You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
IHateWoWS_Ret_Playerbase

Totally balansed komrade

81 comments in this topic

Members
1,009 posts
8,357 battles

Had a few breathtaking games in the shokaku. Here's the best 2 of them.

Really feels like CV is OP but someone says its fine... sure getting 7 kills is fine..totally fine.

Dont remember the number of DDs games i ruined by crapping on them by just using rocket planes.

Felt really unfair in all my CV games, but I only play CVs so i dont get crapped on by CVs

shot-19.05.19_13.40.49-0555.jpg

shot-19.05.18_19.44.12-0869.jpg

• Cool 7
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 3

[D33P6]
Members
563 posts
4 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

TBH 7+ kills only happen when using CVs.   :Smile_hiding:

I've seen plenty of video's and matches where a surface ship got more than 7 kills. 

A CV isn't the only ship that can do it.  CV's can easily get more kills not because of their alpha strike damage but because we will go after a ship that is near dead who is trying to run and hide.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[D33P6]
Members
563 posts
14 minutes ago, LookUpAndSpit said:

Had a few breathtaking games in the shokaku. Here's the best 2 of them.

Really feels like CV is OP but someone says its fine... sure getting 7 kills is fine..totally fine.

Dont remember the number of DDs games i ruined by crapping on them by just using rocket planes.

Felt really unfair in all my CV games, but I only play CVs so i dont get crapped on by CVs

shot-19.05.19_13.40.49-0555.jpg

shot-19.05.18_19.44.12-0869.jpg

You posted your two best matches out of how many?  Why not post your two worst ones?  Or all your other matches for comparison?

You could easily have played 20+ matches where you hardly had any kills or done any damage and your team loses.  It's easy to pick out your two best matches and say "Hey look how well I played this ship is clearly OP."

I could play 20 matches in a ship and pick out my two best matches and do the exact same thing.

[--K--]
Members
1,343 posts
10,212 battles
2 minutes ago, HeadSplit120 said:

You posted your two best matches out of how many?  Why not post your two worst ones?  Or all your other matches for comparison?

You could easily have played 20+ matches where you hardly had any kills or done any damage and your team loses.  It's easy to pick out your two best matches and say "Hey look how well I played this ship is clearly OP."

I could play 20 matches in a ship and pick out my two best matches and do the exact same thing.

I’ve had 7 kill games in the Massachusetts. Never got 30k XP from it though, Jesus.

[D33P6]
Members
563 posts
6 minutes ago, USMC8sux said:

I’ve had 7 kill games in the Massachusetts. Never got 30k XP from it though, Jesus.

It depends what he had mounted on the CV.  Experience Flags and camo can have a huge boost to exp.

He probably had a large amount of spotting damage.

Should CV's get their experience earned per battle looked at?  Yes, right now its does not take a very long time to grind to tier X. 

Edited by HeadSplit120

[WOLF3]
Members
27,063 posts
23,845 battles
4 minutes ago, USMC8sux said:

Use appropriate bonus camo, signal flags like Dragon Flags, win a match.  It's a bit if a gamble in Randoms because there's no guarantee of a win but when it works, any ship with good performance can bust out some great rewards.  Some of the Operations are also nice in their rewards, especially if you can do them with 5 stars.

[--K--]
Members
1,343 posts
10,212 battles
6 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Use appropriate bonus camo, signal flags like Dragon Flags, win a match.  It's a bit if a gamble in Randoms because there's no guarantee of a win but when it works, any ship with good performance can bust out some great rewards.  Some of the Operations are also nice in their rewards, especially if you can do them with 5 stars.

I’m fairly conservative with my bonus flags, only using one per game unless I’m seriously grinding XP.

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles

I thought this guy posted that he was quitting ;)

Anyways, both those games went the distance (20 minutes), which is extremely beneficial to a CV, since they can attack anywhere on the map from safety.  My bet would be they were both T6-T8 matches, which again benefits the CV greatly.  The second games looks like a case of "thinning the herd" than anything else..which I have no problem with.

Equal tier CV versus BB/CA, I think is fairly well balanced.  DDs get shafted, but CVs seem to be the counter to DDs.  I think adjustments could be made (I don't think planes should instantly be healed to full upon return to the CV...as it stands, all damage to planes becomes irrelevant if you don't kill it) but overall a decent AA boat can defend against a CV reasonably well in most cases.

Once you get into the +2 matches, that is where things fall apart.  T8 AA is nothing to a T10 CV.  T6-T7 AA is nothing to a T8 CV for the most part.  T6 CV can't do much against a T8 BB/CA and T8's struggle against a T10 CV.  Its the same imbalance a lot of people moan about with surface ships, just more pronounced because there is very little "skill" involved for the surface ship against a CV.  Sector your AA, turn your ship, and pray.

