You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

Listen to the warships podcast more CV nerf?

51 comments in this topic

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts

The warship podcast was talking about cv changes that supertesters are looking at.

WG if you do any of these changes you have jumped the shark and lost all trust. Even if you are a CV hater you have to lose support after these "ideas"

One idea was planes cannot spot anything at all. Stupid

Bringing back stealth AA. Stupid.

If ships have aa off planes cant see them. Stupid.

Planes have no alpha strike now they just sit there for 10 min while other things happen? Stupid.

The real problem here is trust. If you do any of these changes is plain cruel. You bring back cv and alot of people are enjoying them. You sell prem and then tell your customers that they arnt worth it and all but remove them

And the haters going "yea because I hate them so its good" remember GC?

If you do any of these changes we are back to cash refund and be done with it.

WG said on a live stream that cv have to be left alone for a while. Lie?

WG said there happy with prem ships and now a change. Lie?

Most people want the game to be great and spend money but here we go again more and more changes and these changes are worse than the Last Jedi and Game of Thrones season 8 combined.

Let everything sit please.

• Cool 13
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 10

[SBS]
Members
5,901 posts

I think some nerfs are needed.  High tier average damage continues to climb, up from 68,504 last week to 72,676 this week.  Here's the rest of the current data for high tier ships by type.  CV stats are up in every category from last week.

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20190518/na_week/average_class.html

name
damage
caused
warship
destroyed
aircraft
destoryed
base
defense
survived kill /
death
spot
damage
BB 63178 0.73 4.62 4.44 33.22 1.09 16652
CA 52196 0.67 4.45 7.06 30.91 0.97 15237
CV 72676 0.98 6.19 12.47 73.66 3.72 52376
DD 36466 0.66 2.07 5.66 27.69 0.91 25130
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Meh 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,664 posts
14,756 battles

Have you tried just grouping up to ward off CV nerfs?

• Funny 4
  • Boring 1

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,729 posts
6,987 battles

as long they replace my midway with a tench class or barracuda class submarine since they might trash the class in to uselessness.

but then subs become the next scapegoat for moaning and crying.

Edited by Cruxdei
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[A-I-M]
Members
3,013 posts
22,081 battles
16 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

I think some nerfs are needed.  High tier average damage continues to climb, up from 68,504 last week to 72,676 this week.  Here's the rest of the current data for high tier ships by type.  CV stats are up in every category from last week.

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20190518/na_week/average_class.html

name
damage
caused
warship
destroyed
aircraft
destoryed
base
defense
survived kill /
death
spot
damage

No wonder people are flocking to this. I stopped playing CVs shortly after the rework, realizing that its just griefing. I was only playing them to get insight into countering, until I realized there wasnt much of that. 

• Cool 1

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
5 minutes ago, _Starbuck said:

Sorry dude, nothing is worse Than Last Jedi, except Game of Thrones season eight, which is a crime against humanity. But don’t worry, after Dumb and Dumber put the final nail in Star Wars, maybe WG can bring them on-board to work some of their  magic on World of Warships. I mean, it’s all about subverting expectations, right?

:cap_haloween:

Lol ok that is amazing. 

Hopfully WG can get Ruin Johnson to do CV rework 2.0 and dumb and bumber can rework DD rework make some scenarios for us!

As a youtube said once "isn't it great to live long enough to watch all our franchises die!"

Members
6,152 posts
9,801 battles

I'd rather they start buffing instead. All the nerf repeating is tiring.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[_SMS_]
Members
936 posts
4,341 battles
1 hour ago, _Starbuck said:

Sorry dude, nothing is worse Than Last Jedi, except Game of Thrones season eight, which is a crime against humanity. But don’t worry, after Dumb and Dumber put the final nail in Star Wars, maybe WG can bring them on-board to work some of their  magic on World of Warships. I mean, it’s all about subverting expectations, right?

I agree with this 100%.  Rian Johnson almost killed it.  The 2 jokers from GoT can finish it off.  They have proven they don't have an ounce of talent when they don't have the source material to work with.  

• Cool 1

[_SMS_]
Members
936 posts
4,341 battles
49 minutes ago, Pugilistic said:
1 hour ago, Slimeball91 said:

name
damage
caused
warship
destroyed
aircraft
destoryed
base
defense
survived kill /
death
spot
damage

No wonder people are flocking to this. I stopped playing CVs shortly after the rework, realizing that its just griefing. I was only playing them to get insight into countering, until I realized there wasnt much of that. 

