Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,256 posts
15,407 battles

Untitled-1.png

News Article: https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/recruiting_station/

Sections:

Whats in the Recruiting Station:

Inviting a Friend to be your "Shipmate"

Your Shipmate and You - What Can You Do?

All about Rewards!

Lets start in the Hub of the Recruiting Station: 

The Recruiting Station Hub can be located in two places:

• Cool 2

[FEM]
2,256 posts
15,407 battles

Whats in the Recruiting Station:

Rewards: 

• 3 different levels of containers - Junior, Seasoned and Veteran
  • 2 choices of purchasing:
    • Single for yourself - Receive a container for yourself.
    • A double pack for your Recruit and you - Receive a container for yourself and grant one to one of your recruits.
  • Different levels of containers hold different rewards.

My Shipmates:

• A ledger of valid referrals.
  • Progress bar of how many Recruitment points you've earned for the week.

Information:

• Provides basic information about the system, click through the 5 bars to see all details.

My Recruitment:

• Quick links for sending out your recruitment over various platforms. 

[FEM]
2,256 posts
15,407 battles

Inviting a Friend to be your "Shipmate":

What you need to do:

1. Retrieve your Invitation link from the "My Recruitment" section of the Recruiting Station Hub
  2. Provide your contact this link. (It should look like: https://warships.us/femennenly)

What your contact needs to do:

1. Go to the provided link.
  2. Accept the invitation by clicking "Accept Invitation" 
    image.png

3. Either:
    1. Register a new account,
    2. Sign in with an existing account. 
      For an existing account to be considered a "Shipmate" it must have one of the following characteristics:
      1. Have never played World of Warships
      2. Or have played less than 15 World of Warships battles in total
      3. Or have played their last World of Warships battle more than 90 days ago
        image.png

4. At this point, they have the option to download the game or can launch the game if its already downloaded:

image.png

After you have your contact have followed these instructions; you should see the following on your Recruiting Station Hub:

image.png

And their name will appear in your "My Shipmate" list

image.png

• Meh 1

[FEM]
2,256 posts
15,407 battles

Your Shipmate and You - What Can You Do?

Under the new Recruiting Station you can continue collecting rewards with your Shipmates after their initial recruitment! There are 3 ways for you to gain Recruitment Points, and 1 ways for your shipmate to receive them:

761dacd2-861c-11e9-abfc-d89d6715223c_120

These Recruitment Points can be redeemed for special containers within the reward section, discussed below.

For you, the Recruiter:

Shipmate played a battle - 10 Recruitment Points

Shipmate played a battle in a Division with their Recruiter - 18 Recruitment Points (add 8 more for a victory)

Recruiter played a battle in a Division with two Shipmates - 22 Recruitment Points (add 12 more for a victory)

For them, the Shipmate:

Shipmate played a battle in a Division with at least their Recruiter -  5 Recruitment Points (add 5 more for a victory)

It should be noted, that a base number of XP must be earned to receive the Recruitment Point

• At least 150 base XP points on a Tier I–V ship.
  • At least 300 base XP points on a Tier VI–X ship.

Making Progress:

As your Shipmate begins to progress with their battles you'll see their "Total Points earned" increase. At the end of the week, you can collect these points as "Recruitment Points" and use them in the rewards section. 

image.png

• Meh 1

[FEM]
2,256 posts
15,407 battles

All about Rewards!

Recruiting your friends to be Shipmates is the gift that keeps giving! Above we outlined how to earn Recruitment Points, but what can they be used on? Within the "Rewards" Section of the of the Recruiting Station, you'll find 3 different container types and two different ways to purchase them:

Container Types:

There are three different containers with different available rewards within them, with the chance to even earn a free premium ship. Junior are the cheapest, with Veteran requiring the most Recruitment points to redeem:

Junior:

bd2d96be-861c-11e9-ac7a-d89d6715223c_120

Seasoned:

bcd88dae-861c-11e9-abfc-d89d6715223c_120

Veteran:

bd2e6396-861c-11e9-b791-d89d6715223c_120

Types of Packs:

There are two options when redeeming Recruitment Points for Containers, you can either redeem an individual container for yourself, or redeem a double pack - where one is granted to a Shipmate of your choice. The double pack is slight discounted as well. 