• Meh 1

[TARK]
Members
6,611 posts
2,524 battles
4 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

I thought this guy posted that he was quitting ;)

Anyways, both those games went the distance (20 minutes), which is extremely beneficial to a CV, since they can attack anywhere on the map from safety.  My bet would be they were both T6-T8 matches, which again benefits the CV greatly.  The second games looks like a case of "thinning the herd" than anything else..which I have no problem with.

Equal tier CV versus BB/CA, I think is fairly well balanced.  DDs get shafted, but CVs seem to be the counter to DDs.  I think adjustments could be made (I don't think planes should instantly be healed to full upon return to the CV...as it stands, all damage to planes becomes irrelevant if you don't kill it) but overall a decent AA boat can defend against a CV reasonably well in most cases.

Once you get into the +2 matches, that is where things fall apart.  T8 AA is nothing to a T10 CV.  T6-T7 AA is nothing to a T8 CV for the most part.  T6 CV can't do much against a T8 BB/CA and T8's struggle against a T10 CV.  Its the same imbalance a lot of people moan about with surface ships, just more pronounced because there is very little "skill" involved for the surface ship against a CV.  Sector your AA, turn your ship, and pray.

I used to wonder about this...

...then I played Hosho against a primarily tier 3 red team.

I only switched to rockets when trying to kill the pesky DD...I failed.

I did, however, get 4 kills and could loiter over a deathball of cruisers with my 3 torpedo planes with impunity.

First time I felt blatantly overpowered...however, we still lost.

Because their only DD knew his stuff and could dodge.

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles
8 minutes ago, USMC8sux said:

I’m fairly conservative with my bonus flags, only using one per game unless I’m seriously grinding XP.

if you are not consistently pulling off big games, thats not a bad way to go.  However, since some of the bonuses can really stack up based on other bonuses, you can really benefit by using multiple.  For example, if you boost both your XP and FXP up really high, trying to keep them as equal as possible (leaning toward Xp if you have to choose), you can get insane XP.

But it does count on you having a decent game.  Nothing like the feeling of getting your boat equipped to the teeth with flags, only to get 1 shot at the first cap.

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,451 posts
6,504 battles

User has only played 21 random games in Shokaku.  Above average stats  but not by a ton.   Clearly from stats this game is not an average..as  matter of fact it his best.   Stats in most other CVs are well below average. Player is an above average player in all his ship overall and has PR considerably better in quite a number of surface ships than this one?   Do you feel dirty and OP in those also?    Clearly just another anti-CV ranter trying to keep spamming the forums with more witty propaganda.          

• Cool 2
  • Meh 2

[--K--]
Members
1,343 posts
10,212 battles
10 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

if you are not consistently pulling off big games, thats not a bad way to go.  However, since some of the bonuses can really stack up based on other bonuses, you can really benefit by using multiple.  For example, if you boost both your XP and FXP up really high, trying to keep them as equal as possible (leaning toward Xp if you have to choose), you can get insane XP.

But it does count on you having a decent game.  Nothing like the feeling of getting your boat equipped to the teeth with flags, only to get 1 shot at the first cap.

I play a lot of squishy ships and DD’s.  Crap shoot on how well I do, since I’m pretty aggressive most of the time.

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
14,921 battles

So...

Where is your thread about minotaur be op?

image.thumb.png.c27e3fe5f58117ed43b5eb26dc310f82.png

Or your kutuzov?

image.thumb.png.27f5d421d7e3a6be0bccfe618d8491d4.png

Or your warspite?

image.thumb.png.9ab3f5f96aacb6586e546d662ce28d35.png

Or your 6 kills with GC?

image.png.d96729e9d3ef34b436a41f9379eb3a10.png

[WOOKY]
Beta Testers
1,580 posts
1 hour ago, LookUpAndSpit said:

so?

Ive gotten 7 kills with a DD and again with a CL.

ban all the things naow??

Members
1,009 posts
8,357 battles
1 hour ago, HeadSplit120 said:

I played only 23 matches in the shokaku.

I think my worst game was when i was the only tier 8 CV in an all tier 10 battle. Managed to do only 40k damage.

But apart from that my avg damage is 80k and i regularly do 100k

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,451 posts
6,504 battles
4 minutes ago, LookUpAndSpit said:

I played only 23 matches in the shokaku.

I think my worst game was when i was the only tier 8 CV in an all tier 10 battle. Managed to do only 40k damage.

But apart from that my avg damage is 80k and i regularly do 100k

You do 89K average in your Kutuzov at t8 at a higher PR and a higher W/R?    So its slimier than your shokaku?    GTFO...   

• Meh 1

Members
438 posts
202 battles
1 hour ago, RipNuN2 said:

I got 8 kills in Acasta of all ships. Not Belfast, not Kutusov, not Conquerer. The friggin Acasta.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,410 posts
15,850 battles
2 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

LOl

I have 7 in the Amagi, Nikolai, and St Louis

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
14,921 battles