Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Incomitatus

USS Smith Help

5 comments in this topic

[-CFI-]
Members
326 posts
3,059 battles

I'm starting to hate this ship.

I have, as of the time of this writing, a 56% win rate overall. I'm 50%+ in all of my other destroyers. In the Smith... I'm sitting at 36%.

Now, yes, I'm a fairly new player - under 400 random battles. I'm playing in Tier IV and below, trying to get the fundamentals down hard before teching up. I've got a lot to learn. Still, I feel like my stats speak to at least some competence. And yet...

This ship is killing me. To add insult to injury, I know it can be played well. Heck, my only Kraken award, so far, was earned in the Smith.

But... well... I've just had five defeats in a row. And... I don't want to blame my teammates, but... yeah, they left a lot to be desired. A couple games my cohorts snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. But still, I know I could have done better, too... a LOT better.

I know it's user error. Any advice for sailing this ship? I need it.

Thanks.

Edited by Incomitatus

[USCG]
Members
575 posts
19,926 battles

First, I don’t own the Smith so can’t really help you there...

Second, if you’re doing well with the other DDs I’d move on since the Smith is one of a kind and mastering her doesn’t really help you down the road. 

Good luck. 

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,606 posts
19,720 battles

Fun ship, however a port queen for me since the MM is slanted vs me. However to help here are a few videos

And to end this listen to some advice from Little White Mouse here

Good Luck in your journey.  :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[-CFI-]
Members
326 posts
3,059 battles
On 5/18/2019 at 5:39 AM, cgbosn4 said:

First, I don’t own the Smith so can’t really help you there...

Second, if you’re doing well with the other DDs I’d move on since the Smith is one of a kind and mastering her doesn’t really help you down the road. 

Good luck. 

Ah but you see... I may or may not share a name with the ship. So for admittedly narcissistic reasons, I can't just move on.

Sign in to follow this