• Cool 6
  • Meh 1

[RK]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator, Supertester
1,570 posts
23,878 battles

thanks Fem good guide :cap_like: now I understand better the operation of the invitations

[WOLF7]
Members
12,497 posts

I have an idea, why don't you work on the game play, and get back to fun and engaging, rather than simply trying to drag new bodies in....:cap_hmm:

• Cool 2

[KSF]
Beta Testers
395 posts
14,325 battles

Invite friends??? Now??? You have got to be kidding. Fix the new meta and then come back and propose that. 

• Cool 1

[TARK]
Members
5,206 posts
2,134 battles

Pyramid scheme...no, more a multi-level marketing scheme.

For your information, WG...I dont work for you. You dont pay enough, and your business practices are lacking sufficient integrity anyway.

• Cool 4

[NSC]
Members
267 posts
7,292 battles
On 6/5/2019 at 10:33 AM, awiggin said:

I have an idea, why don't you work on the game play, and get back to fun and engaging, rather than simply trying to drag new bodies in....:cap_hmm:

He must be offering to pay for any further development and upkeep for the entire game...

That's mighty generous.

[NSC]
Members
267 posts
7,292 battles

Whoever in wargaming is coming up with scenarios like this that are so convoluted really overshot his skill set... Keep it simple ffs.

• Cool 1

Supertester
38 posts
16,123 battles

Just a dumb long term question, is it possible to get a container that is given out to all of the people you've invited instead of having to pick one? 

[GONE]
Members
227 posts
5,373 battles
On 6/5/2019 at 10:47 AM, JdeMolay said:

Invite friends??? Now??? You have got to be kidding. Fix the new meta and then come back and propose that. 

I agree. Here's why: 1. We had a CV & CA left vs. their 2 DDs in Random. Two bases vs. their one. And we lost on points? We caused more damage than they did, which is the only meaningful yardstick for winning a war & yet we lost?
2. Had 2 BB running side by side. One of them disappeared! Then it reappeared & the other one disappeared!  Make sense to you?
3. My slow, fat BB is just sitting by a mountain & some dufus in a DD runs into me & I get written up & lose points? You should have better coding for that.
4. Someone continually hammers me from behind the tallest mountain in sight. No spotter was ever that accurate!
5. I'm shooting high angle, long range AP salvos at a BB from my BB & I get 10% penetration? No...just NO!
6. Clan/Division battles are not available to the lowest tiers which is where they might be more fun & help to educate some of the newest players. Why not?

So you want me to invite friends to play & then I have to listen to them tell me every day how stupid some of the gameplay is? I DON'T THINK SO!
Your artists are the best & I really like the graphics, but generally, your coding stinks!

Edited by AdmNimitz41
More...

[FEM]
2,256 posts
15,407 battles
On 6/6/2019 at 2:53 PM, ARepressedPotato said:

What about refereed friends from before this update then what do we do about that are those bonuses invalid now or do they count as shipmates from the beginning?

Since this is a new system, there had to be a date where there would be cut-off from rewards from the old system. In this case, friends from the 8th of February onwards were counted toward your current Shipmates. 

On 6/14/2019 at 1:06 AM, piecesofpizza said:

Just a dumb long term question, is it possible to get a container that is given out to all of the people you've invited instead of having to pick one? 

This currently isn't available at this time, but it may be a good addition for the future. I'll put forward this suggestion :)

On 6/8/2019 at 5:53 AM, Pigpen_721 said:

Whoever in wargaming is coming up with scenarios like this that are so convoluted really overshot his skill set... Keep it simple ffs.

Invite friends

Play with Friends

Get Points

Redeem points for freebies

Is the TL:DR / Simplied version :)

[SFBBW]
Beta Testers
1,213 posts
9,832 battles

If it's gotten to the point that you're having to offer monetary rewards (ie, Amazon Credits), to get people to spend time playing your game, and persuade their "friends" to give it a try, that should be a giant red flag that there's some major problems with your game, that won't be solved with a recruiting drive.

[SALVO]
Alpha Tester
330 posts
20,687 battles
On 6/5/2019 at 8:55 AM, Femennenly said:

It's three easy steps:

1. Recruit Shipmates (you need a minimum of 15 battles fought to start recruiting)
  2. Shipmates achieve Milestones
    • Newcomers (Never Played the Game) — Fight at least one non-Training battle in a non-Premium Tier VI ship.

