Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Old_Baldy_One

How about Service Cost Reduction for Mercy matches?

7 comments in this topic

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles

Just played a tier 8-10 match (me in Alsace) in which my team did not lose a ship, and Mercy'd the other team 659-0, ending the match.  Ending up losing 40k credits on the match, even though I barely took a scratch, did 100k damage, 1 kill, 1 cap, etc.

I have a small problem with the idea of Tier 9 and 10 requiring really good matches to make money (unless you have premium camo/premium account time of course), but whatever, doesn't seem like they are inclined to change it.  However, matches that end early artificially limit the amount of credits you can get, while still expending camos, flags, consumables costs, etc.

What about, say a 50% reduction across the board in service costs for the winning team if the match ends in a mercy?  Perhaps (long shot) an additional use for the consumables, camo and flags if you play again right away?

As an added benefit, this would provide incentive for people to be a bit more aggressive to try and end the game early.

I don't know that I have played a game in which playing top tier and doing well, was a punishment.  I know most people have credits for days, and this didn't exactly hurt me, but seems like there should be some "compensation" for ending the game early.

Edited by Old_Baldy_One
  • Cool 2
  • Meh 3

[QQ7]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
89 posts
8,935 battles

No, they want to make money from you by buying perma camos or premium at high tiers.

[-KIA-]
Members
3,464 posts
14,780 battles
24 minutes ago, _Prometh3us said:

No, they want to make money from you by buying perma camos or premium at high tiers.

This

Steamroll aren't fun for anyone except the one who managed to trigger the event. But in T9 you can still make some decent profit just by playing well. Only at T10 you really need to pull a very good game to constantly earn credit. And even if you lose credit, the income is still generous enough so you don't lose 200-500k credit for playing.

[SALVO]
Members
24,764 posts
25,773 battles
1 hour ago, AlcatrazNC said:

This

Steamroll aren't fun for anyone except the one who managed to trigger the event. But in T9 you can still make some decent profit just by playing well. Only at T10 you really need to pull a very good game to constantly earn credit. And even if you lose credit, the income is still generous enough so you don't lose 200-500k credit for playing.

That's not the OP's point.  In massacres ended early due to the mercy rule, you don't have TIME to "do well" and earn good credits.  And he's just asking for some sort of service fee mercy rule invoked discount.

I don't know if I agree with the OP's suggestion or not, but it's not entirely unreasonable.

Members
1,853 posts
3,584 battles

Mercy matches shouldn't even be a thing, honestly.  Matches should end when one team either caps-out or kills all enemies.

Members
1,225 posts
5,930 battles

I wish they just got rid of mercy matches in general. The match is unlikely to go on that much longer anyway.

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,668 battles
5 minutes ago, Tekina_ said:

I wish they just got rid of mercy matches in general. The match is unlikely to go on that much longer anyway.

IE, "I wish they would have better matchmaking." And considering that we've been asking for years, and the problem only seems to be getting worse, I wouldn't expect relief anytime soon.

Sign in to follow this