You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
saintsfan1622000

Naval Battles going back to base XP?

128 comments in this topic

Supertester
595 posts
14,833 battles

Hello. I see the prep stage requirement is back to XP. It was damage last week.

Does this mean the bars for the stars will go back to base XP from damage? 

My clan, R-F, is a top naval battle team. We much preferred the base XP as it was more challenging, encouraged division and there was no way to "game it" as there was with damage in co-op. 

I really hope it's back to base XP. Damage just does not work. 

@Femennenly

@Kami

@Sub_Octavian

@Gneisenau013

Edited by saintsfan1622000
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 16

[ARGSY]
Members
20,001 posts
14,281 battles

Damage worked very well for lesser clans with not-so-top players in lower tier ships and also co-op mains because it let them compete.

Your post smacks of the worst sort of elitism.

• Cool 19
  • Meh 3

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
3 minutes ago, saintsfan1622000 said:

My clan, R-F, is a top naval battle team. We much preferred the base XP as it was more challenging, encouraged division and there was no way to "game it" as there was with damage in co-op. 

@Femennenly

@Kami

@Sub_Octavian

@Gneisenau013

Yes, Naval Battles only did damage targets for two weeks and then back to base XP. Looks like a test.

I can say that based on how many of my clan played with damage as the target as compared as to how few play with base XP as the target, I would like to see it come back permanently to damage.

@Femennenly, @Kami, @Sub_Octavian, @Gneisenau013, PVE clan votes for damage.

• Cool 19
  • Meh 2

[WOLFC]
Members
2,865 posts
16,247 battles
9 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

... I can say that based on how many of my clan played with damage as the target as compared as to how few play with base XP as the target, I would like to see it come back permanently to damage. ...

I agree ... we had a lot more of the clan participating (with it set to damage) ... AND people were having FUN and communicating more. 

That is, after all, the primary purpose of a game ... having fun.

• Cool 4
  • Meh 1

Members
3 posts
418 battles

I would like it to go back to damage, just for the simple fact we have Academy Clan with 7 members that are playing low tier, it gives them something to compete in, unlike the rest of the Battles that are for high tier only, if you want to keep the player population interested in the game then give them something to compete in. They stand no chance in Base Xp when they are put up against CIS teams with 7 members that are nothing but Tier X players.

• Cool 1

[ALWC]
Members
1,180 posts
13,998 battles

Damage doesn’t depend on winning once you get to 1500 base xp. It’s hard to do much more than. 1200 xp in a loss. 

Damage is a better indicator of individual play. 

Team play is clan battles. 

I would like to see damage permanently 

• Cool 3

Supertester
595 posts
14,833 battles
2 minutes ago, wstugamd said:

Damage doesn’t depend on winning once you get to 1500 base xp. It’s hard to do much more than. 1200 xp in a loss. 

Damage is a better indicator of individual play. 

Team play is clan battles. 

I would like to see damage permanently 

No way. Base XP is the best indicator of how well you do. It encourages div play and playing to win. The way the game SHOULD be. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 10

[VOP]
Members
523 posts
8,944 battles

I personally would prefer damage. As a co-op main it is more achievable than base xp and the needs go up in more realistic goals than base the base xp does. 

• Cool 1

[MALD]
Members
3,879 posts
22,764 battles

I agree with OP. Damage based objectives as we do have them right now are trash. "Deal 20 000 damage" what a joke. No challenge whatsoever, you can go in co-op and literally click mouse1 5 times to get the damage required.

Edited by Preteen
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[INTEL]
Members
3,049 posts
16,740 battles
19 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Yes, Naval Battles only did damage targets for two weeks and then back to base XP. Looks like a test.

I can say that based on how many of my clan played with damage as the target as compared as to how few play with base XP as the target, I would like to see it come back permanently to damage.

Same here. We had far better participation.

• Cool 1

Members
510 posts
14,055 battles

I cut & pasted this from an earlier thread:

Our clan solicits and welcomes players who prefer Randoms, and also players who prefer Co-op...it's written right into our Mission Statement.     We've tried to build our clan as a 50/50 mix of both.    As such, our Co-op members weren't able to contribute to the base xp-based Naval Battles to a very high extent.     Those Naval Battles required a lot of playing from our Randoms members, and we got our butts kicked every weekend.           

