You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Dan_nukacola

Rental's in ranked are beyond frustrating

56 comments in this topic

[YETI]
Members
149 posts
6,681 battles

The last seven ranked matches in a row my team has been full of rental ships and the other team had seasoned players in their own personal ships, Every time my team is mostly rentals I know we've lost. I don't know who's bright idea it was to give players that have no clue how the ship plays or works and just let them take it to ranked, but it's negatively effecting Ranked.

• Cool 11
  • Boring 2

[YETI]
Members
149 posts
6,681 battles

Like i'm doing 90-150k dmg a game and we still lose, I've been unable to progress passed Rank 18 due to the lack of team work and ignorance of basic ship knowledge

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,134 posts

People complained about the lack of access to ranked battles since they were locked up at tier ten. WG's solution, give out tier ten ships to people who have never played them...what could go wrong?

• Cool 3
  • Funny 5

[KSD]
Members
246 posts
10,345 battles

I feel ya. Rentals in ranked is not a good idea. Giving a bunch of players some ships they’ve never played in a competitive mode like ranked can never end well.

• Cool 2

[ENDO]
Members
280 posts

Lets see, with Rentals you can:

• Only practice the ship in Rank battles.
  • You cannot dress it in camouflage. 

I cannot see anything wrong with those two issues. You do not need any practice to fire your battleship guns and to a Shimakaze, stealth is so overrated.

• Funny 2

[YETI]
Members
149 posts
6,681 battles

The CV's are mildly annoying due to me playing German ships that burn like the deck is soaked in crude oil but that's whatever, my only real issue is the inexperienced people borderline trolling in Ranked with rental ships

Members
3,095 posts
12,105 battles

Don’t worry, if players using rentals are as bad as you think they are, you will not see any once you get to rank 5.  I wonder who you are going to blame then.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 2

[YETI]
Members
149 posts
6,681 battles

Wasn't blaming anyone...was just stating it was a very poor idea to let people with no experience in those ships play in a competitive game mode...

• Cool 2

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,748 posts
9,685 battles
3 minutes ago, Dan_nukacola said:

Wasn't blaming anyone...was just stating it was a very poor idea to let people with no experience in those ships play in a competitive game mode...

How dare the great unwashed deign to sully your precious unicum strata.  

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[YETI]
Members
149 posts
6,681 battles

i'm not even unicum though .-. I'm just frustrated losing over and over and over no matter how well I do

Members
3,095 posts
12,105 battles
9 minutes ago, Dan_nukacola said:

The very nature of competitive mode is geared toward sorting player into skill brackets as they go up ranks.  If you are better than rentals players, you will be able to leave those players in the previous bracket.  And if you can't, well, then it's not rental player's fault.

[YETI]
Members
149 posts
6,681 battles
3 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

The very nature of competitive mode is geared toward sorting player into skill brackets as they go up ranks.  If you are better than rentals players, you will be able to leave those players in the previous bracket.  And if you can't, well, then it's not rental player's fault.

Well if you actually read what I was saying you'd see that I continuously get to be on teams comprised of mostly rental ships and get to play against teams that have players using their own personal ships with decked out captains, don't just jump to conclusions basically saying "Mad cuz bad"

Members
3,095 posts
12,105 battles
5 minutes ago, Dan_nukacola said:

I continuously get to be on teams comprised of mostly rental ships

And that's after two games in total, right? :cap_popcorn:

5 minutes ago, Dan_nukacola said:

basically saying "Mad cuz bad"

Just so.

• Meh 1

[WOLF5]
Members
3,536 posts
3,808 battles

Yeah, I'm not sure why letting inexperienced players in was a good idea to anyone at WG. One game the red team had a rental conq. He full HP at the back of the map, last one left while we mopped up. His team wasn't happy to say the least.

That said I have also seen rental ships top the scoreboard on both sides of a win.