• Veteran (Hasn't Played the Game in 90+ days) — Win 25 or more non-Training battles in Tier IV or higher ships.

3. After the event ends, you get Amazon Credits for every Shipmate who's achieved their Milestone.

Ummmm, non-training battles?  Does this mean coop does not count?   I didn't tell any of my recruits that, was that in the original post on the news site?

If you are going to make a system different than the other criteria, which does not specify battle type, you need to be CLEAR in the instructions.  EG, BOLD key differences, and at least use the same Terminology. 
eg, both the regular recruitment system and the amazon system, have a 25 battle requirement for returning vets, but different criteria for those 25 battles?
https://worldofwarships.eu/en/content/world_of_friendship/

Also, how can I tell how much progress my recruits have made towards the 25 battle count?    Does the recruit have an in game mission?   Does the count show up anywhere at all?    It would be, you know, nice to know which of my invites I have to harass to play more before the deadline.   I had over 30 invites in the old system.   If I have no data at all on their progress, I am not going to try to babysit them with only a big question mark as to the status.

[FEM]
2,256 posts
15,407 battles
On 6/23/2019 at 5:32 PM, arrrgh said:

Ummmm, non-training battles?  Does this mean coop does not count?   I didn't tell any of my recruits that, was that in the original post on the news site?

If you are going to make a system different than the other criteria, which does not specify battle type, you need to be CLEAR in the instructions.  EG, BOLD key differences, and at least use the same Terminology. 
eg, both the regular recruitment system and the amazon system, have a 25 battle requirement for returning vets, but different criteria for those 25 battles?
https://worldofwarships.eu/en/content/world_of_friendship/

Also, how can I tell how much progress my recruits have made towards the 25 battle count?    Does the recruit have an in game mission?   Does the count show up anywhere at all?    It would be, you know, nice to know which of my invites I have to harass to play more before the deadline.   I had over 30 invites in the old system.   If I have no data at all on their progress, I am not going to try to babysit them with only a big question mark as to the status.

The requirements are the same between the two systems. 

Training Battles refer to battles within the training room, which have always been excluded from these sorts of things.

There is not a trackers for the number of battles a recruit has achieved however could be easily tracked via the account summary and total of games played. 

[SALVO]
Alpha Tester
330 posts
20,687 battles
2 hours ago, Femennenly said:

The requirements are the same between the two systems. 

Training Battles refer to battles within the training room, which have always been excluded from these sorts of things.

There is not a trackers for the number of battles a recruit has achieved however could be easily tracked via the account summary and total of games played. 

Ohh, haha, I completely forgot that training battles existed asa mode.  Guess I noticed years ago when I started, but, never used it.    Guess I always look at the top row when selecting battle type and don't look below it. 

[TRIST]
Members
402 posts
3,499 battles

Just a question, do both the Recruiter and the Shipmate still get the Diana Lima and Warspite when their respective goals are met?

[CAG-1]
Members
1,872 posts
On 7/29/2019 at 12:08 AM, Cheeezzy said:

Just a question, do both the Recruiter and the Shipmate still get the Diana Lima and Warspite when their respective goals are met?

No. Just the recruit.

The recruiter however , provided he divisions up with the recruit and the recruit sticks with playing the game, could possibly earn a very nice T8 premium. You can buy these Veteran Recruiters Containers from the website (or in game) and as the recruit plays you earn points to spend like a currency.

I saw some pretty nice ships you could earn like the Kidd or Prince Eugen.  Including the very rare and coveted HMAS Vampire at T3 :)

I've recruited 2 new players, and I'm well on my way to earning one of those containers.

[TRIST]
Members
402 posts
3,499 battles
4 hours ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

No. Just the recruit.

The recruiter however , provided he divisions up with the recruit and the recruit sticks with playing the game, could possibly earn a very nice T8 premium. You can buy these Veteran Recruiters Containers from the website (or in game) and as the recruit plays you earn points to spend like a currency.

I saw some pretty nice ships you could earn like the Kidd or Prince Eugen.  Including the very rare and coveted HMAS Vampire at T3 :)

I've recruited 2 new players, and I'm well on my way to earning one of those containers.

Got it, thanks! Sorry, the announcement was a bit vague on the rewards

Sign in to follow this