You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AJTP89

Just Set My Damage and BXP Records!

6 comments in this topic

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,443 posts
4,200 battles

My trusty Montana just set new personal bests for damage and experience, and it was in a Ranked battle!

shot-19_06.04_22_41.24-0041.thumb.jpg.1fbe075664de7c28b008181f4d6bc52f.jpg

shot-19_06.04_22_41.28-0630.thumb.jpg.ab2ce97e789e6cc673847e30c3e52456.jpg

shot-19_06.04_22_41.36-0478.thumb.jpg.1292ce962ce8956c94ad3697da7f7734.jpg

This is the first time I've busted the 3K BXP mark (that I can remember), and one of only a handful of times I've exceeded 200K. I knew it was a great game, but the 10K XP hinted it might be a 3K one. It was, and then I started thinking that 264K might be a new best, looked it up and my previous Random record was 206K, and the new Ranked was 264k! Pretty excited, not often I play that well. Especially satisfying since the previous game was an ugly loss.

It was a good battle, both sides did well. We pushed the red shima off the cap, which allowed me to get flanking shots into their ships as they pushed. Multiple citadels, but they still pushed hard against our team. Our Wooster did a fantastic job pushing back the Shima, allowing me to push further while our BBs held the middle. A Salem tried bow tanking, surprised a Yammy over the islands for 35K damage, a very satisfying 27K into a broadside conqueror. Popped around an island to surprise a Montana, who finished our GK, but my next salvo got him. At this point it was me, the wooster still chasing the shima in one corner, and our shima dodging their conqueror, who had sunk our CV against their shima, conq, and CV. I got a solid salvo against the Conq, knocking him down to 1500 HP. I was going behind an island, but the shima finished him off with guns (well played there). I figured I was in for it with their CV, but he went after the shima, and then I found the CV. Cleared the barrels of HE I had loaded for the DD, and the next salvo devastriked him....believe me, outright deleting a Midway with a BB is incredibly satisfying. We never did find the Shima because we won a points a few seconds later. I had some good teammates, and the red team also played well. The good game makes the result even more satisfying.

Added hilarity, the rental Conqueror finished top of the red team.

Ranked is painful sometimes, but games like this make it all worth it. Also, games like this are why I love the Montana.

• Cool 8
  • Funny 1

[FML]
Members
4,091 posts
15,993 battles
5 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

My trusty Montana just set new personal bests for damage and experience, and it was in a Ranked battle!

Very nice! Sounds like a great, close, hard-fought battle by both sides as well.  

Your next challege: do 250k+ damage every battle* :p

*Unless I'm on the red team, of course!! :D

[NATO]
Beta Testers
2,208 posts
7,500 battles

Well done!

If a CV did that, the forums would be awash in cries lol.