Being WG has created clans, and hasn't limited the membership of clans to only those members who prefer Random battles, IMHO this new method is more fair to a larger part of WG's overall player base.     When Naval Battles are base XP-based, WG is basically telling its co-op players, "sorry, we really don't care about you."

For the last two weeks, our Co-op players were able to contribute to the NB points, and they enjoyed being able to participate.   

Edited by ThumperD702
  • Cool 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,565 posts
11,145 battles
10 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

I agree ... we had a lot more of the clan participating (with it set to damage) ... AND people were having FUN and communicating more. 

That is, after all, the primary purpose of a game ... having fun.

Same here we had better particaption .

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,263 battles
18 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

@Fidelis_85, @legozer, what's Argosy's call on this one? 

I'm just happy having any objective to play toward that ends up benefitting my team (clan). Base XP requires some clan wide strategy, and likely benefits clans with very strong player bases over more average ones, but either way I enjoy the challenge and the perks.

I have no strong feelings about naval battles, tbh.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,565 posts
11,145 battles
40 minutes ago, saintsfan1622000 said:

@Femennenly

@Kami

@Sub_Octavian

@Gneisenau013

How do u “game it” in coop its hard to do 40000 or 60000 damage with 7 ships the game is over before you can do 20000 most of the time . 

• Meh 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,479 posts
4 minutes ago, clammboy said:

How do u “game it” in coop its hard to do 40000 or 60000 damage with 7 ships the game is over before you can do 20000 most of the time . 

From what I understand people were diving up for coop, then all but one of the div were wandering off doing nothing and letting one player farm damage off the bots.

That said, I prefer damage to XP in this event.  It was not fun doing well in a random mode match, only to lose and burn an attempt.

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,894 posts
45,112 battles
49 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I agree.  Our clan had more participation when damage was the target.  I would like it permanent as well.

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,573 posts
15,629 battles
1 hour ago, saintsfan1622000 said:

My clan, R-F, is a top naval battle team. We much preferred the base XP as it was more challenging, encouraged division and there was no way to "game it" as there was with damage in co-op

Base XP can be gamed too. Harder, but it can be gamed.

• Meh 1

Supertester
595 posts
14,833 battles
6 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Base XP can be gamed too. Harder, but it can be gamed.

It's MUCH tougher to game XP. No comparison. 

Damage can easily be gamed in co-op. Wayyyyyy too easy. 

• Meh 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,573 posts
15,629 battles
Just now, saintsfan1622000 said:

It's MUCH tougher to game XP. No comparison. 

Damage can easily be gamed in co-op. Wayyyyyy too easy. 

Yes, but they can both be gamed. Actually was talking to one of my deputy commanders about that very subject not too long ago. I can send you a PM, Don't want to encourage bad behavior.

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
1,042 posts
17,722 battles

Base XP may be a better indicator of individual play, but ICOP participation in Naval Battles definitely spiked with damage as the goal. It seems, at least for our clan, more people felt involved and able to contribute with damage goals. The last two weeks were the first time I can recall our people actually chatting about Naval Battles since it started.

Respects,

Am

• Cool 1

Supertester
595 posts
14,833 battles

Again, with base XP, winning is HUGE. So diving is the way to go in randoms. Earning a star feels much better than just getting damage. It's tougher, but more rewarding. 

• Meh 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,479 posts
4 minutes ago, saintsfan1622000 said:

Again, with base XP, winning is HUGE. So diving is the way to go in randoms. Earning a star feels much better than just getting damage. It's tougher, but more rewarding. 

One needs to keep in mind that the vast majority of players, while possibly in a clan, either simply don't or do not play when they can div with others.

We have clan battles that require divs with clan mates, we really don't need yet another mode that ends up requiring it to effectively participate.  It is my opinion that solo players should be able to be effective, in the majority of the game modes.

• Cool 2

Supertester
595 posts
14,833 battles

Well diving is what helps you earn stars. It's a 3-day event every weekend. If you want to take part and earn stars for XP, the best way to do it is the div. If you don't want to take part, then that's up to you. 

• Meh 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
704 posts
28,296 battles
1 hour ago, saintsfan1622000 said:

@Femennenly

@Kami

@Sub_Octavian

@Gneisenau013

Were you born elite or do you practice?

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1