You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MAD_3R_Marauder

Couple of questions from a returning player

4 comments in this topic

Members
59 posts
123 battles

Been away for 2+ years, so I have a few things to clarify/confirm, if all of you don't mind :)

1. Upgrades and skills

It used to be that the listed buffs (like -5% to chance to catch fire for the Damage Control System Mod 1) was applied as a modifier to the chance itself, not as an absolute number, i.e. a DD shell with a 15% chance to set you on fire would have a 15 x 0.95 = 14.25% chance to set you on fire or a BB shell with a 35% chance would be reduced to 33.25% with the DCS-M1 mounted, meaning, statistically, you'd have to be hit by more than 100 DD or 50 BB shells in order to prevent a single fire, which made it totally useless, because when I'm hit that often by HE shells in, well, anything, I'm dead anyway.

2. The wiki states, that "try your luck" doubles your chance of getting a super-container, but what is the chance in the first place - I mean if the chance goes from, say 1 to 2 percent, that isn't worth it (IMO), if it goes from 5 to 10, I'd be very tempted, if it's from10 to 20 (yeah, not gonna be that high), it would be a "all the time, every time" thing.

3. Was there a forum "wipe" or something? I had a couple of posts during the closed beta and the half year after that, but they don't seem to be listed (also my stats in-game show all my 1500 battles in random, while the web-page's stats show just my recent 120)

4. When I got back, I was greeted with a "log in every day and earn rewards" thing, that went on for like two weeks. This doesn't show up anymore, so I assume this was a one-time only thing unlike in [edited], where it was a repeating, weekly thing?

Ok, that's it for now, see you at sea.

[_RNG_]
Members
111 posts
5,100 battles

1. I'm pretty sure that's how it works. There are tons of YouTube videos, some by Wargaming that better explain these mechanics.

2. The general consensus is 1-1.5% on try your luck. It is recommended now to get the resources container as you can get ships, upgrades, flags and camos with coal, but it takes a while to build the stock up.

3. I have no clue, I only returned to the game last May, and only started posting around October-November.

4. Wargaming put a couple systems in for daily rewards. Everyday, if you pass certain cumulative Base XP marks, you can earn Credits, flags, camo, coal and other little things. Also, during events, there will be log in rewards that run for 2 weeks. These are a worth slightly more and contain premium time and event containers, as well as camos and consumables.

• Cool 1

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
7,836 posts
18,456 battles

Two years away. You are in for quite a SHOCK ahhh hmmm surprise.

Members
59 posts
123 battles

First, thanks for the heads up.

Also, I have an update on the forum thingy - I'm an idiot, lol.

I didn't realize this is the US forum (it actually doesn't say so anywhere on the site), only when I looked over my profile for the umpteenth time, did I notice the "us" in the URL (and yes, I have an alt-account to play on the US server with those 100-something matches)