Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Joe_918145

Question ref TKs in OPs

16 comments in this topic

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
454 posts
20,102 battles

Just now in my Aoba when playing Killer Whale I got citadel'd at the beginning of the battle before entering the harbor.  There were no enemy ships spotted, we were still taking down the shore batteries when I got hit.  I remarked in chat that I had been cit'd, but nobody admitted shooting me.  I was sunk at the end of the battle, and when I checked the Detailed Report I learned that I had taken 19,199 total damage.  Since Aoba's HP is 31,900, that leaves 12,701 unaccounted for.

I know TK penalties do not apply in OPs, but at least you should be able to learn who shot you.  

I was hoping one of you guys that play a lot of OPs could enlighten me.  I'm sure the shot was an accident since we were still bunched up from the spawn, but it makes me wonder what would happen if a teammate went nuts and started picking off green ships.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,174 posts
9,512 battles

Some of the forts inside the harbor shoots AP and they deal a ton of damage when they cit.

I believe they are like BB shells.

I guess the forts don't show up in the detailed damage reports

[WORX]
Members
10,594 posts
18,494 battles

Fort DMG maybe ?

Its not a teammate...

and we dont have any video evidence or prnt scn to conclude there was no reds around you

so yeah I am going to its the forts fault.

Edited by Navalpride33

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator
2,907 posts
15,245 battles

Why not go back and watch the replay??

It turn on by default, automatically, in the WoWs/replays

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,086 posts
4,071 battles

There is no team damage in OPs. I've eaten multiple friendly torps before, with no damage taken. 

Must have been a fort. Those things hit hard. I thought they only did HE, not sure if that can cit an Aoba though. Maybe they have AP too.

Not surprising that fort damage doesn't show up. Damage to forts doesn't appear anywhere, so no surprise that no damage from a fort appears.

Also, if an ally had hit you, that would have appeared in the post battle results.

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
454 posts
20,102 battles
5 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Fort DMG maybe ?

Its not a teammate...

and we dont have any video evidence or prnt scn to conclude there was no reds around you

so yeah I am going to its the forts fault.

Here is the replay for the sake of video evidence.  :Smile_Default: 

I've already watched it and realized I had cut in front of Fuso's bow.  I'll watch it again and look for a fort shell heading my way.

20190519_164223_PJSC007-Aoba-1943_s01_NavalBase.wowsreplay  

You only have to watch the first couple of minutes to see what happened.

Unfortunately I was zoomed in trying to shoot a CL when the cit happened.  But even zoomed in if I had been hit by a fort shell I think I would have seen it coming.  And a CL could not cit me like that and even if he did the damage would show up on the damage report.  Even worse, since I closed WOWS so I could view the replay the screenshots of the Damage Report can't be pulled back up.  

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
454 posts
20,102 battles
16 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

There is no team damage in OPs. I've eaten multiple friendly torps before, with no damage taken. 

Must have been a fort. Those things hit hard. I thought they only did HE, not sure if that can cit an Aoba though. Maybe they have AP too.

Not surprising that fort damage doesn't show up. Damage to forts doesn't appear anywhere, so no surprise that no damage from a fort appears.

Also, if an ally had hit you, that would have appeared in the post battle results.

I guess I need to find a whole new respect for the fort shells.  I never saw it coming and it did a ton of damage for one shell.

[WOLFC]
Members
160 posts
14,989 battles

Just watched your replay and you got hit by the fort on the tiny island in the middle of the harbor. If you didn't know, you can click the left mouse button and interactively control your view my moving the mouse around while watching the replay. It does still stay centered on your ship but at least you can look different directions.

[MUDDX]
[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,389 battles

@Joe_918145 You got hit from a port. I have been playing Killer Whale exclusively today with IJN DDs, Aoba and Fuso so far. I have been hit several times by rounds from forts. They did some damage but no Citadel hits.

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,254 posts
2 hours ago, Joe_918145 said:

Just now in my Aoba when playing Killer Whale I got citadel'd at the beginning of the battle before entering the harbor.  There were no enemy ships spotted, we were still taking down the shore batteries when I got hit.  I remarked in chat that I had been cit'd, but nobody admitted shooting me.  I was sunk at the end of the battle, and when I checked the Detailed Report I learned that I had taken 19,199 total damage.  Since Aoba's HP is 31,900, that leaves 12,701 unaccounted for.

I know TK penalties do not apply in OPs, but at least you should be able to learn who shot you.  

I was hoping one of you guys that play a lot of OPs could enlighten me.  I'm sure the shot was an accident since we were still bunched up from the spawn, but it makes me wonder what would happen if a teammate went nuts and started picking off green ships.

There is(unfortunately in some cases) no team damage in operations. You got nuked by a fort.

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
454 posts
20,102 battles
1 hour ago, aardvark7734 said:

Just watched your replay and you got hit by the fort on the tiny island in the middle of the harbor. If you didn't know, you can click the left mouse button and interactively control your view my moving the mouse around while watching the replay. It does still stay centered on your ship but at least you can look different directions.

Thanks for the tip on changing the view.  I owe you one.

OK, I got hit by a fort.  I had no idea that could cause so much damage.  From now on, I'll stay in the back of the fleet.  :Smile_smile:

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,086 posts
4,071 battles
2 minutes ago, Joe_918145 said:

OK, I got hit by a fort.  I had no idea that could cause so much damage.  From now on, I'll stay in the back of the fleet.  :Smile_smile:

This. I've learned by experience that leading the charge in a cruiser will get me wrecked pretty good before the forts get taken down. Let the BBs handle the forts, then move in to deal with the smaller ships. Preserving HP is important in OPs at the beginning, especially if you don't have a heal.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
3,684 posts
22,418 battles

Yes you can't do team damage, our clan have tried multiple times to sink @Kapitan_Wuff with torps, guns & ramming but nothing works........

• Funny 3

Members
1,438 posts
20,188 battles
On 5/19/2019 at 5:37 PM, AJTP89 said:

This. I've learned by experience that leading the charge in a cruiser will get me wrecked pretty good before the forts get taken down. Let the BBs handle the forts, then move in to deal with the smaller ships. Preserving HP is important in OPs at the beginning, especially if you don't have a heal.

Not necessarily true for cruisers. You just need to be aware of what cruiser you are using and just have some situational awareness. A Molotov or heavy cruiser can easily take out all the forts by itself. Just be aware of the two forts inside that fire AP in regards to who they are targeting and when they are firing at ships. 

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
1,212 posts
16,540 battles

While most forts shoot only HE, there are 2 that fire a single 16" AP shell, recognizable by the massive turret on top.

If I'm playing a light cruiser, I go in the southernmost entrance (near the Nassau and DD) to avoid them.

Sign in to follow this