You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lert

PSA: please don't launch torps from behind allies

16 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,183 posts
19,043 battles

And I do mean literally behind them ...

I was just playing a battle in my Kii and I had to slam on the brakes and rudder hard-over twice to dodge the torpedoes launched from behind me by a pink Shimakaze. Mostly I was already paying attention to him because he was already pink.

"You should just pay attention!"

Yes. I did pay attention. And dodged his torpedoes. His launch denied me access to where I needed to go to keep angled and moving, leaving me at a near dead stop and broadside to enemy battleships. So even if torpedoes launched from behind allies don't do teamdamage, they'll deny your teammates the freedom to move as they planned. I got my citadel blown out because of this aft-hat in a Shima, sending me to an early port.

Nevermind the poor play of just launching extreme range torpedoes from the third line, because he was behind me and as Kii in a TX battle I was playing second line support.

• Cool 7

[HINON]
Members
13,277 posts

I would have hit them if it meant choosing between friendly fire or showing broadside especially now that they deal less damage and the reflection kicks in sooner.

• Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,597 posts
29 minutes ago, Lert said:

I was just playing a battle in my Kii and I had to slam on the breaks and rudder hard-over twice to dodge the torpedoes launched from behind me by a pink Shimakaze. Mostly I was already paying attention to him because he was already pink.

Yes. I did pay attention. And dodged his torpedoes. His launch denied me access to where I needed to go to keep angled and moving, leaving me at a near dead stop and broadside to enemy battleships. So even if torpedoes launched from behind allies don't do teamdamage, they'll deny your teammates the freedom to move as they planned. I got my citadel blown out because of this aft-hat in a Shima, sending me to an early port.

Nevermind the poor play of just launching extreme range torpedoes from the third line, because he was behind me and as Kii in a TX battle I was playing second line support.

Seems to be a significant uptick in pink's and trolls. Seeing quite a few, and I hardly play....:Smile_amazed:

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,459 battles

@Lert Please tell us you sent in a ticket with replay to report this dastardly action.

Just for pettiness. Brakes slow or stop a moving object. Breaks are brief rest periods from ones labor.

Also as a former Supervisor, Quality Time Breaks were what I gave my crew just because I could.

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
7 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Seems to be a significant uptick in pink's and trolls. Seeing quite a few, and I hardly play....:Smile_amazed:

I agree.  I am dodging friendly torps launched from behind me all the time these days.  Also some matches now are almost nothing but torps........gets a bit crazy IMO  Some may like that but I don't.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,183 posts
19,043 battles
5 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Just for pettiness. Brakes slow or stop a moving object. Breaks are brief rest periods from ones labor.

:Smile_hiding:

• Funny 2

[CK5]
Members
1,374 posts
14,359 battles

I agree as well.  Today a Scharnhorst torped me from the backyard and wasn't even close to his intended target.  His torps didn't even have the range to hit his target, just me.  

I stopped getting mad about TK moments, but an apology would have been nice.  Didn't see one, though.  

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
29 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

I agree as well.  Today a Scharnhorst torped me from the backyard and wasn't even close to his intended target.  His torps didn't even have the range to hit his target, just me.  

I stopped getting mad about TK moments, but an apology would have been nice.  Didn't see one, though.  

Seems to me there are more childish foolish players today than there used to be.  Not always but some matches are pretty bad. 

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,258 posts

When you have an event that rewards ship kills, expect people to try to kill ships, including yours.

Members
4,237 posts
9,852 battles
14 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Not always but some matches are pretty bad.  

Some manifestations of total t'wat fecktard play can make you so mad you could bite your grandmother.

[comment is hyperbolic for comedic effect]

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,126 posts
19,213 battles
2 hours ago, Lert said:

I must have posted a thousand times on this subject; I'm sorry it bit you on your kitty rump today. Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and apparently, human selfishness. Hope your weekend gets better.

[RST]
[RST]
Beta Testers
138 posts
8,646 battles
2 hours ago, Lert said:

I was just playing a battle in my Kii and I had to slam on the brakes and rudder hard-over twice to dodge the torpedoes launched from behind me by a pink Shimakaze. Mostly I was already paying attention to him because he was already pink.

Pink Shimi's make me nervous too and I try to avoid them by going to the other side of the map.  But seriously, what knucklehead in a DD shoots torps with allies IN FRONT OF THEM? I resist the urge to load HE and blast them to an early port. But boy, have I ever been tempted from time to time.

[PHD]
Members
1,516 posts
6,484 battles

I can't sit on a high horse since I have regretfully done it, and been done to , though I am often at tier 3 in the bot fur balls in PvE. 

I would think things are better at TX.

Though things like that happen in real life. When the USS Houston, HMS Exeter and allies attacked an IJN invasion fleet Indonesia, an IJN CA (Mogami? ) fired a spread of torps at the Allies, they sank two IJN transports, caused one to beach and damaged another. ( those may not be the exact details as I can't look it up right now.)

Not saying it's excusable,  just a thing we hope to learn not to do.

• Cool 1

[-PF-]
Members
48 posts
3,437 battles

I agree with the sentiment! like GrayPanther2018 above I have done it and had it done to me.

Just one other thing to keep in mind is while in the font line don't run in front of someone who is lined up on an enemy with torps and drive right between the ally and his target.

As an example I was in the lead with my trusty Gallant while another lad in his trusty Gallant was following to my right rear (RR) I was torping to the right at a BB and a couple cruiser's and he kept driving into my line of fire.  So I had to stop and warn him off.  I did this about 3 times and he eventually ate one and kept blaming me for torping him.

So While I did not like hitting him.  the folks in the rear need to be aware of what is happening in front of them.

• Cool 1