You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
USMC2145

Why do so many assume CV players are bad players.

71 comments in this topic

Members
1,423 posts
7,116 battles

I see this said so many times in game chat "The only reason they play CV is the fact they are bad players". Well many of the CV players I have seen that are good with them are 55%+ players with 1,000's of games played before they even started playing the CV rework. I just do not understand why so many think just because someone plays CV they are bad in other ships. Many of the CV players are just plain good at the game period. 

• Cool 4
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 4

[WOLF3]
Members
27,010 posts
23,803 battles
6 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

I see this said so many times in game chat "The only reason they play CV is the fact they are bad players". Well many of the CV players I have seen that are good with them are 55%+ players with 1,000's of games played before they even started playing the CV rework. I just do not understand why so many think just because someone plays CV they are bad in other ships. Many of the CV players are just plain good at the game period. 

It's because the people we have out here don't know what they're talking about.  You can find bad players playing any of these ships.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 3

[RM-I]
[RM-I]
Members
960 posts
9,462 battles

I literally never see this argument in chat. It’s usually, oh great, there’s a cv. (I’m usually the one saying it). 

In matches where there isn’t a cv, I usually say- marked safe from cvs this match.

• Cool 2

Members
1,697 posts
8,726 battles
14 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

1 minute ago, pastore123 said:

I literally never see this argument in chat. It’s usually, oh great, there’s a cv. (I’m usually the one saying it). 

In matches where there isn’t a cv, I usually say- marked safe from cvs this match.

I see this more on the forums than in chat but I have seen it before.

It's pretty much a law of gaming that you will find this sort of player. "I am the best there anyone who bests me is cheating or using a non-legitimate strategy."

• Cool 2

[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,181 battles

CV is just the current scapegoat for bad players playing bad.  I appreciate the intel that CVs are able to provide me for planning the demise of the enemy.   I'm tired of hearing whiners though -- well tired of it.   If I wanted to hear a crybaby, I'd have one. 

• Cool 2
  • Meh 5

[ENDO]
Members
282 posts

The only time I heard CV captains are bad players was the first three days of the initial release. The term bad meant that they were abusing the exploits WG freely gave them. 

[RM-I]
[RM-I]
Members
960 posts
9,462 battles
Just now, Wows_Nightly_News said:

I see this more on the forums than in chat but I have seen it before.

It's pretty much a law of gaming that you will find this sort of player. "I am the best there anyone who bests me is cheating or using a non-legitimate strategy."

I’ve not even noticed it in the forums. Calling people that play cvs bad players? I’ve heard other things, but not this one. 

[RM-I]
[RM-I]
Members
960 posts
9,462 battles
1 minute ago, NoSoMo said:

CV is just the current scapegoat for bad players playing bad.  I appreciate the intel that CVs are able to provide me for planning the demise of the enemy.   I'm tired of hearing whiners though -- well tired of it.   If I wanted to hear a crybaby, I'd have one. 

You’re complaining about complainers right now. 

[55UP]
Members
405 posts
2,813 battles
5 minutes ago, pastore123 said:

I say pretty much the same thing in matches without DDs. The gameplay is vastly different when they’re absent. 

• Boring 1

Members
627 posts
699 battles
19 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

Because like all bad players they sit in back while acting like the broken mechanics they abuse to the detriment of everyone else are perfectly fine.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 2

[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,181 battles
3 minutes ago, Highlord said:

Because like all bad players they sit in back while acting like the broken mechanics they abuse to the detriment of everyone else are perfectly fine.

The only broken mechanics of the game are AA, match making, and waypoint control.

[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,378 posts
9,711 battles

Happens every so often, and I've even called it out myself at times and I have no qualms about admitting it.

The reason is simple.  Because CV is essentially an entirely different game, and definitely influences a game more than any one single ship in the entire match, aka the most power to win.  People say that because they see playing the CV as a means to escape the fact that they couldn't make the cut in a regular surface ship, therefore they had to pull out a tool that's just blatantly more powerful.

Although the amusing part is, a bad player is a bad player.  Those same people I have called out are just as bad in their CV as they are in anything else, which is why for a good majority this line of reasoning doesn't even hold up.  You will, however see that there are plenty of players who have their performance propped up by the power of their CV though.

okay CV mafia, i'm ready to take those downvotes now *wink*

• Cool 1

Members
1,739 posts
10,757 battles
33 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

Well then case closed.

[GOOF]
Members
669 posts
5,868 battles
5 minutes ago, NoSoMo said:

Yeah or the old adage 1million smokers can't be wrong. With the numberous threads on the forum about CV,, why is anyone who speaks out against CV play a whiner? 

Are the CV elites the forum NKVD now making sure Noone speaks out against they're precious tactics and huge influence on a match. 

