Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Toxic_Potato

Kremlin - Post Release Info

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
978 posts

-The NA release name is Kremlin

- Credit making appears to be on the low side. 

- NO RADAR - The WIP Ship had a Radar that would pick up BB and CV.  Last for 1 min.  Range 15 KM.  No Radar!!!

- Turning Circle - Not as bad as I expected. 

- Flamu and other CC's will have to do new video's - Ship appears to me to have had Buffs after removal of Radar.   Significantly different from Flamu's video. 

- Scary in the right hands... 

 

My First Game 

- Highest damage ever for me in any BB.  I am an average or below average BB player -  196K

- Only flew Economic flags.

- Did not encounter Yamato or 18 inch Conquerer. 

- Do not show broadsides to this ship.  Many of you have to change the way you begin the game.  Not angled at the start is not going to work. 

- Only 3 sunk. 

- Sunk by getting multiple hits broadside at close range by angry losing team waving pitchforks and complaining about "Russian Bias"'

Edited by Toxic_Potato
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
405
[BS]
Members
1,503 posts
8,054 battles

I thought only the T1-8 BB's were being released?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,780
[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
5,316 posts
17,169 battles
9 minutes ago, Toxic_Potato said:

-The NA release name is Kremlin

 - Credit making appears to be on the low side. 

 - NO RADAR - The WIP Ship had a Radar that would pick up BB and CV.  Last for 1 min.  Range 15 KM.  No Radar!!!

- Turning Circle - Not as bad as I expected. 

 - Flamu and other CC's will have to do new video's - Ship appears to me to have had Buffs after removal of Radar.   Significantly different from Flamu's video. 

 - Scary in the right hands... 

  

My First Game 

- Highest damage ever for me in any BB.  I am an average or below average BB player -  196K

 - Did not encounter Yamato or 18 inch Conquerer. 

- Do not show broadsides to this ship.  Many of you have to change the way you begin the game.  Not angled at the start is not going to work. 

- Only 3 sunk. 

 - Sunk by getting multiple hits broadside at close range by angry losing team waving pitchforks and complaining about "Russian Bias"'

Radar was removed after the 1st instance of testing.  One of the pitfalls of watching CC videos is it's hard to tell which exact version of the ship you're seeing.  Check the dev blog for exact changes in each round of testing.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
978 posts
Just now, Lord_Zath said:

Radar was removed after the 1st instance of testing.  One of the pitfalls of watching CC videos is it's hard to tell which exact version of the ship you're seeing.  Check the dev blog for exact changes in each round of testing.

Thanks- will do that. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
978 posts

I am playing around with the ship. Trying to learn it by yolo to staying back. So far all wins but will be later before I try another max damage game.  

Will update if anything to report. So far very conventional BB without a Spotter plane. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
978 posts

Highest BB Tier 10 AA Rating at 92

Yamato at 60

Montana at 84

Kurfurst 74

Conqueror at 73

Republic at 83

Main Battery guns still turn fast

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,428 posts
12,321 battles
27 minutes ago, Toxic_Potato said:

Highest BB Tier 10 AA Rating at 92

Yamato at 60

Montana at 84

Kurfurst 74

Conqueror at 73

Republic at 83

Main Battery guns still turn fast

 

 

 

Of course...is Russian, Komrade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,529
[PVE]
Members
8,675 posts
15,506 battles
3 hours ago, Toxic_Potato said:

-The NA release name is Kremlin

- Credit making appears to be on the low side. 

- NO RADAR - The WIP Ship had a Radar that would pick up BB and CV.  Last for 1 min.  Range 15 KM.  No Radar!!!

- Turning Circle - Not as bad as I expected. 

- Flamu and other CC's will have to do new video's - Ship appears to me to have had Buffs after removal of Radar.   Significantly different from Flamu's video. 

- Scary in the right hands... 

 

My First Game 

- Highest damage ever for me in any BB.  I am an average or below average BB player -  196K

- Only flew Economic flags.

- Did not encounter Yamato or 18 inch Conquerer. 

- Do not show broadsides to this ship.  Many of you have to change the way you begin the game.  Not angled at the start is not going to work. 

- Only 3 sunk. 

- Sunk by getting multiple hits broadside at close range by angry losing team waving pitchforks and complaining about "Russian Bias"'

The RU BB's lost their can only spot BB radar gimmick way back. They haven't had it since the very early stages of testing.

Kreml got a small accuracy buff right before the release (1.8 sigma increased to 1.9)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
978 posts

NOSE ON!

WOW...no side armor and big citadel = game over. 

I went nose to nose with a Yamato with little damage to either of us. Yamato destroyed by teamates who flanked him.   Very lucky with that one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,795
[WOLF3]
Members
20,267 posts
18,582 battles
36 minutes ago, Toxic_Potato said:

NOSE ON!

WOW...no side armor and big citadel = game over. 

I went nose to nose with a Yamato with little damage to either of us. Yamato destroyed by teamates who flanked him.   Very lucky with that one. 

All the new RU BBs are squishy a.f. from the sides.  It is why after testing the pre-release "Victory Event" RU BBs, I cringe when I saw WG describe these ships as "Soviet battleships are most effective in close- and medium-range engagements, at a distance of 10–12 km from their targets."  The gun accuracy greatly improves but any glimpse of the sides is fatal.

 

I'm sure you could brawl if you must effectively.  You have to be very careful about the citadel the same way a savvy Yamato can brawl in a pinch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6
[MACO_]
[MACO_]
Members
13 posts
1,298 battles

I have encountered the Kremlin a few times while in my Yamato. My initial impression is "I gotta get me one of these!". I went nose on with one and could do virtually nothing to it (Hmm, was that me that got blasted by your teammates?) Honestly, my Yamato seems over matched by the big K, and I have made a point to avoid these when I can. Much like the Stalingrad, she takes a huge pounding and just keeps coming back for more! She is certainly a ship that I am interested in getting my hands on!

Edited by RockstarScotty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,795
[WOLF3]
Members
20,267 posts
18,582 battles
16 hours ago, RockstarScotty said:

I have encountered the Kremlin a few times while in my Yamato. My initial impression is "I gotta get me one of these!". I went nose on with one and could do virtually nothing to it (Hmm, was that me that got blasted by your teammates?) Honestly, my Yamato seems over matched by the big K, and I have made a point to avoid these when I can. Much like the Stalingrad, she takes a huge pounding and just keeps coming back for more! She is certainly a ship that I am interested in getting my hands on!

Kremlin cannot Overmatch Yamato's frontal protection, but Yamato's 460mm AP will Overmatch Kremlin's 32mm bow.

 

As long as Yamato keeps the fight in front of her against Kremlin, there isn't much Kremlin can do.  Yamato will still get LOLPENS on the bow.  I don't know if IJN 460mm AP can Bow Citadel Kremlin, but they will at the bare minimum get AP Penetrations at that location.  Both ships are very squishy on the sides.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×