You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Battlecruiser_Repulse

Do we know yet when the rest of the Russian BB tree is coming out?

20 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,027 battles
9 minutes ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

Sorry, I did a cursory search and didn't find a date.

8.4 is looking to drop on Wed, May 29th and is expected to drop the full line.

• Cool 1

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,303 posts
6,266 battles

No specific date as of yet, but I'd bet money that it'll be 0.8.4, which should be dropping at the end of the month going by the duration of this half of the Honor and Glory event.

• Cool 1

[KNCOL]
Members
788 posts
1,749 battles
16 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

8.4 is looking to drop on Wed, May 29th and is expected to drop the full line.

I'm guessing once Russian BBs come out its French DDs then Italian cruisers hopefully?

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,668 battles
7 minutes ago, Koogus said:

I'm guessing once Russian BBs come out its French DDs then Italian cruisers hopefully?

We have nothing on Italian cruisers, as far as I know. It could just as easily be Italian destroyers or battleships. :(

Or, better yet, no Italy ever!

afdc36212e53f2355c6df1cce33befacdd107e16

Edited by Battleship_Elisabeth
  • Boring 2

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,027 battles
12 minutes ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

Thank you. +1.

You are welcome.

9 minutes ago, Koogus said:

French DDs are very likely the next line, summer to beginning of fall. Nothing heard about Italian cruisers yet, so really depends on what info WG got on Italian ships. The less info they got, the longer it would take to make them. At some point, I'm sure the labor to create them would outweigh the return on them.

If we don't get the Italian cruisers, there are alternate CV lines, other line splits, Pan-Am, and/or Pan-EU. I would think alternate CV lines would probably be the quickest as you have the old odd tier CVs already made.

Members
1,697 posts
8,726 battles
11 minutes ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

We have nothing on Italian cruisers, as far as I know. It could just as easily be Italian destroyers or battleships.

They tend to cruisers first when doing a new nation. But who knows it could easily be a second Russian cruiser tree or a pan Asian cruiser tree next.

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,027 battles
11 minutes ago, Wows_Nightly_News said:

They tend to cruisers first when doing a new nation. But who knows it could easily be a second Russian cruiser tree or a pan Asian cruiser tree next.

The only line to note be a cruiser line first was the PA DD line and it did still start with a cruiser. I would be shocked if Italian DDs or BBs came out before Italian cruisers.

Heavy cruiser UK split. IJN cruiser split. US BB split. UK and KM BC lines as a split or separate class. DE/FF lines! No wait, that would have to wait for subs. :Smile_teethhappy:

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,668 battles

Is Pobeda expected to launch with the line, or later? I have no plans to get Kreml. It's not that I don't think it's an incredibly powerful ship, but the run and gun style has always suited me better.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
4,303 posts
6,266 battles
1 minute ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

Is Pobeda expected to launch with the line, or later? I have no plans to get Kreml. It's not that I don't think it's an incredibly powerful ship, but the run and gun style has always suited me better.

Given that it's still in testing and not on the tech tree with a "SOON" label, I'm thinking later. If it was going to drop with the rest of the line it would have been popping up starting about the same time as them.

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,668 battles
2 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

Given that it's still in testing and not on the tech tree with a "SOON" label, I'm thinking later. If it was going to drop with the rest of the line it would have been popping up starting about the same time as them.

I anticipated as much. Oh well. Not that I don't expect Pobeda to get nerfed. But even if it's, by degrees, close to what it is now, it's going to be amazing.

I have a feeling that MM is going to be flooded with Sovietsky players who are waiting for exactly the same thing as I am.

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,027 battles
5 minutes ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

3 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

I agree with this^^

[A-D-F]
7,578 posts
3 minutes ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

A few days ago (maybe a bit longer?) you said you were done and "uninstalling".  I am glad you found something in the game that you are interested in.

• Funny 1

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,127 posts
7,992 battles
51 minutes ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

It's impossible to know, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Pobeda does not release with the line.  In a recent Q and A Sub_Octavian was asked about Pobeda, and he answered by stating: 

"It's a WIP ship; pretty soon her testing will be stopped, then feedback and data will be studied and then GD will decide what to do with her for then next test stage. With most obvious options being: to continue with the same concept, but change it to be better/more balanced/better perceived or to try different concept."  

That doesn't sound like a ship that's going to be ready for release in ~10 days time, but I could be wrong.  *Assuming the entire line releases with 8.4

Regarding the Kreml, I disagree.  In its current state the Kreml is pretty poor.  It's not meta or competitively viable, and unlike the Kurfurst it doesn't even get meme secondary builds to offer redeeming value as a "just for fun yolo ship".  Its close range dispersion is not as good as advertised, which makes the ship and its intended play-style pointless.  I know Flamu can be controversial around these parts, but I think he put it best when testing the latest round of buffs to the Kreml.....

Edited by yashma

[UFFA]
Members
2,112 posts
75 battles
On 5/18/2019 at 11:56 PM, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

We have nothing on Italian cruisers, as far as I know. It could just as easily be Italian destroyers or battleships. :(

Or, better yet, no Italy ever!

afdc36212e53f2355c6df1cce33befacdd107e16

tenor.gif?itemid=11891325

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,668 battles
14 minutes ago, Report_CVs said:

Just release it and balance after®

You know, per normal around here. 

I don't mind waiting. I've been doing pretty well in Vlad (61% solo random WR, even with horrible tiering, is nothing to sniff at).

[-K-]
WoWS Community Contributors, Supertester
946 posts
13,353 battles

Hopefully soon. My Asashio wants to greet them all personally. 

• Boring 1