Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
EasternSun

Fix the non responsive key commands

15 comments in this topic

[_AFW_]
[_AFW_]
Members
320 posts
6,229 battles

It's getting really bad when i'm pressing Q or E and my ship doesn't turn. Why can't you figure out that if a key is held down i want to turn. I shouldn't have to release the key to get it to work again.

Alpha Tester
1,734 posts
2,514 battles

Use A and D if you want to hold keys. Q and E set rudder positions.

• Cool 1

[_AFW_]
[_AFW_]
Members
320 posts
6,229 battles
29 minutes ago, Nato101 said:

Use A and D if you want to hold keys. Q and E set rudder positions.

Sorry meant A and D :Smile_facepalm:

Alpha Tester
1,734 posts
2,514 battles
2 minutes ago, EasternSun said:

Sorry meant A and D :Smile_facepalm:

Sounds like a problem on your end. Are you pressing too many keys at once?

[_AFW_]
[_AFW_]
Members
320 posts
6,229 battles
1 minute ago, Nato101 said:

Sounds like a problem on your end. Are you pressing too many keys at once?

It started after 8.4 with the unreliable servers. I have a Microsoft Sidewinder Keyboard. It supports 26 keys at the same time, not that I'm pressing that many all at once.

Alpha Tester
1,734 posts
2,514 battles
6 minutes ago, EasternSun said:

It started after 8.4 with the unreliable servers. I have a Microsoft Sidewinder Keyboard. It supports 26 keys at the same time, not that I'm pressing that many all at once.

Wow. That's a lot of key support!

Maybe related to this? Otherwise I have no idea.

4 hours ago, Uber_Ghost said:

I just checked downdetector.  My area...D/FW...is red for ATT.  Looks like someone screwed up the Richardson switching station again.

Not WG's fault.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,899 posts
11,670 battles
1 hour ago, EasternSun said:

It's getting really bad when i'm pressing Q or E and my ship doesn't turn. Why can't you figure out that if a key is held down i want to turn. I shouldn't have to release the key to get it to work again.

Hey it’s been happing to me a lot too I just thought my keyboard was bad but sometimes I have to press release press again ship doesn’t turn right away noticed it after 8.4  . I am buying a new key board anyway because mine is cheap 

[BB-57]
Members
371 posts
14,535 battles

Could it be the island avoidance "auto steer" ? I've noticed I have to fight that when I want to get closer to a rock than the auto-bot helmsman thinks is prudent. The keys won't take an input until you mash then a couple times. With some of the faster or slow turning ships it takes control quite a distance from land.  You'll sometimes hear a slight "ting" as it moves the rudder where it wants you to go.

[JFSOC]
Members
75 posts
5,393 battles
2 hours ago, EasternSun said:

Has happened to me as well. Also I’ve seen my aiming markers be green and not be able to fire the guns on a couple occasions 

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
30,759 posts
9,354 battles
3 hours ago, EasternSun said:

I have a Microsoft Sidewinder Keyboard. It supports 26 keys at the same time, not that I'm pressing that many all at once.

That's a thing?

Well, that might explain why I can't slide over or under tables in Assassin's Creed: Unity.....

Members
671 posts
2,685 battles

I've had the game drop turn commands off and on since starting, usually seems to happen in binocular view. I even have a completely different computer and keyboard from when I started

Edited by Tanuvein

[NUWES]
Members
3,243 posts
11,552 battles
3 hours ago, rjc3095 said:

Has happened to me as well. Also I’ve seen my aiming markers be green and not be able to fire the guns on a couple occasions 

Same here. It happens to me about once every couple of days. I thought it was my imagination and maybe I misclicked the first time but after followup instances I realized it wasn't me. I just assumed it was some sort of lag. 

• Cool 1

[KRAK]
Members
3,718 posts
21,738 battles
6 hours ago, EasternSun said:

This has only ever happened to me if I was holding another key while trying to turn. For example accelerating holding down the W key and then pressing a or d simultaneously occassionally will make that happen. I have never ever had an issue like yours in any other way.

Oh forgot that once in a great while lag causes this also.

Edited by Vaffu

Alpha Tester
1,734 posts
2,514 battles
3 hours ago, Skpstr said:

That's a thing?

Well, that might explain why I can't slide over or under tables in Assassin's Creed: Unity.....

Yep. If you played 2 player games in the 90s with your friends on the same keyboard, this would happen. That's how I know about it.

Members
961 posts
4,605 battles

The only time this happened to me it was actually my keyboard that was failing... in other applications does it respond well?

Sign in to follow this