Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Diison

Stalingrad vs Bourgogne

12 comments in this topic

[PAK]
Members
28 posts
18,164 battles

Yes I know this is the BB forum. Many consider the Stalingrad a pocket bb the way its played...Bourgogne is clearly one.

Does anyone own both? I can one or the other this week. I am better with BBs so I am leaning that direction. Both great ships and unique. I own most of the T10 ships and enjoy the Rep. The speed and gun reload with more shoots looks amazing. Less HPs not so much. I like active play and the Stalingrad seems more sniperish. More prone to CV attacks. With the current Meta I am leaning toward the BB but I want your advice

[-K-]
Members
6,453 posts
10,702 battles

I'm curious to know opinions as well, since I will have enough steel once Ranked starts to get one or the other. 

At this point I'm leaning towards Stalingrad, only because Alsace can do 80% of what Bourgogne can do with zero cost.

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,504 posts
3,211 battles

Dont own a Stalingrad, but I love my Bourgogne to bits. Ran it in clan battles for a bit actually (nothing above storm), and it is very aggressive. It actually is stealthier, healthier, and faster than a stalingrad. I have some great CB replays if you are interested :Smile-_tongue:

In randoms it is just as punishing with MBRB. Slapping a GK for 15k 3 times in 30 seconds is so much fun. A 4.5 minute speed boost (with upgrade) is fantastic.

However of course stalingrad is cheaper and much more meta defining. 

[PAK]
Members
28 posts
18,164 battles
10 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

Dont own a Stalingrad, but I love my Bourgogne to bits. Ran it in clan battles for a bit actually (nothing above storm), and it is very aggressive. It actually is stealthier, healthier, and faster than a stalingrad. I have some great CB replays if you are interested :Smile-_tongue:

In randoms it is just as punishing with MBRB. Slapping a GK for 15k 3 times in 30 seconds is so much fun. A 4.5 minute speed boost (with upgrade) is fantastic.

How is the Stalingrad more meta defining? Sit in the back and snipe? Dont CV punish that?

[-K-]
Members
6,453 posts
10,702 battles
9 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

I also think there is a better chance of Stalingrad being removed from the Armory first, if it ever comes down to it.

[AAA]
Members
660 posts
7,948 battles

I bought Stalingrad to help our clan with CB. In the right hands it’s down right viscous. Those aren’t my hands though. 

We used it a lot at the uncontested cap to crossfire broadside ships but soon Heries started pushing wherever I was. Another ship bow on and it’s had to rack damage. HE is terrible. 

Henries and zaos kept me on fire and if I showed anything other than bow I took multiple cits. 

Stalingrad isn’t my ship, and it is focused fired a lot. If the Moscva is you ship or the Yamato the playstyle is similar and you can probably do well. I play the Alsace well and wish I had the Bourg 

Edited by wstugamd

[-K-]
Members
6,453 posts
10,702 battles
15 minutes ago, wstugamd said:

Another ship bow on and it’s had to rack damage. HE is terrible. 

Correction, HE is non-existent.  Stalingrad has no HE shells whatsoever.

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,504 posts
3,211 battles
40 minutes ago, Diison said:

How is the Stalingrad more meta defining? Sit in the back and snipe? Dont CV punish that?

At least for CBs, the Stalingrad is the super tanky cruiser, the radar king, the pocket battleship. Its strong in randoms, but random battles are their own sort of animal.

I suppose in randoms it is the Bourgogne that is more potent. Stalingrads just get focused, but Bourg will punish even the smallest mistakes made by the enemy. 

[PAK]
Members
28 posts
18,164 battles
52 minutes ago, wstugamd said:

I bought Stalingrad to help our clan with CB. In the right hands it’s down right viscous. Those aren’t my hands though. 

We used it a lot at the uncontested cap to crossfire broadside ships but soon Heries started pushing wherever I was. Another ship bow on and it’s had to rack damage. HE is terrible. 

Henries and zaos kept me on fire and if I showed anything other than bow I took multiple cits. 

Stalingrad isn’t my ship, and it is focused fired a lot. If the Moscva is you ship or the Yamato the playstyle is similar and you can probably do well. I play the Alsace well and wish I had the Bourg 

Thanks man that helps.

[AAA]
Members
660 posts
7,948 battles
9 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

Correction, HE is non-existent.  Stalingrad has no HE shells whatsoever.

Ahem I agree the HE is terrible but she has them. They just are worthless 

[UEFN]
Members
876 posts
16,357 battles

HE from the Staling has good fire chance, great for burning BB running away at max range or bow in trying to tank your AP.  

Between Stalingrad and Bourgogne, the Staling is more versatile and great in both randoms and clan battles, it has a great range to nail BB and Cruisers across the map.  In Clan battles, we found that either we only take only 1 Stalingrad or go at least 4 of them along side a BB.  Weakness is you will get burn down and lose dueling with any DPM ships like DM, Salem or Hindenburg.    The Baloney is fun ship to play in randoms but we avoid using it in clan battles, gimmicky ship only good for catching broadside, low hp, and that whimpy gun can not overmatch any bow in T10 cruisers, it gets burn down VERY quickly like any other french BB.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this