You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_RC1138

Updated: T9 Siegfried Soon (TM) (German Cruiser tease)

81 comments in this topic

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts

image.thumb.png.0b52ba352f3d0c5566dc14ff157a3869.png

So any guesses? Obviously a super cruiser right (TIX/TX). Maybe the O-Class? If it is an O, IDK how I feel about a Super Cruiser able to overmatch MOST cruisers at tier, even with just 6 guns. Could be a D or P class, but those would be too undergunned for high tiers and odd at mid tiers.

Update:

It's a T9 O-Class:

German cruiser Siegfried, tier IX

Siegfried has a very large caliber even within the range of other large cruisers — 380 mm. Despite the fact that the ship has only 6 guns, it is more than enough considering their accuracy, which is an unusual trait for large cruisers.

In addition to that, this German Vessel is equipped with a special Hydroacoustic search, increased penetration HE shells and good armor capable of “tanking” enemy shells.

Hit points — 62850. Plating — 27 mm.

Main battery — 3x2 380 mm. Firing range — 20.6 km. Maximum HE shell damage — 4400. Chance to cause fire — 34%. Maximum AP shell damage — 11600. Reload time — 26.0 s. 180 degree turn time — 36.0 s. Maximum dispersion — 175 м. HE initial velocity — 820 m/s. AP initial velocity — 820 m/s. Sigma — 2.05.

Torpedo tubes — 2x4 533 mm. Maximum damage — 13700. Range — 8.0 km. Speed — 65 kt. Reload time — 90 s. Launcher 180 degree turn time — 7.2 s. Torpedo detectability — 1.3 km.

Secondary Armament: 7x2 128 mm.

AA defense: 7x2 128.0 mm. 12x4 20.0 mm. 8x2 55.0 mm.

AA defense short-range: continuous damage per second — 343, hit probability — 83 %, action zone 0.1–1.5 km;

AA defense mid-range: number of explosions in a salvo — 9, damage within an explosion — 1190, continuous damage per second — 569, hit probability — 88 %, action zone 1.5–4.0 km;

AA defense long-range: number of explosions in a salvo — 5, damage within an explosion — 1540, continuous damage per second — 150, hit probability — 88 %, action zone 4.0–6.0 km;

AA sector reinforcement — 25%, sector reinforcement time — 10 s, sector reinforcement shift time — 10 s.

Maximum speed — 33.5 kt. Turning circle radius — 880 m. Rudder shift time — 14.0 s. Surface detectability — 15.1 km. Air detectability — 10.7 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke — 13.8 km.

Available consumables:

1 slot — Damage Control Party.

2 slot — Hydroacoustic Search (action time: 120 s, detection of ships: 6 км, detection of torpedoes: 4 km) / Defensive AA fire.

3 slot — Fighter / Spotting Aircraft.

4 slot — Repair Party.

All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers. The stats are subject to change during testing.

1*ohfZU4aK9v1StMgMDRc2sw.jpeg

Edited by _RC1138
  • Cool 3

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,914 posts
26,891 battles

Easy: Lützow in the planed 4x3 152mm rifles version

The hull is a Admiral Hipper class cruiser

[90THC]
Members
193 posts
9,272 battles

If it is indeed the O-class, I would hope they change the armament to either 3 triple or quadruple 11-inch turrets like Spee has... that would make for a much more balanced (and more enjoyable imo) ship than a weaker Gneisenau as a cruiser.

Edited by CrescentSky

[KWF]
Members
4,362 posts
6,405 battles
3 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Was thinking the same, the bow definitely looks similar. I think she will also be the first CL with 27mm extremities. 

Quick pic for shape comparison 

prE6yTT.thumb.png.6428cb741169eecf66847dfe79c01711.png

Regardless, curious on her tier placement.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 1

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
6 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

The hull is a Admiral Hipper class cruiser

That'd be kinda boring though, not deserving a special "Soon" update. They don't do that for just regular CL's. This has got to be a super cruiser of some kind.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,914 posts
26,891 battles
2 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Was thinking the same, the bow definitely looks similar. I think she will also be the first CL with 27mm extremities. 

T8, same armor then the Hipper but with lol HE spam 152mm.

The turret looks like the Nürnberg ones. 120 shells per minute. A shame that they are not dual purpose :Smile_trollface:

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
8 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Profile still looks close to an O-Class:

ZlLaKXkMfc2oJ2e8sLfLNdoLVxf1bduKygyeIymX

image.thumb.png.0b52ba352f3d0c5566dc14ff

• Cool 1

Members
336 posts
6,436 battles

I wonder if they're going to pull a PEF, make is great, and then nerf it to the deck

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
6 minutes ago, LCPL4ever said:

I wonder if they're going to pull a PEF, make is great, and then nerf it to the deck

If it is indeed an O, that makes it both easy and difficult to balance, as a cruiser with 15" guns, even just 6, at TX is a pain as it is 1 more ship present that can overmatch all their team's Cruisers (except USN/KM themselves) but at the same time, yeah, it's only 6 guns. Perhaps this will be the long sought after brawler Cruiser with great secondaries.

Alternatively, if it's a D or P class, those are more readily balanced against the other Supers, but still only have 6 11" guns so would need something else, perhaps RN Heal or wacky secondaries, to make it viable.

