You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DocWalker

I Embraced the "Pig"

8 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
Members
2,876 posts
16,321 battles

I want to thank everyone again for all the helpful tips & suggestions when I was having trouble with the Queen Elizabeth.  :cap_like: :Smile_honoring:

I did use some Free XP ... but not to jump past her ... I added the Range & Propulsion mods, packed on some useful flags and Committed myself to make her work!

And work she has ... I'm becoming more comfortable with each battle.  Not all results are this good, of course, but I'm surprised at just how powerful she can be.

QEP2.jpg

• Cool 1

[TARK]
Members
6,613 posts
2,524 battles

Nice!

I hope to get some good results in her too...though transitioning to a squishier ship compared to Bayern and New Mexico is going to be tougher than anticipated for me.

[TARK]
Members
640 posts
10 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

I want to thank everyone again for all the helpful tips & suggestions when I was having trouble with the Queen Elizabeth.  :cap_like: :Smile_honoring:

I did use some Free XP ... but not to jump past her ... I added the Range & Propulsion mods, packed on some useful flags and Committed myself to make her work!

And work she has ... I'm becoming more comfortable with each battle.  Not all results are this good, of course, but I'm surprised at just how powerful she can be.

QEP2.jpg

I really liked the Iron Duke.

I'm a fan of the King George.

The QE... eh.... I just never really liked the boat, and was happy to move the captain to another boat that I'll actually play.

Alpha Tester
2,409 posts
8,275 battles

The British BBs are right up there with the American as my favorite lines. The German BBs are my least favorite starting at Bismarck. The terrible accuracy/agility makes them unenjoyable for me, which is a shame since I bought Scharnhorst day one and enjoy her a lot. Then again tiers 8 - 10 don't support the get up and close to the reds playstyle.

[FML]
Members
3,942 posts
15,503 battles
1 hour ago, DocWalker said:

I want to thank everyone again for all the helpful tips & suggestions when I was having trouble with the Queen Elizabeth. 

Good show! Glad you made the QE work for you. At some point you’ll have to teach me.

My experience with the QE was unfun - it was a cursed ship. Got about 50% more than the server average damage in her, but only a 44% WR iirc. And no, it’s not because I farm damage instead of shooting important ships like DDs, it was because team kept collapsing again and again leaving a ‘target rich environment’ behind...

[PVE]
Members
6,170 posts
22,432 battles
3 hours ago, DocWalker said:

I want to thank everyone again for all the helpful tips & suggestions when I was having trouble with the Queen Elizabeth

QE & Monarch are the black sheep of the RN line because they have fairly standard HE fire chance whereas the rest of the line is just HE spamming monsters...not that the AP on the HE spammers is bad but most just run the standard HE for the whole line (w/out even checking the numbers) as they hear that RN BBs excel at HE & when they get to QE & Monarch they can't figure out where all the damage they used to get went.

The main tip for either of those is just stick them on AP & ignore the "HE spamming hype" about the RN line while in them.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,142 posts
14,332 battles

@DocWalker, I'm very glad that you and your pig are getting along. She's not a bad old girl, and if you can get past the slow, lumbering ugly bit, she will treat you right and you will be happy together. :Smile_teethhappy:

[EQRN]
Members
2,030 posts
17,490 battles

I’ve read, at least pre-cv rework, the QE could be an AA beast, not sure if that is still the case.