You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
kurakensama

CV teamkill

20 comments in this topic

[-CHL-]
Members
6 posts
3,262 battles

Hi. Being a CV player myself I've been offered to the enemy team as teamkill, my position signaled to the enemy and being insulted the whole game, more than once. I heard last night a guy in my clan was in a battle were a DD not only did that, but accomplished torping his team CV doing a backwards countdown. This toxic behaviour must stop. And the answer is NOT banning CV. Is frustrating enough having all my squadrons wiped out every time a cruiser is around and relying only on autopilot for the hull.

I don't know what to do. I'm really tired of obnoxious "friendly" players. Marking toxics DD players one by one is impracticable. What could be done?

Best regards.

Edited by kurakensama
gramatical completitude
  • Cool 1

[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
20,005 battles

Submit a support ticket with replay and the offenders names. Do that immediately after every battle that such offenses are committed. Verbal taunts or action doesn't matter. They are cheating and reports with evidence are taken seriously and punishment is severe.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
Members
6,505 posts

I've never had that happen.  Since I'm the one spotting and doing first damage on the enemy DDs, I guess it's a favor to my team's DDs...

Even if I have a 'Flooding Ribbon' mission, I always lead off with rocket fighters.

My guess is that if a CV op sits in the back and does the old (and worthless) 'Snipe the CV' gig around the side... 

--- Expect some salt to flow - especially if the enemy CV is actively spotting, engaging, and resetting caps.

In the new system, a good CV player doesn't have as much impact.  Unfortunately, having an unskilled or absent one is no change in impact from the old system.

How many times when I wasn't in a CV did I look back and see no activity on my team's CV...  Thinking..  Oh Craap, This is not going to go well.

[-CHL-]
Members
6 posts
3,262 battles

I did that. I cannot raise a ticket for every idiot, that's what I'm saying. That's time consuming and emotionally wasteful. 3 years in the game and I've never ever been throush such a wave of toxic players like this days. Is not enought blocking the chat if they actually start torping you.

[-CHL-]
Members
6 posts
3,262 battles
1 minute ago, AVR_Project said:

I've never had that happen.  Since I'm the one spotting and doing first damage on the enemy DDs, I guess it's a favor to my team's DDs...

Even if I have a 'Flooding Ribbon' mission, I always lead off with rocket fighters.

My guess is that if a CV op sits in the back and does the old (and worthless) 'Snipe the CV' gig around the side... 

--- Expect some salt to flow - especially if the enemy CV is actively spotting, engaging, and resetting caps.

In the new system, a good CV player doesn't have as much impact.  Unfortunately, having an unskilled or absent one is no change in impact from the old system.

How many times when I wasn't in a CV did I look back and see no activity on my team's CV...  Thinking..  Oh Craap, This is not going to go well.

That's what I think. It seems many don't share the feeling nor appreciate the fighters I leave over them.

• Cool 1

Members
369 posts
14,548 battles

Hmmmm rarely got raged in by teammates and never had my position given away nor tked by my teammates while playing CV. Maybe just unlucky with the toxic teammates or you really did something to piss them off. Not sure since don’t have replay

edit- added “while playing cv”

Edited by holycrazyasian

[-CHL-]
Members
6 posts
3,262 battles
7 minutes ago, holycrazyasian said:

Hmmmm rarely got raged in by teammates and never had my position given away nor tked by my teammates while playing CV. Maybe just unlucky with the toxic teammates or you really did something to piss them off. Not sure since don’t have replay

edit- added “while playing cv”

No... usually I'm hostigated from the "action stations" line. Maybe is because my clan name hints my nationality which is not appreciated in the neighborhood. I don't know which clan was the CV teamkilled in my clan mate's battle. I though that behaviour was matter of urban legends, but happened to be real.

So, finally I figured how to enable replay after 0.8.0 (was tricky). Next time I'll come with proofs.

[SALVO]
Members
22,944 posts
23,545 battles
31 minutes ago, kurakensama said:

I did that. I cannot raise a ticket for every idiot, that's what I'm saying. That's time consuming and emotionally wasteful. 3 years in the game and I've never ever been throush such a wave of toxic players like this days. Is not enought blocking the chat if they actually start torping you.

Dude, CVs being TK'd is not so common that you can't suckitup and submit the support ticket.

[SALVO]
Members
22,944 posts
23,545 battles
12 minutes ago, kurakensama said:

No... usually I'm hostigated from the "action stations" line. Maybe is because my clan name hints my nationality which is not appreciated in the neighborhood. I don't know which clan was the CV teamkilled in my clan mate's battle. I though that behaviour was matter of urban legends, but happened to be real.

So, finally I figured how to enable replay after 0.8.0 (was tricky). Next time I'll come with proofs.

Oh, that reminds me, Kura.  Other than submitting a support ticket, what you can do is either send a replay or some screen grabs to the TK-er's clan commander, and ask if this is the sort of behavior his clan wants to be known for.  Or perhaps you could have your own clan commander do it for you, if you feel that the contact should be on a commander to commander level.

Some clans have been known to boot offenders from their clan for this sort of thing.

