You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
StevebDancer

CV reworks just not good enough

14 comments in this topic

[R-F1]
Members
133 posts
10,658 battles

Ok, WG I see you are trying to balance CVs but I feel you are not doing a good job.. I think you have to be more extreme. Here are a few ideas and will make a poll on it..

- 1st fighter squadrons dropped off of planes in flight have to be on ships and they follow that ship for their duration. (fixes issue of planes dropping on enemy DDs like radar.)

- 2nd take that old skill you had about planes HP changes per tier of enemy CV. this is how it works:

- Option 1 - Takes average tier of ships in match and if it is .75 to 1.24 tier more then CV's tier, the planes get a 10% bonus to health. if more then 1.25 higher then CV's tier it get a 18-22% boost to health. for slower speed and higher AA damages by ships.

- Option 2 - Takes average tier of all ships in match and take # - CV tier then multiply it by .165. That number would be bonus health to all planes on CV.. if average is below CV's teir no change. 

- Option 3 - CV planes or ships in game DPS changes to what planes it is shooting at.. so a T7 ship shoot at a T6 would shoot at a penalty.  and a T5 ship shooting at a T6 CV would get a boost.. the farther the tiers away from CV the more penalty or boost. this balances the planes and the ships..

- 3rd reduce number of attacks per squadron to 2 from 3 and take 3rd squardon of HP and add it to the planes of the 1st and 2nd..

- 4th reduce spotting distance of DDs by another 20-30% and no fighter spotting except by ship fighter (meaning no dropping fighters on a spot to continue spotting)

- 5th This should be a given if planes are over a person concealed in smoke then the undetected planes can still be heard over the smoke. so they know the planes are waiting for the DD....

- 6th when AA consumable it hit the circle that where the drop will happen will double. this is a benefit for ships with AA and also tells CV driver AA was hit and need to back off or not do as much damage and loose more planes... Because we can not tell when AA is hit or not. also the ship should be green as if the ship dropped a fighter..

- 7th when a plane is shot down in a run to drop bombs/ missles/ torps. That plane is NOT replaced... it is a bonus to the ship for shooting down the plane.. so it might be 1 less bomb/ torp/ rocket or more but for someone who put in the captain skill and/or consumable. it would pay off.

- 8th when a plane drops its load then view point slides right up to planes flying over head and that fixes slight shot of invulnerability.

- 9th AA Flack puffs are shot in the sectors you have it but they need to explode at different ranges NOT ALWAYS IN FRONT.. as they fly through that zone they explode randomly in the front/ middle/ and far part of zone.. so flack clouds will have depth.. including direct hits on planes(like ships have detonations). will make it easier but detonations of planes can happen..

if you have ideas please type them down and work this out..

Edited by StevebDancer
spelling and explaining more.
  • Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
3,100 posts
9,368 battles

WOW, you're talking about another rework. But I do not believe it is possible to balance CV's with surface ships.

• Cool 1

[MIA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,787 posts
8,499 battles

None of these ideas are good. CVs don't need per tier balance, they are balanced better in their queue range than surface ships. Don't need to tweak fighter spotting since it's no different than normal plane spotting. Lowering spotting of DDs by 0.4km won't change anything since DD air concealment is already low enough to defend them. Squad shoot downs not getting replaced will be a humongous nerf because of how HP allocation works, making ships with AA immune to strikes on top of adding RNG. Every other suggestion is just adding more RNG and that would somehow make anything better. Big no. 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[LODGE]
Members
321 posts
18,168 battles

Carriers cannot be balanced since they use skill against you and your only defense is RNG. You either let people defend themselves with skill, or you make the carriers attack only with RNG.

• Cool 3

Members
721 posts
3 hours ago, StevebDancer said:

Ok, WG I see you are trying to balance CVs but I feel you are not doing a good job.. I think you have to be more extreme. Here are a few ideas and will make a poll on it..

- 1st fighter squadrons dropped off of planes in flight have to be on ships and they follow that ship for their duration. (fixes issue of planes dropping on enemy DDs like radar.)

- 2nd take that old skill you had about planes HP changes per tier of enemy CV. this is how it works:

- Option 1 - Takes average tier of ships in match and if it is .75 to 1.24 tier more then CV's tier, the planes get a 10% bonus to health. if more then 1.25 higher then CV's tier it get a 18-22% boost to health. for slower speed and higher AA damages by ships.

- Option 2 - Takes average tier of all ships in match and take # - CV tier then multiply it by .165. That number would be bonus health to all planes on CV.. if average is below CV's teir no change. 

- Option 3 - CV planes or ships in game DPS changes to what planes it is shooting at.. so a T7 ship shoot at a T6 would shoot at a penalty.  and a T5 ship shooting at a T6 CV would get a boost.. the farther the tiers away from CV the more penalty or boost. this balances the planes and the ships..

- 3rd reduce number of attacks per squadron to 2 from 3 and take 3rd squardon of HP and add it to the planes of the 1st and 2nd..

- 4th reduce spotting distance of DDs by another 20-30% and no fighter spotting except by ship fighter (meaning no dropping fighters on a spot to continue spotting)

- 5th This should be a given if planes are over a person concealed in smoke then the undetected planes can still be heard over the smoke. so they know the planes are waiting for the DD....

- 6th when AA consumable it hit the circle that where the drop will happen will double. this is a benefit for ships with AA and also tells CV driver AA was hit and need to back off or not do as much damage and loose more planes... Because we can not tell when AA is hit or not. also the ship should be green as if the ship dropped a fighter..

