You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CaptainTeddybear

Captain respecs should continue to be free

19 comments in this topic

Members
3,727 posts

I know I am still trying out builds for the CV rework. I imagine most people with more than a handful of ships are as well. We should not be paying gold to deal with this craziness.

• Cool 4

Members
1,721 posts
11,185 battles

Personally, i was never a fan of having to pay to respec captains.  Eventually they added a way to grind a bunch of XP to do it but its still quite a grind.    I felt like it punished new players who took the wrong skills because they were new.  As an experienced player, I wouldn't mind trying out different builds, but i don't feel like constantly paying to try them out.   So, i just stick with the usual builds for all my ships.  I know what works.  no point in risking a crappy build.   I feel like it restricts your freedom to try things out. 

Free respecs are not common either unless you play clan battles.  I would say half  my ships are still not specced since the last free respec. 

but i guess WG has to try and make money anywhere they can.(like doubloons for consumables...)

• Cool 3

[USCC2]
Members
6,050 posts
28 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

I know I am still trying out builds for the CV rework. I imagine most people with more than a handful of ships are as well. We should not be paying gold to deal with this craziness.

I agree.

I understand such a big change as the reimagined CV release needs to continue to be reviewed both in and out of PTS - that is the only way we will get the best evidence and therefore the best integration of CVs into game.

So if there is a continuous string of changes surrounding something as important as a fundamental attack/defend method (planes/AA), then at some point WG should allow players to 'finally' make a choice and that choice be free.

Of course the real issue is when the CV integration be declared complete so they can announce the free change lol.

[R-F]
Members
74 posts
16,051 battles

play one clan battle each season get free respec.  so every 3 months you can get full free respec for only a single battle of the clan.  if your clan does not participate find one that does even if only once.  even wolf clans do clan battles.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,010 posts
22,560 battles
47 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

My, aren't we all a bunch of entitled little snowflakes?

I can not say I blame them one bit with all the new changes. If Wargaming can not put out a balanced product and they want to test it on the live server, then they need to make adjustments to help out the players. IMHO one reason people feel a bit strongly about it is how obnoxious the costs of retraining a captain is. It is truly an idiotic method they have of determining costs and probably one of the poorest systems of redoing skills in a game I have ever seen. Having to retrain every skill just to balance one problem skill just proves to me that Wargaming is either a greedy company or just a clueless inept company who has difficulty gronking their own game. Either way it is noisome how they determine costs and if I worked for them, I would be embarrassed. Course I am not from that area of the world, maybe shame isn't something they notice when it comes to business practices. 

• Cool 4

[MUDDX]
[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,414 battles

I agree. From 0.8.0 on WG has made the game an unreasonably long forced testing session. All of this mess should have been and should currently be done in a dedicated test session(s) for as long as it takes to sort this mess out or realize the truth that it is trash. As it is this mess detrimentally all players not just those using CVs.

It should not cost any player any real money to make any changes during this forced testing. Every player who has made changes should be given a complete refund of all doubloons they have spent on this.

I suggest that all CV players quit playing CVs in both the game and the test servers. It is senseless for you to self inflict costly damage to yourself by continuing to participate in this lunacy.

• Cool 1

[NSEW]
Members
1,857 posts
10,668 battles

It isn't unreasonable for the live servers players to be subjected  on going testing phase, and use their live Elite XP, or other accrued (time & points) to be shifted into a "live test server" , which is now the only server. 

If this was done in an actual PT server, it would make sense. The OP does have a valid point, whether one may view this as a "snowflake" or not. Standing up for what's right, is part of not being a snowflake I'd presume.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,010 posts
22,560 battles
9 minutes ago, LowSpeed_US said:

It isn't unreasonable for the live servers players to be subjected  on going testing phase, and use their live Elite XP, or other accrued (time & points) to be shifted into a "live test server" , which is now the only server. 

If this was done in an actual PT server, it would make sense. The OP does have a valid point, whether one may view this as a "snowflake" or not. Standing up for what's right, is part of not being a snowflake I'd presume.

