star mechanic was not toxic enough.

So they added Rentals and CVs just to make sure Ranked achieved full soul crushing toxicity.

[TBW]
Members
10,583 posts
18,120 battles

WG improved Ranked with rentals, 4 rentals on my team makes it easier to be the best loser, 4 on the other team gain a star.

• Funny 2

[115TH]
[115TH]
Members
73 posts
14,974 battles

Issues -

1 “Rental Ship”. Why its bad. In order to get a tier 10 Battleship, I had to grind my BB up to level 10. That means I know the strength and weakness of not only my but the other ships class/nationalities and their characteristics. Those that don't are at terrible disadvantage. It got so bad teams were regularly counting who had the most rentals, as it generally resulted in a loss.

• Cool 2

Members
248 posts
12,784 battles
1 minute ago, kingsbishop_7 said:

1 “Rental Ship”. Why its bad. In order to get a tier 10 Battleship, I had to grind my BB up to level 10. That means I know the strength and weakness of not only my but the other ships class/nationalities and their characteristics. Those that don't are at terrible disadvantage. It got so bad teams were regularly counting who had the most rentals, as it generally resulted in a loss.

^ this

It's like saying I can rent an Indy Car to run the Indy 500...

[KW]
Banned
623 posts
12 minutes ago, Botcha said:

^ this

It's like saying I can rent an Indy Car to run the Indy 500...

I have several t10 ships tech tree 

But a few of the rentals I dont have I rented put in a nice cappy and mods and was able too increase my rank with them.

So they help me.

Members
248 posts
12,784 battles
3 minutes ago, nastydamnanimal said:

I have several t10 ships tech tree 

But a few of the rentals I dont have I rented put in a nice cappy and mods and was able too increase my rank with them.

So they help me.

You're a rare animal 

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
4 hours ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

There was much concern that the the save a star mechanic was not toxic enough.

So they added Rentals and CVs just to make sure Ranked achieved full soul crushing toxicity.

And took away Arms Race mode.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,244 posts
24,629 battles

The funny part is watching a video on people whining about Rental Ship players, they do better than a lot of the "regular" Tier X players.  Was watching one where the CC was talking for his 11 minute video about Rental Ships yet the Rentals did better than most their team.

In other words:  People will try to find any scapegoat they can to explain away their failures.  For this season of Ranked, CVs and Rental Ships are those easy to grasp scapegoats.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Members
859 posts
5,902 battles

I just had a game where me and the DD were the only non rentals on our team and the other team had one. How do you think that match played out? :cap_old:

[_RNG_]
Members
787 posts
8,550 battles
32 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

People will try to find any scapegoat they can to explain away their failures.  For this season of Ranked, CVs and Rental Ships are those easy to grasp scapegoats.

pretty much this

[-VT-]
Members
948 posts
27,045 battles
35 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The funny part is watching a video on people whining about Rental Ship players, they do better than a lot of the "regular" Tier X players.  Was watching one where the CC was talking for his 11 minute video about Rental Ships yet the Rentals did better than most their team.

In other words:  People will try to find any scapegoat they can to explain away their failures.  For this season of Ranked, CVs and Rental Ships are those easy to grasp scapegoats.

Partly true but the chances of having someone who does not know the ship or how to really play at tier 10 greatly increases, if you cant admit that then you just not being honest.   Can there be good players in rental of course, just was in a battle the rental Conq play great , however in three other battle the rental played horrible. Naked Moskavas seem all the rage these days. I like the idea of rentals just not in ranked; clan battles, Randoms great no problem.  Not using it as a scape goat either just being honest.

[WOLFG]
Members
30,734 posts
9,354 battles
4 hours ago, Botcha said:

You're a rare animal 

That's just it though, how rare? I'm doing that too, and while I learned quickly that I have no business playing Moskva, (and I wouldn't even try a DD) I do as well or better in rental Montana as the GK I own, and that's with a 16pt. NC captain instead of 19pt on the GK.

For BBs anyway, besides the "holy crap, I can get good hits at over 20km!", the biggest difference between T8 and T10 is how badly they turn at T10.