[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
20,005 battles

@kurakensama You are the only one that can act against those cheating in your battle. If you aren't willing to make the effort consistently you wont see an end to it nor even a slight reduction.

[IND8]
Members
530 posts
8,353 battles

I used to be a CV main in the RTS system. Since the rework, one of my clan mates has far surpassed me in this new CV system. I was in a battle with him and a third clan mate when the other DD started calling out our CVs position in the chat asking them to sink him. Our CV guy said nothing, but the other two of us got very loud in the chat going after this guy. The cruiser guy told me he sent a screen cap of the chat in, and another random guy said he was sending a replay in as well. I may not be a terror in CV anymore, but I can't stand CV bashing.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,039 posts
17,200 battles

Revealing friendly position to enemy is against Eula and bankable offense.

Determine the level of toxicity.

Ribbing or jesting vs insults.

Submit screenshots and or replay to support.

[RKLES]
5,039 posts
17,200 battles

2/3 of friendly carrier players are noobs so they need a break.

99% of those noobs end up on my team.

[PQUOD]
Members
3,085 posts
11,714 battles
1 hour ago, kurakensama said:

Hi. Being a CV player myself I've been offered to the enemy team as teamkill, my position signaled to the enemy and being insulted the whole game, more than once. I heard last night a guy in my clan was in a battle were a DD not only did that, but accomplished torping his team CV doing a backwards countdown. This toxic behaviour must stop. And the answer is NOT banning CV. Is frustrating enough having all my squadrons wiped out every time a cruiser is around and relying only on autopilot for the hull.

I don't know what to do. I'm really tired of obnoxious "friendly" players. Marking toxics DD players one by one is impracticable. What could be done?

Best regards.

I'm a CV player. I've caught toxic comments sailing CV's as well. 11th season of ranked gave my skin a Kevlar quality so verbal taunts in game are pffttt lol. If someone goes so far as to team kill you or give away your position, this is the rare occurrence. First your team mates should come to your defence. Surely they don't want to lose the match, and someone taking out their own CV (or any ship for that matter is very counter intuitive, and just dumb). Then, yes it would be worth your while to complete and turn in a ticket with evidence, video and or screen shot.

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776
  • Cool 1

[POP]
Members
552 posts
6,402 battles
12 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

2/3 of friendly carrier players are noobs so they need a break.

99% of those noobs end up on my team.

I'd rather have noob CV players on my team than rental surface ships in ranked.  Unfortunately the latter seems to be a bigger deciding factor in which side wins.

[RKLES]
5,039 posts
17,200 battles
1 hour ago, HallaSnackbar said:

I'd rather have noob CV players on my team than rental surface ships in ranked.  Unfortunately the latter seems to be a bigger deciding factor in which side wins.

My 3rd ranked battle. Rental Yammy @ rank 11, sat on 1 line farming damage. Last alive, loss. Me rank 14, 4 kills 2 caps....

Guess who saved a star?

Yup, not me...

[NG-NL]
Members
99 posts
7,380 battles

@kurakensama, I am sad this happens to you. I have not seen a CV be made a teamkill, and I hope it is not common for you either.

As dEsTurbed1 said, this is direct violation of the rules.

I quote the English version at http://legal.na.wargaming.net/en/game-rules-wows/ which prohibits
"5.01. Intentionally damaging ships belonging to a player on the same team (team damage).
5.02. Intentionally destroying ships belonging to a player on the same team (team kill).
5.05. Intentionally informing participants of the opposing team through battle or voice chat or through any other communication tool about the location of ships belonging to players of the same team."

If this happened to me, I would

First, turn on replays before I play the game
Second, do not argue. If I think I might report someone, I become very mild. I ask them to stop, but I do not argue back, trade insults or threats, or such. I do not mute, I do not make a threat to report. I just play the game. I want the replay to be perfectly clear who acts badly and who is calm.
Third, I add them to my blacklist (click the name in the battle-end screen).
Fourth, I make a report and attach the replay. https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/10242/

[CAG-1]
Members
1,872 posts

Look at it this way... it's the internet. And when people insult you, take it as a compliment. They insult you because they're salty!

I love harvesting tears. When people moan and complain, I feed it to them even harder. I'm normally a DD main, but the CV's can be used to troll people with unusually big mouths. If they get lippy, just single them out and send a non-stop stream of aircarft their way until they beach themselves and get torped.  :)

[WORX]
Members
6,512 posts
16,196 battles
6 hours ago, kurakensama said:

And the answer is NOT banning CV

I dont think you have an option or  choice in the matter.  All you can do is to defuse the situation by stating the obvious.... Its not me its WG... "Its nothing personal just it is what it is."

IMO you have two options

1. Work on defusing the situation your self with deflective comment to remind the masses its not your fault
  2. Having CVs removed and  DMG balanced properly in proportion to what it goes up against....Not ignoring  surface ships DEFAA or using exploits to further exploit/prove. Why the CV class is the hated class in the game atm..

I dont see the Disdain for the class ending anytime soon... So GL/HF

[FOXEH]
Members
1,711 posts
8,307 battles
On 6/3/2019 at 5:22 PM, kurakensama said:

Yes, you can, you just don’t want to.