If it's the 6" Hipper, then it's just another boring CL fire spammer, and contrary to what others think, no, I doubt it would have 27 mm plating, especially since they are actively looking to lower, not raise, the plating thickness on CL's in general (although they finally realized 13mm plating on a T8 CL was not going to work for the Bayard (overmatch-able by 203mm guns) and buffed it to 16mm). But it would be easy to balance; basically just a Cleveland w/ better arcs and larger size/worse handling and (maybe) built in IFHE.

Edited by _RC1138

[SFOR]
Members
996 posts
7,895 battles

Looking careful to the image we can see the range finder is too close to the main battery at the bow, so IMO, and i can be wrong of course, it looks to me that it is the P-Class.

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
6 minutes ago, _no_one_ said:

Looking careful to the image we can see the range finder is too close to the main battery at the bow, so IMO, and i can be wrong of course, it looks to me that it is the P-Class.

Perhaps it's my [edited] work monitor, but you can make out the range finder? All I see is the main mast peaking over the haze.

[KWF]
Members
4,362 posts
6,405 battles
3 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Perhaps it's my [edited] work monitor, but you can make out the range finder? All I see is the main mast peaking over the haze.

Truth be told, if you look closely at the stern you can just about see a turret. Seems too close to the superstructure to be Lutzow I guess.

[SFOR]
Members
996 posts
7,895 battles
10 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Sorry about the quality in the drawing.  But is clear that there is no room for another turret in the bow. Or maybe i am crazy lol.

For me it is a P - Class with 2x3 28cm guns. And if so is great news for me. I already have the Graf Spee but if WG wants me to open my wallet is to give me the P - Class and the Tone heavy cruiser.:Smile_coin:

Also i want to add these turrets are too big to be used as 152mm guns. 

distance.jpg

Edited by _no_one_

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
7 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Truth be told, if you look closely at the stern you can just about see a turret. Seems too close to the superstructure to be Lutzow I guess.

5 minutes ago, _no_one_ said:

Sorry about the quality in the drawing.  But is clear that there is no room for another turret in the bow. Or maybe i am crazy lol.

For me it is a P - Class with 2x3 28cm guns. And if so is great news for me. I already have the Graf Spee but if WG wants me to open my wallet is to give me the P - Class and the Tone heavy cruiser.:Smile_coin:

distance.jpg

When I get home I'll have to see again on a better monitor as it is just a pure white haze. Although I get the point that the Rangefinder must peak at about that point, and given the realities of German Super Structure design, it doesn't leave enough room for a Hipper's layout. Likely not an O class either, which I suppose makes sense given the issues her 15" main battery make (same reason the Kron didn't get her 15" guns either) so a P class makes the most sense.

• Cool 1

[SFOR]
Members
996 posts
7,895 battles
2 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

When I get home I'll have to see again on a better monitor as it is just a pure white haze. Although I get the point that the Rangefinder must peak at about that point, and given the realities of German Super Structure design, it doesn't leave enough room for a Hipper's layout. Likely not an O class either, which I suppose makes sense given the issues her 15" main battery make (same reason the Kron didn't get her 15" guns either) so a P class makes the most sense.

For me is perfect. I always wanted a tier 9 Graf Spee.:Smile_veryhappy:

Edited by _no_one_

[KWF]
Members
4,362 posts
6,405 battles
8 minutes ago, _no_one_ said:

Also i want to add these turrets are too big to be used as 152mm guns. 

distance.jpg

I'm of the opposite, I see almost no room on the aft for one more turret. If you zoom in you can discern a small turret mount instead of a second aft turret.

[SFOR]
Members
996 posts
7,895 battles
1 minute ago, warheart1992 said:

I'm of the opposite, I see almost no room on the aft for one more turret. If you zoom in you can discern a small turret mount instead of a second aft turret.

Yes the P - class have the same layout as the Graf Spee. 2 turrets. That turret you see behind the main turret in the stern it appears to be a dual purpose 128mm.

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
6 minutes ago, _no_one_ said:

For me is perfect. I always wanted a tier 9 Graf Spee.:Smile_veryhappy:

Assuming she gets SK/34's, not 28's, it might work, with maybe a slight increase in RoF to make up for the face she has both fewer, and lower caliber rounds than the other Supers.

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
3 minutes ago, Nagato_Kai__Ni said:

It looks closer to O class

image0-136.jpg

That's what I thought initially too, but they are saying there isn't enough room under that haze to fit in the Rangefinder.

Also did you add that rear turret? Because that is much clearer looking on my Work monitor than the WGing pic and if that's the case, then I 100% agree that is the O-Class as that is OBVIOUSLY a 38 SK C/34 turret.

Edited by _RC1138

[SFOR]
Members
996 posts
7,895 battles
2 minutes ago, Nagato_Kai__Ni said:

It looks closer to O class

image0-136.jpg

Interesting . You edit the image? Now i can see the 2 turrets in the bow. O - Class indeed.

[SFOR]
Members
996 posts
7,895 battles
Just now, Nagato_Kai__Ni said:

Not mine... Somebody on the discord that im in made it.. I just reposted it here

Oh ok. Because it looks different from the original.

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
1 minute ago, _no_one_ said:

Oh ok. Because it looks different from the original.

It's the same image for the most part, looks like the saturation was taken down.

• Cool 1

[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,332 posts
20,013 battles

This was on our clan page

Capture.JPG

Thank captain han yolo 

Edited by silverdahc
  • Cool 1