As far as the gameplay, if you've played a reasonable amount of T8, then you know how badly mistakes are punished in a T10 match, because you've been in enough of them.

IMO, the biggest thing being encountered is the difference between T10 randoms and T10 Ranked.

IOW, maybe that rental guy just beached his Monty, but he'd be almost as unhelpful if he didn't hit the island, because of the playstyle difference between Ranked and Random, and him very unsure of what to do.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,244 posts
24,629 battles
1 hour ago, vikingno2 said:

Partly true but the chances of having someone who does not know the ship or how to really play at tier 10 greatly increases, if you cant admit that then you just not being honest.   Can there be good players in rental of course, just was in a battle the rental Conq play great , however in three other battle the rental played horrible. Naked Moskavas seem all the rage these days. I like the idea of rentals just not in ranked; clan battles, Randoms great no problem.  Not using it as a scape goat either just being honest.

How many Ranked Seasons have we had where people are showing screenshots of their terrible teams?  This was happening before Rentals.

How many times have we had threads talking about bad "Weekend Warrior" players?

How many times have we had threads talking how bad the game has gotten "Because the kids are out of school"...?

How many times have we had threads where people are just showing their terrible teams in Randoms in general?

Low Tiers.  Mid Tiers.  High Tiers.  It doesn't matter.  It's always bad.

Unless you got a fully premade team, one has zero control over what team quality you will get.  Doesn't matter if it's weekend or not, Ranked or Randoms, holidays going on or not.

What's the difference with a Rental Player from someone that FreeXP'd to Tier X and hasn't much experience there?  There isn't.

Even with all this... You know, I know, we all know around here, that there's A LOT of really bad players out there regardless of tier, even Tier X.  Like in Randoms a while back, we had a low WR% Montana that AVERAGED 26K in her, and he did a lot of dumb decision-making in that game.  And he "legitimately" got that ship as it's not a Rental.

Ranked is the epitome of Salt in WoWS.  What's really going on are people always looking for scapegoats.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Members
2,768 posts
7,924 battles
4 hours ago, kingsbishop_7 said:

Issues -

Gonna be totally honest here. The average T10 player I see nowadays is so gut-wretchingly terrible that he doesn't compare that much more favorably to a rental player. Most of the time I see very little difference between them in the end, I still have to tell them not to suicide, or not sit far back in the rear being useless, etc.

I played a rental Conq for a game, just to play around with Conq. Won that one pretty easily, but stopped my Ranked games there.

2 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Ranked is the epitome of Salt in WoWS.  What's really going on are people always looking for scapegoats.

^This is the real truth of Ranked. If people have the ability and patience to try to carry their way through the mode, they will. If not they won't. Some recognize their limits and some don't.

[-VT-]
Members
948 posts
27,045 battles
6 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

How many Ranked Seasons have we had where people are showing screenshots of their terrible teams?  This was happening before Rentals.

How many times have we had threads talking about bad "Weekend Warrior" players?

How many times have we had threads talking how bad the game has gotten "Because the kids are out of school"...?

How many times have we had threads where people are just showing their terrible teams in Randoms in general?

Low Tiers.  Mid Tiers.  High Tiers.  It doesn't matter.  It's always bad.

Unless you got a fully premade team, one has zero control over what team quality you will get.  Doesn't matter if it's weekend or not, Ranked or Randoms, holidays going on or not.

What's the difference with a Rental Player from someone that FreeXP'd to Tier X and hasn't much experience there?  There isn't.

Even with all this... You know, I know, we all know around here, that there's A LOT of really bad players out there regardless of tier, even Tier X.  Like in Randoms a while back, we had a low WR% Montana that AVERAGED 26K in her, and he did a lot of dumb decision-making in that game.  And he "legitimately" got that ship as it's not a Rental.

lol you quote me then just asked questions didn't even try and show how what I was saying was in error

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
429 posts

Rentals destroy having any fun in ranked.  The fact I have to take a carry ship (DD) every match is silly.  Really I would LOVE to take a cruiser or BB as well....but....

Sign in to follow this