- 7th when a plane is shot down in a run to drop bombs/ missles/ torps. That plane is NOT replaced... it is a bonus to the ship for shooting down the plane.. so it might be 1 less bomb/ torp/ rocket or more but for someone who put in the captain skill and/or consumable. it would pay off.

- 8th when a plane drops its load then view point slides right up to planes flying over head and that fixes slight shot of invulnerability.

- 9th AA Flack puffs are shot in the sectors you have it but they need to explode at different ranges NOT ALWAYS IN FRONT.. as they fly through that zone they explode randomly in the front/ middle/ and far part of zone.. so flack clouds will have depth.. including direct hits on planes(like ships have detonations). will make it easier but detonations of planes can happen..

if you have ideas please type them down and work this out..

All of this stuff is bad dude.  You clearly have not played CVs in the rework.  Most people dont do 3 drops so making it 2 drops with more plane HP would just piss off surface ships even more cause it would be easier to get off 2 drops every time.  Rest of the stuff is equally as bad for different reasons.  Go play a T8 CV on test and say that CV need spotting distance cut by 30% MORE on DD, it would be next to impossible to spot them because they would have a cloaking device.

Im all for romulan cloaking but i prefer it in startrek online.

• Boring 1

[WOLFC]
Members
1,290 posts
7,100 battles

This is thought out - I give you that.

But its really just "NERF IT! Nerf it NOWWWW!"

Members
201 posts
3,193 battles

Early start with these anti-CV threads.

CV's are already getting nerfed.

The suggestions you will never happen as they would completely neuter the class. 

I know, I know, that's what all you anti-CV haters want is to completely destroy the class.  You can keep dreaming its not going to happen.

• Cool 1

[NSEW]
Members
1,286 posts

Those that cry wolf (post-rework), forgets that the real wolf (pre-rework) was far more real (dangerous).

If you think otherwise, you're delusional. 

Members
136 posts
6,101 battles
24 minutes ago, LowSpeed_US said:

Those that cry wolf (post-rework), forgets that the real wolf (pre-rework) was far more real (dangerous).

pre-rework I had a 7.2 AAA range and it had teeth,few CVs attacked me.

post re work I have 5.8 AAA that is weak and pathetic and CVs constantly send wave after wave to harass me until I die.

you are the delusional one

Members
2,707 posts
10,512 battles
50 minutes ago, LowSpeed_US said:

I agree with your assessment.  In my opinion the main reason people complain about CVs is that after the rework CVs are much more common than before the rework.  Which was, undoubtedly, one of the main goals of the rework in the first place.  Ironically the only way to “fix” this is to ruin the class in such a way that majority of players stop playing CVs.

Members
2,707 posts
10,512 battles
28 minutes ago, Wicked_Little_Witch said:

pre-rework I had a 7.2 AAA range and it had teeth,few CVs attacked me.

post re work I have 5.8 AAA that is weak and pathetic and CVs constantly send wave after wave to harass me until I die.

you are the delusional one

Before the rework decent CV player was death incarnate, regardless of your AA.  CVs would not have to send wave after wave to kill you, they would take you out in one or two drops.  It was pretty rare to run into decent CV player though, the class is much more popular after the rework and designed to kill by thousand cuts.

[R-F1]
Members
133 posts
10,658 battles
21 hours ago, JToney3449 said:

All of this stuff is bad dude.  You clearly have not played CVs in the rework.  Most people dont do 3 drops so making it 2 drops with more plane HP would just piss off surface ships even more cause it would be easier to get off 2 drops every time.  Rest of the stuff is equally as bad for different reasons.  Go play a T8 CV on test and say that CV need spotting distance cut by 30% MORE on DD, it would be next to impossible to spot them because they would have a cloaking device.

Im all for romulan cloaking but i prefer it in startrek online.

I guess you have not read the other post of WG in their Dev blog.. a post in the forums said that they were changing spotting to  2km if AA is turned off for all ships.. so I guess you are wrong.. tell me how annoying it is for a ship with little to no AA getting attacked 3x. once a DD is sotted the cv know generally where the DD is going so making a look and making a attack is a no brainer.. will still be able to do attacks on it.

P.S. how many DDs play now? not many I wonder why????

Edited by StevebDancer

[R-F1]
Members
133 posts
10,658 battles
20 hours ago, HeadSplit120 said:

Early start with these anti-CV threads.

CV's are already getting nerfed.

The suggestions you will never happen as they would completely neuter the class. 

I know, I know, that's what all you anti-CV haters want is to completely destroy the class.  You can keep dreaming its not going to happen.

I was playing T6 cv and like playing it when all the ships were T6.. I run into a T7 BB, or CA and I can't even get 1 drop in on it all by it's self.. so is that enough to say it needs work.. it would not neuter it just more extreme measures to fix CVs. now tier 4 CVs is super painful.

On 5/18/2019 at 3:21 AM, NeoRussia said:

None of these ideas are good. CVs don't need per tier balance, they are balanced better in their queue range than surface ships. Don't need to tweak fighter spotting since it's no different than normal plane spotting. Lowering spotting of DDs by 0.4km won't change anything since DD air concealment is already low enough to defend them. Squad shoot downs not getting replaced will be a humongous nerf because of how HP allocation works, making ships with AA immune to strikes on top of adding RNG. Every other suggestion is just adding more RNG and that would somehow make anything better. Big no. 

read above and try it.. unless you use a sling shot or islands for AA cover you ain't going to get near that ship at all. ships you can hide or snipe from range. I did not say ANYTHING about not replacing  the planes that got shot down..