Sorry for the double post but this one is actually on topic so i'll take a pass - 

Exactly right WHY PEOPLE ARE FLOCKING TO THIS - i get that they wanted to make this popular....but it shouldn't be made popular because it's built for potatoes or griefers.  It should have some skill wall to pass to be able to do well in.  If the AVERAGE is higher for this ship type for sitting in the back and having virtually no risk and pulling these types of numbers (especially the K/D, survived, spotting - which shows that they are not in harms way at all and still impacting other players experience) and WG and players think that is completely ok then those players and WG are just [edited]  in the head 

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[PSV]
Members
332 posts
8,999 battles
1 hour ago, Desertfox51 said:

Bring on the nerfs, LETS GO!!

Or they can just dodge the CV nerfs.

• Funny 1

[A-I-M]
Members
3,013 posts
22,081 battles
1 hour ago, Reymu said:

I'd rather they start buffing instead. All the nerf repeating is tiring.

They just announced in the dev blog that they are testing more nerfs to CV spotting. I suppose it is to get us to get us to drop the torches and pitchforks. 

Edited by Pugilistic

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
2 hours ago, Slimeball91 said:

name
damage
caused
warship
destroyed
aircraft
destoryed
base
defense
survived kill /
death
spot
damage

Does this include dev striking by a BB? No

Does this include the CV being huntrd by everyone no.

This has less to do with stats than trust.remember GC and moving to t6 amd evrrythead was ablut trust.

You can't redo a class then nerf it every other week. If you cant see that then you need to look harder 

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
2 hours ago, C14Alpha said:

Read exactly what the developers said in the Closed Testing post in the Developer's Corner sub-forum.

Before continuing, read @Femennenly clarification:

Here is only one reason for these test. More nerf. You cannot simply keep nerfing your game. Its looking like they had no idea what to do or did not test before rushing it out. 

It needs to be left alone.

[SBS]
Members
5,901 posts
7 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Here is only one reason for these test. More nerf. You cannot simply keep nerfing your game. Its looking like they had no idea what to do or did not test before rushing it out. 

It needs to be left alone.

CVs can not be left as they are because they are overperforming far too much.  I know you don't want to accept the data but it shows CVs are continuing to climb in the stats.  CVs need nerfs just to stop them from gaining more of an advantage they have over the other ships, then more nerfs to bring them in line.

• Cool 1

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
14 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

CVs can not be left as they are because they are overperforming far too much.  I know you don't want to accept the data but it shows CVs are continuing to climb in the stats.  CVs need nerfs just to stop them from gaining more of an advantage they have over the other ships, then more nerfs to bring them in line.

They can't dev strike. They have no alpha. Midway has t5 torps. British bombs do no damage. CV hull cant defend its self. They cant run and hide because everyone knows were they are. 

The can be completly deplaned. 

Every BB ever DD every cruaier has more power than a CV.

Where is this op coming from? 

Hragumo thats OP, Khaba thats OP, Russian BB thats OP.

A full trip strike from Midway is 14k wow.

I you watch high damage games its not a cv its a BB or a DD.

[MHG]
Members
345 posts
10,327 battles
4 hours ago, Slimeball91 said:

Battles in CVs by your average player starting to wear off maybe due to announced incoming nerfs? What are the battle numbers in CVs at that point in time?

I had my fun in them but for the most part I’m back to surface ships with the occasional CV battle. Or for naval battles since I have pretty solid numbers across the board in them, I generally handle the CVs for the clan. 

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
2 hours ago, Pugilistic said:

They just announced in the dev blog that they are testing more nerfs to CV spotting. I suppose it is to get us to get us to drop the torches and pitchforks. 

DD plauers will NEVER stop itching about everything. DD players have been a non stop itch machine for over 2 years.

I am ouy of listing to DD players at this point.

• Cool 2

[SBS]
Members
5,901 posts
13 minutes ago, Cakeman826 said:

Battles in CVs by your average player starting to wear off maybe due to announced incoming nerfs? What are the battle numbers in CVs at that point in time?

The total number of games played by CV is the same, but there was an increase in all games played.  CVs accounted for ~7-8% of all games played over the previous two weeks and this past week that dropped to 6.48%.  It doesn't actually seem like there are fewer people playing CVs, but rather more people playing the other ships.

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20190427/na_week/average_class.html

Members
3,727 posts
4 hours ago, jags_domain said:

The warship podcast was talking about cv changes that supertesters are looking at.

WG if you do any of these changes you have jumped the shark and lost all trust. Even if you are a CV hater you have to lose support after these "ideas"

One idea was planes cannot spot anything at all. Stupid

Bringing back stealth AA. Stupid.

If ships have aa off planes cant see them. Stupid.

Planes have no alpha strike now they just sit there for 10 min while other things happen? Stupid.

You are going to have a very long year.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,013 posts
22,081 battles
59 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

DD plauers will NEVER stop itching about everything. DD players have been a non stop itch machine for over 2 years.

I am ouy of listing to DD players at this point.

ok