Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Wows_Nightly_News

Audacious good now?

7 comments in this topic

Members
1,691 posts
8,495 battles

I've never found Audacious to be effective or fun, but with the speed nerfs I've decided to take her out on a couple of spins. While it feels you are commanding helicopters, she seems to get results. Especially against destroyers.

shot-19.05.29_16.51.10-0001.jpg

[RLGN]
Members
11,664 posts
20,643 battles
51 minutes ago, Wows_Nightly_News said:

I've never found Audacious to be effective or fun, but with the speed nerfs I've decided to take her out on a couple of spins. While it feels you are commanding helicopters, she seems to get results. Especially against destroyers.

Why do slower planes(or whatever,) help?

(I ask out of curiosity, high tiers are not my preferred game play range, as a matter of full disclosure.)

Members
1,691 posts
8,495 battles
19 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Why do slower planes(or whatever,) help?

(I ask out of curiosity, high tiers are not my preferred game play range, as a matter of full disclosure.)

It makes aiming easier and tends to allow tighter maneuvering but most people would say that is a poor substitute for DPM. I think the argument for using Audacious is that since her planes were already slow, they were the least affected by 8.4 changes but I would like to see the numbers on that.

[RLGN]
Members
11,664 posts
20,643 battles
57 minutes ago, Wows_Nightly_News said:

It makes aiming easier and tends to allow tighter maneuvering but most people would say that is a poor substitute for DPM. I think the argument for using Audacious is that since her planes were already slow, they were the least affected by 8.4 changes but I would like to see the numbers on that.

Ah.

Do tend to be able to make pretty tight maneuvers with planes from H, F, and I.

We’ll see with AR; if she channels Azur Lane I’ll need to keep her away from the smolbotes.

Beta Testers
634 posts
1,698 battles

I'm pretty sure they also nerfed the ability to slow down your planes as well leading to an increased turn radius, so idk what is happening that makes you think it's better but it's probably a placebo.

Beta Testers
1,011 posts
4,386 battles

if your sole aim is to hound defenseless destroyers to death, then yes, with the highest rocket plane load, the Audacious is probably pretty decent. Don't expect to get much else done though that either of the other 2 CVs couldn't do better and easier!

• Cool 1

[-DZ-]
Members
279 posts
10,122 battles
16 hours ago, BattlecruiserOperational said:

if your sole aim is to hound defenseless destroyers to death, then yes, with the highest rocket plane load, the Audacious is probably pretty decent. Don't expect to get much else done though that either of the other 2 CVs couldn't do better and easier!

I regret not pushing for Haku tbh and focusing on Midway and Audacious my god Haku AP bombs ooooof 

Sign in to follow this