I agree that it isn't unreasonable, just think if they do so, they need to make allowances for the constantly shifting/developing meta. One way they can do this is with free captain retraining and free module demounting. If that is too difficult for Wargaming to understand, then they should most certainly be called out by their customers. 

[36]
Members
452 posts
10,058 battles

I only feel entitled to “RESET” and “CONFIRM” options when I’m re-specializing my captain skills. WG wants to make me pay for it, fine, but at least give me the opportunity to try different builds, correct mistakes, and make informed decisions — without having to leave the game and use a third party site that most players don’t even know exists.

Now, if that makes me a snowflake, I don’t really care.

Members
6,151 posts
9,801 battles

Captain respec is only when when the skill tree gets a significant rework.

Seeing how changes are to ships, not captain skills, sorry folks, not getting this freebie for now.

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
25 minutes ago, Reymu said:

Captain respec is only when when the skill tree gets a significant rework.

Seeing how changes are to ships, not captain skills, sorry folks, not getting this freebie for now.

This^^

Although one more free respec in 8.4/8.5 would not be a bad thing for player harmony I would think.

Members
6,151 posts
9,801 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

This^^

Although one more free respec in 8.4/8.5 would not be a bad thing for player harmony I would think.

What would be especially hilarious is if the captain respec requires having 50 matches in T8/10 CVs in last two weeks :Smile_teethhappy:

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
1 minute ago, Reymu said:

What would be especially hilarious is if the captain respec requires having 50 matches in T8/10 CVs in last two weeks :Smile_teethhappy:

:Smile_teethhappy:

The queue would be crazy.

[ECOM]
Beta Testers
838 posts
11,053 battles

not sure if we need more free respecs, but... I do think respecs cost to much as they are currently.  Cut the doubloon/experience cost by 50% and I would be fine with it. 

[WOLF2]
Members
1,630 posts
11,153 battles

They could also be bundled in with rewards.   For example, test server.    Low populations not giving you the data you need, WG?   Play 10 (pick a number) games on the PT and get a coupon for free resets.     

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
1 hour ago, DiddleDum said:

They could also be bundled in with rewards.   For example, test server.    Low populations not giving you the data you need, WG?   Play 10 (pick a number) games on the PT and get a coupon for free resets.     

That is a good idea. :Smile_honoring:

[SFOR]
Beta Testers
428 posts
9,601 battles

Agree, and if not full respecs at least any and all skills related to AA should be able to be respecced. I would think module demounts may also need inclusion.

[D-DAY]
[D-DAY]
Members
14 posts
9 hours ago, Frederick_The_Great said:

Personally, i was never a fan of having to pay to respec captains.    I felt like it punished new players who took the wrong skills

i don't feel like constantly paying to try them out.   So, i just stick with the usual builds for all my ships. 

I have also come to the conclusion that the redistribution of captain skills should always be either free, or only a very nominal fee charged to discourage continual changing of a captains skills.

The present fees to redistribute a captains skills is punitive and completely discourages players (myself included) from adapting to changes in the meta or playing conditions, and experimenting with different builds.

If redistribution of skills cannot be free my suggested pricing is between 2 to 5 doubloons per skill point or no more than 250 free XP per skill point.  (The present 25 doubloon per point is excessive, and the 10,000 free XP per skill point cost is just totally obscene).

[GOB]
Members
2,035 posts
4 hours ago, _Starbuck said:

I only feel entitled to “RESET” and “CONFIRM” options when I’m re-specializing my captain skills. WG wants to make me pay for it, fine, but at least give me the opportunity to try different builds, correct mistakes, and make informed decisions — without having to leave the game and use a third party site that most players don’t even know exists.

Now, if that makes me a snowflake, I don’t really care.

Never met a person that used the term snowflake that wasn't some widdle dweeb who would never talk that way to ANYONE male or female IRL for fear of being slapped into a puddle of snot and tears.  Ignore keyboard kiddies and wanna be thuglettes.

Edited by Col_Nasty