You are tired of people voicing their concerns they Don't  want one class of ship that doesn't even get seen or take any damage most of the time controlling the outcome of every match. 

CV are having a huge influence on the game right now, there is little to no counter against them especially when you shoot down planes and they just heal and come at you again having no consequence for the CV. It hasn't been a few weeks it's been going on for a while now and people who play surface ships don't like the WOWarplanes injected into their game. 

This is the forum people have the rite to discuss how they feel regardless of CV elites calling them all whiners despite CV elites trying to silence them.

• Cool 3

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,263 battles

I just assume they're bad people.

• Funny 1
  • Meh 1

[SFOR]
Beta Testers
428 posts
9,605 battles

Don't think they are bad players. I do wonder,(and it would be interesting for one of the forum stat guys to look into) is whether CV ship stats are superior to non CV ship stats for a large group of the players? I believe this may be the case

EDIT: that is individuals do better in CV's than their other played classes (clarity)

Edited by verkhne
clarity

Members
96 posts
48 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

when their cv Wr says 23% I can safely say they are bad at CV lol

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,878 posts
17,917 battles
41 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

Most engagements involve what I call "battle sectors".  In general, captains are highly focused on their sector.  Good players will keep the strategic situation in the back of their conscious via the mini-map, but the lion's share of effort is what's going on in front of them. 

CVs are the only ship in the game that can pretty much engage anywhere on the map.  This creates an expectation dynamic among many surface combatants.  If the enemy CV is paying attention to a sector, then captains often expect their friendly CV to be paying attention to the same sector.  If not, the captain gets pelted by air attacks and has no friendly cap fighters helping out.  This tends to lend to a thought process that the friendly CV sucks.  And from a sector standpoint, the CV isn't defending that sector, it's easy to see why one would draw that conclusion.

The key to not sucking in CV is engaging in the sector that is the most critical; the one where the CV can do the most to help the win.  A good CV captain, playing a good game, might never enter a particular sector....because the captain never saw the necessity.  It's also possible a ship in that sector could have been decimated by enemy CV air, lending that captain to proclaim how much the friendly CV sucks.  Suck is a relative thing.  From that captain's standpoint, he didn't get any cap...no fighters...and became a punching bag.  From the standpoint of protecting that ship...that captain...that sector...yeah, the friendly CV did indeed suck.  But the great things the CV did in the critical sectors won the game...which dwarfs any local tactical absence of lesser importance.

All that said, if a CV spends all their time in sectors that don't contribute to the win, then yeah...that captain sucks...even if he does a magnificent job defending the ships in that sector.

[USFF]
Members
434 posts
6,957 battles
53 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

They think all CV players were bots or something before the rework and that we suddenly jumped on CVs when it went live and are exclusively playing those. It’s a common stereotype that’s quite stupid tbh.

[RM-I]
[RM-I]
Members
960 posts
9,462 battles
38 minutes ago, FineousFingers said:

I say pretty much the same thing in matches without DDs. The gameplay is vastly different when they’re absent. 

It has happened before. I don’t see those matches too much. But it makes it nice when I’m in a bb and can push caps care free

Members
96 posts
1 minute ago, Shinzon1 said:

They think all CV players were bots or something before the rework and that we suddenly jumped on CVs when it went live and are exclusively playing those. It’s a common stereotype that’s quite stupid tbh.

Except for the players that actually did do this lol. Ive had guys on forum saying DD is fine to play vs CV and when I check the game history its 95% CV games and 6 DD games in 21 days! Fooking hypocrites!

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[KNFA]
Beta Testers
490 posts
4,987 battles
5 minutes ago, verkhne said:

Don't think they are bad players. I do wonder,(and it would be interesting for one of the forum stat guys to look into) is whether CV ship stats are superior to non CV ship stats for a large group of the players? I believe this may be the case

EDIT: that is individuals do better in CV's than their other played classes (clarity)

Bad players do not do well in the new CVs.

I'm guessing you have never played them.

• Boring 1

[KNFA]
Beta Testers
490 posts
4,987 battles
3 minutes ago, pastore123 said:

It has happened before. I don’t see those matches too much. But it makes it nice when I’m in a bb and can push caps care free

Yeah DDs do make the game a lot less fun and now they have a class that is making their game play a lot less fun (it would have before the rework if the CVs had been played by more). I guess what goes around comes around.

• Meh 2

[RM-I]
[RM-I]
Members
960 posts
9,462 battles
2 minutes ago, X__QC__X said:

Yeah DDs do make the game a lot less fun and now they have a class that is making their game play a lot less fun (it would have before the rework if the CVs had been played by more). I guess what goes around comes around.

I think radar did that. Cvs just make it worse.

if you ask me my opinion though, dds are still surface ships, whereas cvs are not. 

• Cool 2