[YETI]
Members
149 posts
6,681 battles
5 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

And that's after two games in total, right? :cap_popcorn:

Just so.

man you really can't read can you? :P was seven at the time of the post, lost a couple more from then to now

[H-WS]
Members
360 posts
5,769 battles

I think the better option would be to drop ranked back to tier 6 where it started. The game is overall more balanced at that tier, and it gives new players a chance to play.  I personally enjoyed the first few seasons of ranked at tier 5/6 and wish WG would go back to that instead of going for 8/10.

• Cool 1

[YETI]
Members
149 posts
6,681 battles

it's like letting rental ships into clan wars, when you see a team made up of mostly rentals you know your odds of winning are much much higher

Beta Testers
4,534 posts
10,663 battles

Are all 9 Rentals usable ? or is it a rotation ?  

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,232 posts
18,432 battles
42 minutes ago, Dan_nukacola said:

The last seven ranked matches in a row my team has been full of rental ships and the other team had seasoned players in their own personal ships, Every time my team is mostly rentals I know we've lost. I don't know who's bright idea it was to give players that have no clue how the ship plays or works and just let them take it to ranked, but it's negatively effecting Ranked.

WG doesn't care because Ranked was failing and by adding the rentals they have pushed the player numbers back to where the game is viable and doesn't have outrageous wait times in queue lines. They want to keep both clans and ranked at tier 10 because of the money thing when players buy into premium consumables and signal flags. The main reason for the introduction of ships which could only be procured with steel, which at the time could only be gotten through playing in ranked or clan battles, was to provide an incentive for players to get involved in the two playing styles. So I'm pretty sure that regardless of player opinion the powers that be will be keeping rentals alive until player numbers start to drop again.

25 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

That would be true if Ranked was truly skill based, but it's not; it's stubborn based, and if you are stubborn enough to hang in there and endure game after game after game eventually you can fail your way right up to rank 1. Been done many, many times before. You really have to hang in there to do it, but some have and it is definitely possible.

• Meh 1

[LEGIT]
Members
2,210 posts
30,243 battles

I've just begun the misery and started at rank 11.  Only seen 1 rental ship per team so far.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,770 posts
25,228 battles

The problem for many of the newer players is

- to invest the millions you need for the moduls

- not having a 19 point captain build for ranked 

Alone not having CE and the camo modul on a DD render the ship useless.

• Cool 1

[--K--]
Members
6,588 posts
14,343 battles
54 minutes ago, Dan_nukacola said:

Like i'm doing 90-150k dmg a game and we still lose, I've been unable to progress passed Rank 18 due to the lack of team work and ignorance of basic ship knowledge

You are averaging 40k damage with your t10 BB..... not even close to 90k. Stop blaming rental ships.

• Cool 2

Members
3,095 posts
12,105 battles
5 minutes ago, Umikami said:

That would be true if Ranked was truly skill based, but it's not; it's stubborn based, and if you are stubborn enough to hang in there and endure game after game after game eventually you can fail your way right up to rank 1. Been done many, many times before. You really have to hang in there to do it, but some have and it is definitely possible.

Except that you can't.  More specifically, you can't fail your way to rank 1 no matter how many thousands of games you play, I proved it by going over detailed statistics across all ranked seasons some time ago.  You may find an occasional guy with 48% WR in ranked that ranked out in 1500 games, but if you check that player stats in randoms his win rate is like 58%.  I am sick and tired of having to pull a mountain of spreadsheets to prove it every time someone types this lie.

• Cool 1

[--K--]
Members
6,588 posts
14,343 battles
2 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

Except that you can't.  More specifically, you can't fail your way to rank 1 no matter how many thousands of games you play, I proved it by going over detailed statistics across all ranked seasons some time ago.  You may find an occasional guy with 48% WR in ranked that ranked out in 1500 games, but if you check that player stats in randoms his win rate is like 58%.  I am sick and tired of having to pull a mountain of spreadsheets to prove it every time someone types this lie.

I pulled up the top 6 from last season, 4 of them were below 50% in randoms....