You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

Blatant intentional TK cost us the match ( multiple aimed hits )

19 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
2,056 posts

Just capped A was going to go get B as it was wide open.  Already had multiple ribbons , Dev strike, Floods , fires everywhere,  planes shot down. AWESOME round!!  Saw a CA in trouble in the cap , he was pink already . Ran over to save him with my AA and smoke him up.  Saved his [edited].  I say  in chat, going to get B now and BOOM..........BOOM...........BOOM    Three volleys took me down to 100HP  Tried to run away from him and had to leave the smoke I GAVE FOR HIM and plane got me.  GAME OVER!  We lost the game...we had it won!

So I have the replay BUT I hear NOTHING is ever done to these guys.  In MOST FPS games you are instantly KICKED from the game if you do this.  Why not here?????

SO, the FIRST reaction to this thread is a Laughing Emoji  hmmmm  Is this yet another game that is going to the mentally challenged children like so many that die a slow death?   HEY WG.  Clean up the trash around here.  I found this place a couple of months ago and you have made good money off of me.  I CAN take it somewhere else.  Police these Brats.

UPDATE..... SO I see the apparent evidence that hey do not punish people exemplified  by the ANONYMOUS cowards who are mocking a post that any serious adult should find disturbing.    The ANON system here is perfect for these cyber cowards to act the way they do .  I back up every comment I make and not ashamed .. Take away the ANON and watch how few of these little punks still mock threads or gang downvote every post made by certain people.  

Edited by Col_Nasty
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 1

[WOLFC]
Members
1,658 posts
9,465 battles

Submit a ticket to support with the replay file attached. WG does not share any details about any actions they take in a specific instance due to legal concerns.

• Cool 2

[GOB]
Members
2,056 posts
36 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

Submit a ticket to support with the replay file attached. WG does not share any details about any actions they take in a specific instance due to legal concerns.

WIll do now. Thnx  UPDATE.. DONE!

Edited by Col_Nasty
  • Boring 1

[NWNG]
Members
3,072 posts
4,925 battles
8 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

So I have the replay BUT I hear NOTHING is ever done to these guys.  In MOST FPS games you are instantly KICKED from the game if you do this.  Why not here?????

In other FPS, other players are able to join battle, after it starts. In WoWS, once the battle starts, no other players can join, making it more detrimental to remove the offending ship from the game.

ALSO: Just because WG doesn't openly talk about punishments they deal to offending players, does not mean nothing is done about them. Intentional friendly fire, will net him a ban for a couple of days to a week, and we'll never know. Repeat offender, and it'll be longer, and we'll still never know. Repeated too many times will result in a perma-ban, but we'll never know.

Another reason people believe nothing is done about these people: How often do you see the same players in a single day? It does happen, but it's rare for it to happen, as such, making it difficult to keep tabs on other players.

• Cool 1

[SS238]
Members
368 posts
33,433 battles

While WG cannot release SPECIFIC info on punishment for a player, They could still do a better job of letting people know that their report has been received and acted upon.

Why not institute a reward system? For example:

10,000 credits added to the reporting players account for submitting a ticket AND replay

1000 Gold Doubloons when the replay is reviewed AND the complaint is found to be justified.

No mention of what happened to the offender - just a note to the reporter thanking him for taking his time to submit an accurate report. This would go a long way toward letting people know that WG is doing SOMETHING

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles
15 minutes ago, mushmouthmorton said:

1000 Gold Doubloons when the replay is reviewed AND the complaint is found to be justified.

This would be horrible for WG.  They would get thousands of replays a day to review if they did this...maybe tens of thousands.  There is no way they could keep up.  Not to mention, every person who just got salty for some silly reason would be reporting people.

The current system does the job.  Sucks when it makes mistakes and sucks when it costs you a game but it happens very rarely in the big scheme of things.

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
24,801 posts
25,886 battles
41 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

In other FPS, other players are able to join battle, after it starts. In WoWS, once the battle starts, no other players can join, making it more detrimental to remove the offending ship from the game.

ALSO: Just because WG doesn't openly talk about punishments they deal to offending players, does not mean nothing is done about them. Intentional friendly fire, will net him a ban for a couple of days to a week, and we'll never know. Repeat offender, and it'll be longer, and we'll still never know. Repeated too many times will result in a perma-ban, but we'll never know.

Another reason people believe nothing is done about these people: How often do you see the same players in a single day? It does happen, but it's rare for it to happen, as such, making it difficult to keep tabs on other players.

I disagree.  Without hard PROOF, as far as I'm concerned nothing has happened.  In MLB, whenever umpires were punished when the punishments were kept secret, no one believed that they really were punished.  Not the players and not the fans.  It wasn't until after the players DEMANDED that umpire punishments were made public record while they were negotiating one of the major basic player agreements (i.e. the contract between the players' union and league) that the League relented and made umpire punishments public.

Remember how it's a pretty standard thing that people say here on the forum that without a replay or screen shots, any claims by a player about an in-game event didn't happen.  Same thing.  Without PROOF, as far as I'm concerned, NOTHING happened when it comes to punishments by WG.  Forum admins can claim that punishments do happen until hell freezes over.  But without hard proof, I WILL NOT BELIEVE THEM.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,735 posts
7 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I disagree.  Without hard PROOF, as far as I'm concerned nothing has happened.  In MLB, whenever umpires were punished when the punishments were kept secret, no one believed that they really were punished.  Not the players and not the fans.  It wasn't until after the players DEMANDED that umpire punishments were made public record while they were negotiating one of the major basic player agreements (i.e. the contract between the players' union and league) that the League relented and made umpire punishments public.

Remember how it's a pretty standard thing that people say here on the forum that without a replay or screen shots, any claims by a player about an in-game event didn't happen.  Same thing.  Without PROOF, as far as I'm concerned, NOTHING happened when it comes to punishments by WG.  Forum admins can claim that punishments do happen until hell freezes over.  But without hard proof, I WILL NOT BELIEVE THEM.

It is a two-way street.

If WG is going to demand proof before taking action, maybe players should demand proof that action was then taken. 

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,441 battles

@Col_Nasty as I have stated before and other respondents also. Always immediately report in a ticket with replay every TK incident such as this. The reports do get reviewed and if determined to be malicious the offender does get punished.

I report such things every time and include an insistence that WGNA report to us at least monthly how many incidents were reported, how many were reviewed, how many were determined be malicious and what the punishments were. They can do this without violating anyone's privacy. When the results are displayed the only people who will know names are the offenders and WGNA. @Radar_X this really needs to happen. The automatic system is fine for accidental team damage but not for malicious offenses.

@BaronVonTom Novel concept! Bravo! As a super tester you are better positioned to bend an ear or two about this.

• Cool 1

[PIZZA]
-Members-
1,179 posts
26,116 battles

This is where I believe it would be in everyones best interest for WG to do a monthly report to the community on how many bans, what those bans were for, and other actions taken.  They dont need to name any names.  Just let people know what they are doing to protect the integrity of the game.  Seems like a no brainer to me.

• Cool 4

[NWNG]
Members
3,072 posts
4,925 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

That just shows lack of trust, which is entirely understandable, for I too wish that punishments in some degree, are made public.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,428 posts
14,165 battles
48 minutes ago, BaronVonTom said:

This is where I believe it would be in everyones best interest for WG to do a monthly report to the community on how many bans, what those bans were for, and other actions taken.  They dont need to name any names.  Just let people know what they are doing to protect the integrity of the game.  Seems like a no brainer to me.

This but they should name the repeat offenders. The RU WoWP server long before 2.0 banned a huge number of players from using the in game reporting system because of abusing it and they named them on their forum.

Members
5,263 posts
9,958 battles
3 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

So I have the replay BUT I hear NOTHING is ever done to these guys.

What you 'hear' a lot of times is not the truth and this is one of them.  Jingles did a video on it and others in the forums have stated they know people have gotten banned... but - in reality there is no way to permanently ban anyone from an online game.

[APES]
Members
1,488 posts
8,397 battles

Maybe damage done to your team should be taken from your own ship, mirror damage.  Once a player takes a certain amount in a time period, temp ban, etc.

Members
6,621 posts
20,633 battles
3 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

Let me get this straight, someone shot another in game because it is possible? OMG......ban everyone.... the horror....

Members
6,621 posts
20,633 battles

I have never shot a team mate that didn't deserve it, except my real life brother, many times we punish each other for kill stealing. Pink in the new Black.

[_SMS_]
Members
936 posts
4,341 battles

Submitting a ticket and attaching the replay is the proper course as the OP has been told several times. 

Creating a thread about this every time it happens really isnt necessary at this point.  Didnt OP create one of these last week and he posted a screenshot that show that he himself was actually orange in it? 

For the love of god just stop with these threads over and over already. Just submit the ticket and go on about your day.

Members
1,009 posts
8,357 battles
4 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

Just capped A was going to go get B as it was wide open.  Already had multiple ribbons , Dev strike, Floods , fires everywhere,  planes shot down. AWESOME round!!  Saw a CA in trouble in the cap , he was pink already . Ran over to save him with my AA and smoke him up.  Saved his [edited].  I say  in chat, going to get B now and BOOM..........BOOM...........BOOM    Three volleys took me down to 100HP  Tried to run away from him and had to leave the smoke I GAVE FOR HIM and plane got me.  GAME OVER!  We lost the game...we had it won!

SO, the FIRST reaction to this thread is a Laughing Emoji  hmmmm  Is this yet another game that is going to the mentally challenged children like so many that die a slow death?   HEY WG.  Clean up the trash around here.  I found this place a couple of months ago and you have made good money off of me.  I CAN take it somewhere else.  Police these Brats.

UPDATE..... SO I see the apparent evidence that hey do not punish people exemplified  by the ANONYMOUS cowards who are mocking a post that any serious adult should find disturbing.    The ANON system here is perfect for these cyber cowards to act the way they do .  I back up every comment I make and not ashamed .. Take away the ANON and watch how few of these little punks still mock threads or gang downvote every post made by certain people.  

Trolls exist everywhere.

You win a game, you lose a game

Remember its a game not 12v12. Infact its 1v23.

Just move on

[55UP]
Members
405 posts
2,828 battles
4 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

Im so sorry that this happened to you. Sounds like it was an epic game. 

I was playing a game once in a German cruiser. Let off six torpedoes towards a BB without checking my firing lines were clear first. Turned off to engage someone else when I get a notice that I’ve been assessed a penalty for damaging a teammate. Two of my torpedoes hit an allied ship. Oops!

A few seconds later I get another notice that I’ve been assessed a penalty for damaging a teammate. More than one ally was in my firing line. At the same time a message popped up in the bottom right corner that said that FineousFingers had sunk FineousFingers. Due to what the game had determined was a deliberate attack on my allies, I was booted from the game. Lesson learned!

i have no idea what damage threshold the game uses to decide you’ve deliberately attacked your teammate. Tori’s definitely cross the line, ramming and the occasional stray artillery round do not. (Yes, I’ve accidentally shelled my division mates before; they were too close to me when I fired.) But they do kick offenders from the battle. 

Edited by FineousFingers